Battlestar Galactica (re-imagined)

It's up to 12 hours for the last block in 2009.

They went from 10 hours with a a one hour series finale, to 11 with a 2 hour finale and now they're at 12 with a three hour finale.

Nothing like making one season stretch over 2 years to milk it out as much as possible.

Now . . . where can I talk about the events in the season 4 mid break cliffhanger and the events that unfolded. I want opinons. Don't be a dumba$$ if you haven't seen up to this point as it's a huge spoiler:
I personally think Kara gave the Earth the tech to destroy itself, somehow. Was her viper the ship that crashed in Roswell (I hope not!)? I noticed they didn't detect any functioning satellites, either, when they approached Earth. This could be an indication of an earlier time on Earth. The way they jump by folding space and time, it could be theorized that Kara time traveled to some extent. Or, as has been suggested by friends, did Kara lead the other Cylons to Earth on her first trip there? And they nuked Earth? And if this is the case, or if either is, then is the time travel aspect a way they could fix things? Or do you think I'm clutching at straws with that portion of my theory?

Ok....real quick....can someone explain to me what Season 2.5 is and how it flows with the series? I just finished Season 2 and am totally hyped to see how the finale concluded....but I see Season 2.5 starts with the finale and proceeds.

I'm confused. Does the conclusion for Season 2 finish with Season 3's premiere...or with Season 2.5????

Ok....real quick....can someone explain to me what Season 2.5 is and how it flows with the series? I just finished Season 2 and am totally hyped to see how the finale concluded....but I see Season 2.5 starts with the finale and proceeds.

I'm confused. Does the conclusion for Season 2 finish with Season 3's premiere...or with Season 2.5????

Season 2 was divided up for DVD release into two volumes as Season 2.0 and and Season 2.5, (I think due to a long break between the halves like we have going on now with Season 4). Season 2.0 is the first ten episodes of Season 2, Season 2.5 is the last ten episodes of Season 2. Talk about overly complicating things. Anyway, on the 2.5 DVDs, there's also an extended cut of Pegasus, the mid-season cliffhanger. I much prefer the uncut vs. the cut, tv version.

So really, it depends on the finale you're talking about. Is the finale you're referring to with the stand-off with the Pegasus, or (don't read this spoiler if you're only on the mid-season cliffhanger with the Pegasus)
are you actually at the end of Season 2 with them on New Caprica, the Cylons show up, Apollo is fat, etc
? If its the latter, you're good.

I posted that timeline for a reason. Its a few pages back in this thread, should answer your questions about viewing order. You can just ignore the comics, novels, etc that are included.

In the DVD sets, an extended version of the last episode from 2.0 is the first episode of 2.5.

... It confused me too.

So, I just got back into Battlestar Galactica. I have been watching mostly Babylon 5 mostly, so BSG got put on the after burner.

Well, I am just a mere 4 episodes away from the end of Babylon 5's Third Season, so I thought that it would be a pretty good idea for me to jump back into BSG.

How on in the world can Season 3's Finale top Season 2's? I'm excited. :D

So, I just got back into Battlestar Galactica. I have been watching mostly Babylon 5 mostly, so BSG got put on the after burner.

Well, I am just a mere 4 episodes away from the end of Babylon 5's Third Season, so I thought that it would be a pretty good idea for me to jump back into BSG.

Its good timing too, if you need to catch up. The last ten episodes of the series start airing January 16.

How on in the world can Season 3's Finale top Season 2's? I'm excited. :D

Don't read this if you don't want to be spoiled:

Late into Season 3, Kara basically commits suicide, but the finale ends with her showing back up, surprising the hell out of Lee. The really awesome thing is she shows up proclaiming she knows where Earth is, and how to get there. The episode ends as they do a quick zoom out in space from the Fleet's position, then a quick zoom in on Earth...it didn't seem that far away.

Halfway through Season 4, they find and land on Earth (with the Cylons...some weird truce) and find it to be a nuclear wasteland. The remainder of the fourth Season explains what they do from there.

The Season 3 finale also features a pretty cool plot featuring Baltar being put on trial for his complicity with the Cylons on New Caprica. This features some great dialogue on behalf of Lee (who gives up flying to become a lawyer like his grandfather), Romo Lampkin (a lawyer character who's just awesome), and Baltar himself. Good stuff.

Well, damnit DIrishB, why would you give me that temptation?

Edit away! Quick!

Okay, watched the new episode....

all I have to say is "HAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

Seriously, wtf is this? *I* could write a better story, and I'm a bloody artist.

I mean.. can ANYONE explain why Lee's wife did what she did? The
Earth based humaniforms
the whoooole reincarnation of the Tighs, and other Final Five...
. Seriously What The ****??

Oh yeah, Cassie reminded me
Dead Kara was a nice touch

Last edited:
Ellen is the final Cylon. And I'm okay with that.

Well, now that we've got that out of the way ... amazing frakking episode. I loved that it was all about the emotion - Adama's talk with Tigh was easily the best part. Well, maybe second best -
the look on Leoben's face after they discovered Kara's "remains" was just scary
. And of course, there's Dualla's reaction, which surprised the hell out of me.

Needless to say, BSG is back. Nine weeks ... nine weeks and it'll all be over. At least it's off to a frakking good start.

Last minute change: just read scotti-chan's post (well most of it,I still haven't figured out how to highlight text on this phone), but obviously I disagree. Seriously, everything everyone had been hoping for was just destroyed, and Dualla was fragile enough as it was. To think that not one person
would kill themselves after what had happened
is just ridiculous.

Ellen is the final Cylon. And I'm okay with that.

Well, now that we've got that out of the way ... amazing frakking episode. I loved that it was all about the emotion - Adama's talk with Tigh was easily the best part. Well, maybe second best -
the look on Leoben's face after they discovered Kara's "remains" was just scary
. And of course, there's Dualla's reaction, which surprised the hell out of me.

Me too. I thought it was a hallucination at first.

Needless to say, BSG is back. Nine weeks ... nine weeks and it'll all be over. At least it's off to a frakking good start.

Well, it won't ALL be over. There's another movie called "The Plan" which has already wrapped shooting and will air later this year, after the series finale. Also, Caprica was picked up for a full 20 episode order by Sci-Fi (in addition to the already completed pilot), which will start airing in early 2010.

Of course, I don't have high hopes for Caprica.

Last minute change: just read scotti-chan's post (well most of it,I still haven't figured out how to highlight text on this phone), but obviously I disagree. Seriously, everything everyone had been hoping for was just destroyed, and Dualla was fragile enough as it was. To think that not one person
would kill themselves after what had happened
is just ridiculous.

Have to agree.

However, I'm very unimpressed that Ellen Tigh is the Final Cylon...or was Starbuck also a Cylon? I'm confused as to whats going on with her finding her dead body...time travel, clone, some new Cylon resurrection technology? Hmmmm...

Last edited:
Okay, watched the new episode....

all I have to say is "HAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

Seriously, wtf is this? *I* could write a better story, and I'm a bloody artist.

I mean.. can ANYONE explain why Lee's wife did what she did? The
Earth based humaniforms
the whoooole reincarnation of the Tighs, and other Final Five...
. Seriously What The ****??

Oh yeah, Cassie reminded me
Dead Kara was a nice touch

Haven't really looked at the spoilers, but this is how I felt all through season 3 and why I'm not watching this show anymore. Yay! It's like Lost! And Heroes!

:cry: I miss Firefly.

Haven't really looked at the spoilers, but this is how I felt all through season 3 and why I'm not watching this show anymore. Yay! It's like Lost! And Heroes!

as much as i generally loathe Whedon and his creations, I have to agree totally with you.

Maybe you should be glad Fox cancelled it before it got to the point of Mal jumping over Reavers wearing a jetpack...and water-skis.

And honestly, the first Season of Battlestar was stellar television, much like Firefly. In terms of first seasons (or only seasons in Firefly's case), they both went for a solid 13.

Yes. BSG's first season was pretty bloody brilliant as I recall.

And double yes. In the parallel world where Firefly continued, the third season is rubbish.

No. Don't even mention BSG and Lost in the same sentence as Heroes, except to say "Man, isn't it amazing how much better BSG and Lost are than Heroes?" Seriously, one of these things does not belong ....

I'll give you that season 3 of BSG and season2/first half of season 3 of Lost were sub-par. Bad, even. But Lost really picked up in its fourth season, and BSG has had a fantastic final season as well so far, IMO. Heroes was basically a mess from the get-go, we just didn't realize it until the completely retarded second and third seasons.

The worst episodes of Lost and BSG look like masterpieces compared to the rubbish that Heroes has become. Hell, they look like masterpieces compared to most of the crap on TV these days, what with endless LAW AND ORDER and CSI shows running around, Pushing Daisies getting canceled, and countless, brainless reality TV filling up the airwaves.

All of which is to say, even with some sub-par seasons and ridiculous storylines (the Cylons traded sides how many times? How long are they gonna stay in those stupid cages?), Lost and BSG are miles and leagues and light years ahead of Heroes and its ilk, and damn good television most of the time to boot.

I miss Firefly

Don't we all.:cry:

Latest posts

Back