Battle Of The Comic Book Writers

Bendis? WTF?

Brian Micheal Bendis
Neil Gailman

Going against the flow here...

The Finals of the greatest comic book writers.

Frank Miller
Renowned for his Batman and Daredevil work, he also gave us Martha Washington and a tour of decadent Basin City.

Notable Work:
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Daredevil
Sin City

vs.

Alan Moore
The scraggly recluse wrote one of the most influential and important comics of all time. His Swamp Thing is one of the few characters to outmatch Batman.

Notable Work:
The Killing Joke
Swamp Thing
Watchmen

ProjectX2 said:
Alan Moore has won.

What?! Oh, man, what a huge upset! I never saw it coming! :D

How much of a percentage did Moore win by? I imagine it was at least close and not landslide. Moore is a biggie, but in terms of influence and effect on modern comics, Miller is the one person I'd say matches him.

Entropy said:
What?! Oh, man, what a huge upset! I never saw it coming! :D

How much of a percentage did Moore win by? I imagine it was at least close and not landslide. Moore is a biggie, but in terms of influence and effect on modern comics, Miller is the one person I'd say matches him.

He hasn't won yet. Just saying that he most likely will since he's kinda like Jesus reincarnated.

Well, let's see here. Alan Moore (V for Vendetta, Swamp Thing, WildC.A.T.S., and some crappy tomb called Watchmen) vrs Frank Miller (Daredevil, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Sin City, and a few old issues of spider-man back in the day)

I' voting Moore, almost exclusivly because of All Star Batman and Robin. It's too bad.

icemastertron said:
Frank Miller
But why Ice? What did Miller write that made you chose him over Moore? Was it DKR? Sin City? The 300? I'm guessing most people chose Moore because of Watchmen, or in Bass's case V for Vendetta (Wich I agree with :wink: ).

Baxter said:
But why Ice? What did Miller write that made you chose him over Moore? Was it DKR? Sin City? The 300? I'm guessing most people chose Moore because of Watchmen, or in Bass's case V for Vendetta (Wich I agree with :wink: ).
Because I haven't read anything from Moore, and because I have seen work from Miller, I went with him.

icemastertron said:
Because I haven't read anything from Moore, and because I have seen work from Miller, I went with him.

You haven't read anything Moore? Aaaaaagggghhhh!

I voted for Miller too. The only thing from Moore I've enjoyed was The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (that was Moore, right?). Didn't really get into Watchmen and haven't read V for Vendetta. From Miller I've read both Dark Knights and Sin City and loved them all.

You guys were so silly.

Edit: I love the fact that TGO, all through the thread referred to Neil Gaiman as "Gailman" and no one said a thing.

Last edited:
I was so dumb. I would change most of my picks now.

I also like how we all spelled Gaiman wrong.

Latest posts

Back