Beast is still dead!

That was Dark Beast and he was different than the Hank McCoy we know from this title. If we ever saw Dark Beast, that would just be the excuse to reintroduce the character back into the fold... I'm really not interested in that.

Goodwill said:
That was Dark Beast and he was different than the Hank McCoy we know from this title. If we ever saw Dark Beast, that would just be the excuse to reintroduce the character back into the fold... I'm really not interested in that.
Yes, it was Dark Beast. And of course its not the Hank from UXM, BUUUT! The question was asked what would Apoc need of Beast, and what Beast did in AoA is what he could do here, if that road was ever to be taken. It was just to answer the question. Two different Beasts, but at the same time, the same. I do agree with you that that is not a wise choice to ever choose, but again, I just said it to answer a question.

Hello Meg It's Jon said:
Thanks to the recent UFF issue, nothing stops either of the current living Beasts from jumping dimensions.
but introducing non-ultimate universe characters would ruin the UU.

... Yet another odd way to reintroduce him! LSJL, I thought you knew better! :) Man...

He should stay dead or we should go with a Fury conspiracy theory story.

You see... in my oppinion, and I think i've said this before, If they bring back Hank they need to do so by essentially putting a new brain in his body, and using it in a Frankensteinesque manner.

In fact, if they were to make him Apocalypse's furry blue doctor, like in AoA, I wouldn't be surprised if they put in Cornelius' brain. I mean, he'd hate himself, and experiment on himself at the same time.

I imagine Ultimate Dark Beast to be horribly disfigured... like, rotting... held together by technology and stuff like that.

But I don't want the original Hank Back. If the body's back, fine, but not the rest.

Brain swapping? Please, if it's going to be introduced in the UU, please keep it in the UFF. That would just be too odd for a title that is supposed to focus on the oppression of mutants and what both sides are doing to combat it. I don't need mutant zombies.

Goodwill said:
Brain swapping? Please, if it's going to be introduced in the UU, please keep it in the UFF. That would just be too odd for a title that is supposed to focus on the oppression of mutants and what both sides are doing to combat it. I don't need mutant zombies.

hey, its better than just coming out and saying he's been alright all this time, just..... hiding.

I'd buy hiding before brain swapping, actually... When you've gott swap brains and change a character from what he once was is really, what I call a cop out. If there was a conspiracy about Fury wanting Beast on his team, so he hides him for his benefit, there would be more to it. It would make better sense, too, since Beast left the mansion on bad terms with Xavier and since Fury and Xavier are essentially business partners, nothing more. That, to me, makes a lot of sense.

Goodwill said:
I'd buy hiding before brain swapping, actually... When you've gott swap brains and change a character from what he once was is really, what I call a cop out. If there was a conspiracy about Fury wanting Beast on his team, so he hides him for his benefit, there would be more to it. It would make better sense, too, since Beast left the mansion on bad terms with Xavier and since Fury and Xavier are essentially business partners, nothing more. That, to me, makes a lot of sense.

Except the part where Two Telepaths said he was dead. Two telepaths who are NOT in on Fury's plan.

you can't just temporarily turn off a brain.

And hell, Fury has Wolverine on speed dial, black ops officers up the wazoo, and the Ultimates. And Ultimate Henry McCoy was NOT the genius his counterpart is, he's smart, but not smart enough to sit in a room with Reed Richards and Tony Stark, hell, even Peter Parker, and still hold his own. If he was that smart they didn't show it. They showed him being a smart guy, not a genius by any means. Why would Fury want him?

I'm just saying that a reprogrammed beast is more likely than an out of the blue Beast, who's magically better.

Well, as far as we know, there was only one present. Also, even if there was a hundred, Fury has a whole division of mind-readers to easily lead Xavier astray. Don't think for a second that that sort of excuse can't be avoided. It would be easily explained.

Guijllons said:
That wasn't Hank that died, that was his twin brother that was really Gwen Stacy in disguise.

*smacks self on head*

Of course!

But seriously, they are going to bring Beast back somehow at some point.
Is it actually possible to raise hank from the dead believably, or do you think that only his likeness will reappear?
And if it were his likeness in the form of Dark Beast or something, why bother having a likeness of Hank?

But I never felt that Beast's death accomplished anything. He just died. Sure, not every death is a big heroic end, but this being literature, it had to be for some purpose. Storm cut her hair and got a bit moody, was that it?
If he was killed, they must have bigger plans. right?

It really didn't need to accomplish anything more than giving Storm an oppurtunity to shine, that's all. I'm glad she's a cooler character than she was before.

Guijllons said:
But I never felt that Beast's death accomplished anything. He just died. Sure, not every death is a big heroic end, but this being literature, it had to be for some purpose. Storm cut her hair and got a bit moody, was that it?
If he was killed, they must have bigger plans. right?

Here is what I think was accomplished by Beast's death:
- The reality that being one of the X-Men is extremely dangerous. I can imagine how aspiring mutants and their parents would no longer want to join Xavier's school now that they find out how dangerous it is. Iceman was critically injured pretty early and that was a field day for the mutie-haters, you've gotta imagine how much worse it is now with one of their students getting killed. Northstar even comments on that during the "Sinister" arc.

- Storm's personality has experienced a sort of change. Considering how she loved Beast so much, we know how devastated she was at first. Now we get to see how it affects her now. Storm's hasn't been as candid and affable as she was while Beast was alive.

- For the readers, the realization that no character is safe, probably with the exception of Wolverine. Since Beast is still alive in 616, there is no apparent pattern of who the writers of UXM will kill off next.

Latest posts

Back