Beast is still dead!

Goodwill said:
Well, I was just kicking around some ideas... Personally, something's wrong mentally with anyone convinced that Beast will be back. I don't see anything realistically feasible accept for Fury covering it up but then we have to do with why and why did he seem like he knew that he was dead...

And I'm just about convinced that Sam Wilson's caveman jungle drugs introduced in Ult. Nightmare were a catalyst for bringing Beast back.

Here's my pisser. Iceman (Hank's best friend) doesn't even have any trouble with his friend gone. Beast had become isolatory when Iceman was gone. Mr. McCoy's parents (Who's book depends on Hank's life) hasn't made a media scene (After all, wouldn't he now be their bread and butter?). Beast was dropped for a bunch of "one hit wonders" of the X-Men, and these inferior characters 15 minutes of fame should of ended quite some time ago. What would of been a risk and seriously contronversal would of been kill Wolverine. That would of taken some brains and inguineuity!

onenewquestion said:
Here's my pisser. Iceman (Hank's best friend) doesn't even have any trouble with his friend gone. Beast had become isolatory when Iceman was gone. Mr. McCoy's parents (Who's book depends on Hank's life) hasn't made a media scene (After all, wouldn't he now be their bread and butter?). Beast was dropped for a bunch of "one hit wonders" of the X-Men, and these inferior characters 15 minutes of fame should of ended quite some time ago. What would of been a risk and seriously contronversal would of been kill Wolverine. That would of taken some brains and inguineuity!

While I agree with you, the problem really is the writers... They are choosing to not focus on that, you know. I mean, it's hard to when you have so many characters to right. Besides, I don't think there was any reference as to how many months past after New Mutants so it could be that Bobby is over that hurtle. I know a girl whose sister comitted suicide and, if you talked to her, it is almost like she forgot that ever happened... It's the way kids are. One of my friends also gave birth to a malnourished child who died in her arms and she's forgotten about it, too.

Children (up to and including teenagers) are the single most resilient type of human being to emotional damage. Damaging them is seriously hard and they can get over anything with enough time and proper conditions. When they are damaged severly though, the damage stops being damage and starts being normal. Even Jesus recognized this in one of his parables.

Basically, kids can deal.

Exactly, that's what I was trying to get at just without Jesus... I was making it more relative but we're both right.

onenewquestion said:

Like what the others said, Iceman's got over it for now. I think he already released all his anguish regarding Hank's death when he was talking with Rogue about how some people die young, while ice skating. I think it was in "Tempest". Also, from USM's Wolverine team-up and "Cry Wolf", Storm has to a certain degree gotten over her boyfriend's death and even fell for Wolverine already.

But you're right about the thing regarding McCoy's parents. Iceman gets badly injured and a media circus erupts. Hank gets killed and we already know that his parents finally care about him and not even a single reference about them comes up. The only possible explanation I can think of that everyone is pretty much aware that Hank's death was caused by the government and is not Xavier's fault since the Sentinels' are publicly known to be military weapons. Then again, we could see the same situation with Rogue now eloping with Gambit and her 'rents haven't talked to Xavier yet.

Last edited:
Goodwill said:
Exactly, that's what I was trying to get at just without Jesus... I was making it more relative but we're both right.

Jesus didn't have anything to do with it. The theory itself however is included in the bible which was the basis of that referrence

cmdrjanjalani said:
Like what the others said, Iceman's got over it for now. I think he already released all his anguish regarding Hank's death when he was talking with Rogue about how some people die young, while ice skating. I think it was in "Tempest". Also, from USM's Wolverine team-up and "Cry Wolf", Storm has to a certain degree gotten over her boyfriend's death and even fell for Wolverine already.

But you're right about the thing regarding McCoy's parents. Iceman gets badly injured and a media circus erupts. Hank gets killed and we already know that his parents finally care about him and not even a single reference about them comes up. The only possible explanation I can think of that everyone is pretty much aware that Hank's death was caused by the government and is not Xavier's fault since the Sentinels' are publicly known to be military weapons. Then again, we could see the same situation with Rogue now eloping with Gambit and her 'rents haven't talked to Xavier yet.

Again, it's different writers. While Millar was a political writer, which was virtually the reason why there was a media circus surrounding Xavier's treatment of his students and Iceman, and Vaughan, who is taking the title back to the ambitious adventures that we all know and love. Nothing wrong with either as far as I am concerned, that's just what it is.

Goodwill said:
Again, it's different writers. While Millar was a political writer, which was virtually the reason why there was a media circus surrounding Xavier's treatment of his students and Iceman, and Vaughan, who is taking the title back to the ambitious adventures that we all know and love. Nothing wrong with either as far as I am concerned, that's just what it is.

Good call, Goodz.

"I learned a few tricks from a guy named Cornelius, same egghead who turned your old Pal Hank into a furry blue freak.

Oh, sorry...
that freak's a corpse now,

isn't he?

Anyone guess why this was brought up in UXM issue 60?

didn't buy issue 60, what happened?

also, i like that Beast died, if not how. i'm all for change in the Ultimate Universe, and Beast dying is a pretty big change.

also, he was a whiney *****.

Yuriko and Logan and blah, blah, blah...

Now, I'm not the sort of guy to keep pressing an issue past a point where people get tired of it... but....

I'm just wandering why it was worded this way...

"corpse now, isn't he?"

It suggests that there is a question over his death.

Also Storm says to Yuriko...

"I heard you were dead" (and she's not)

Also Yuriko says...

"Well, chivalry's not dead huh?"

Is it possible that "chilvalry" is a metaphor for the most chivalrous mutant of them all?

Anyway, I'm not the sort of person to labour a point.

I see what you're saying, I don't think it alludes to Beast being alive though.

I'd be kind of whatever about him being alive. I like the ramifications of Beast being dead. It affected a few of the team members, though why Iceman hasn't been shown grieving at all (that skating thing didn't ... didn't count) escapes me.

Besides, with Wolvie and Storm back the team is too big again to start taking more kiddies. though, to be honest, Vaughan does find a way to use them all.

Hello Meg It's Jon said:
Yuriko and Logan and blah, blah, blah...

Now, I'm not the sort of guy to keep pressing an issue past a point where people get tired of it... but....

I'm just wandering why it was worded this way...

"corpse now, isn't he?"

It suggests that there is a question over his death.

Also Storm says to Yuriko...

"I heard you were dead" (and she's not)

Also Yuriko says...

"Well, chivalry's not dead huh?"

Is it possible that "chilvalry" is a metaphor for the most chivalrous mutant of them all?

Anyway, I'm not the sort of person to labour a point.
*Jumps up and down clapping his hands like a giddy toddler*

This is great. LSJL is like the chairman of the Beast is Alive issue.

Viva la Beast!

i think he's dead, no doubt. however, i also think that apocolypse is his best chance for a justifiable return, if at all. but realistically speaking, what use could he have for beast? i mean, hes smart and all, but anyone can take him out. but if he comes back, then maybe apocalypse will bring back hawkeye too.(if it turns out he's dead)

elfreo said:
i think he's dead, no doubt. however, i also think that apocolypse is his best chance for a justifiable return, if at all. but realistically speaking, what use could he have for beast? i mean, hes smart and all, but anyone can take him out. but if he comes back, then maybe apocalypse will bring back hawkeye too.(if it turns out he's dead)
Ever read Age of Apocalypse? Beast there was a servant to Apoc by being his experimenting-on-mutants-and-what-not scientist.

icemastertron said:
Ever read Age of Apocalypse? Beast there was a servant to Apoc by being his experimenting-on-mutants-and-what-not scientist.

really? well i never read AOA, so no i did'nt know. thanks for that btw :wink:

Latest posts

Back