Ben 10 Multiverse - Timelines

Also they are some original series episodes, but very few, that I missed, so I am very excited to watch them now in order and not being confused about their order as I was as a kid.
I watched the First 3 season in 3 Days they Will feel Like a movie ahahaha. Anyway my fav era Is the UAF era, so I started to slow down for season 4 coz it's reaaaaaally slow and doesn't have a "big bad" (thanks Buffy).

I am going to talk about Gwen 10 in a second post. What are you saying in the second sentence?

It is already before it
yes but it has to happen just before it, since Ben isn't really used to him, he doesn't even name him in the episode.

FUN FACT: Race against time was created to serve as the real ending of the Original series to prepare for Alien Force. Destroy all aliens was instead an intentionally non-canon movie, that was made at the time of ultimate alien since, most people preffered the original over the new series. Then Came omniverse and changed this to the other way around. Now Race against time is not-canon while Destroy all Aliens is. What a Journey. ahaha

FUN FACT: Race against time was created to serve as the real ending of the Original series to prepare for Alien Force. Destroy all aliens was instead an intentionally non-canon movie, that was made at the time of ultimate alien since, most people preffered the original over the new series. Then Came omniverse and changed this to the other way around. Now Race against time is not-canon while Destroy all Aliens is. What a Journey. ahaha
I know that. I am still writing about Gen 10.

About Gwen 10. Recalling for memory since it has being 10+ years since I watched it:
That episode is bizarre. There is an omnipotent narrator that can alter reality and decides it is going to show us, the audience (breaking the fourth wall) what would had happened if Gwen did get the omnitrix. Until that point everything is OK. But... it turns out that the Ben from this universe is OUR Ben, he remembers being in the middle of summer, not in the first day, and is as confused as us. So somehow the narrator broke the series and magically transported Ben to the first day of summer, with intact memories. And then since Gwen is better with the omnitrix that Ben, Vilgax sets his season 1 finale into motion earlier in the same day (I don't really remember if it was the same day, but if not, the next day). How? Wasn't he waiting because he was healing himself? Has he healed faster because of the motivation of defeating Gwen or what? And at the end of the episode Ben recalls that he had the omnitrix briefly removed from him in the season 1 finale and rushes to grab it before Gwen, but the last twist of the episode is that... Granpa Max grabbed it before and now he is Max 10. The next episode the omnitrix is not on Max or Gwen and Ben is again in the middle of summer vacation, without memory of that episode having happened.

Yeah, I know, alternate universes, but this episode Ben was clearly Prime Ben up until that point and ends in this new altered timeline with no returning.

Also when a Gwen 10 appears in Omniverse I just get the impresion that she is just supposed to be just "Gwen from an universe were she grabbed the omnitrix", simple as that, not "Gwen from a universe were Ben grabbed the omnitrix, have adventures with it, a fourth-wall breaking narrator transported him to the first day of summer, Gwen grabbed the omnitrix, then Max grabbed it and Gwen got it back again at a later point"

I don't know if you understand what I am referring about that episode. I feels so as a different thing from an alternate universe.

I haven't seen "Goodbye and Good Riddance" (In fact looking at the episode list, I think it is in fact the only episode of original series Ben 10 that I missed as a kid), so I don't know if the narrator gets into the plot or if in this case just presents the events and lets them unfold without intervention.

okay, now about the games, comics and novels. Basically they work as the DCAU, but I only remember the games, so going in order:

1) Ben 10: Hyperscan = Canon (adaptation of First Season)
2) Ben 10: Protector of Earth = Not-Canon (alternate timeline splitting after 03X13)
3) Ben 10: Alien Force = Canon (set Between 01X16-01X17) [Canon thanks to Gorvan appearing in Omniverse)
4) Ben 10: Alien Force: Vilgax Attack = Not-Canon (alternate timeline splitting after 01x01)
5) Ben 10: Alien Force: The Rise of Hex = I Don't Know
6) Ben 10: Ultimate Alien: Cosmic Destruction = Not-Canon (alternate timeline splitting after 02X20)
7) Ben 10: Galactic Racing = Not-Canon (you can see why)
8) Ben 10: Omniverse = Canon (it's canonical cos the game lines up with DJW's lore statement, I stil have to find out where the game take place aside from 100% during season 1)
9) Ben 10: Omniverse 2 = Canon (takes place between 03X09-03X10)

About Gwen 10. Recalling for memory since it has being 10+ years since I watched it:
That episode is bizarre. There is an omnipotent narrator that can alter reality and decides it is going to show us, the audience (breaking the fourth wall) what would had happened if Gwen did get the omnitrix. Until that point everything is OK. But... it turns out that the Ben from this universe is OUR Ben, he remembers being in the middle of summer, not in the first day, and is as confused as us. So somehow the narrator broke the series and magically transported Ben to the first day of summer, with intact memories. And then since Gwen is better with the omnitrix that Ben, Vilgax sets his season 1 finale into motion earlier in the same day (I don't really remember if it was the same day, but if not, the next day). How? Wasn't he waiting because he was healing himself? Has he healed faster because of the motivation of defeating Gwen or what? And at the end of the episode Ben recalls that he had the omnitrix briefly removed from him in the season 1 finale and rushes to grab it before Gwen, but the last twist of the episode is that... Granpa Max grabbed it before and now he is Max 10. The next episode the omnitrix is not on Max or Gwen and Ben is again in the middle of summer vacation, without memory of that episode having happened.

Yeah, I know, alternate universes, but this episode Ben was clearly Prime Ben up until that point and ends in this new altered timeline with no returning.

Also when a Gwen 10 appears in Omniverse I just get the impresion that she is just supposed to be just "Gwen from an universe were she grabbed the omnitrix", simple as that, not "Gwen from a universe were Ben grabbed the omnitrix, have adventures with it, a fourth-wall breaking narrator transported him to the first day of summer, Gwen grabbed the omnitrix, then Max grabbed it and Gwen got it back again at a later point"

I don't know if you understand what I am referring about that episode. I feels so as a different thing from an alternate universe.

I haven't seen "Goodbye and Good Riddance" (In fact looking at the episode list, I think it is in fact the only episode of original series Ben 10 that I missed as a kid), so I don't know if the narrator gets into the plot or if in this case just presents the events and lets them unfold without intervention.
you got a point.

I am also going to check the video games, even if DJW said that none of them are even canon as alternate timelines
Edit: I wrote this before reading your video game post, lol, we are in synch

I am also going to check the video games, even if DJW said that none of them are even canon as alternate timelines
DJW was a little weird, sometimes was reliable, sometimes not. Like when you play the 2 omniverse games and the alien force game, you have a feeling that you are playing a canon game and even so, Gorvan has to appear somewhere since Ben, Gwen and Kevin recognize him. And in Omniverse 2 Ben unlocks Bullfrag, also Vilgax attack is a canonical alternate timeline thanks to Ultimate Alien. Sooooooooooooooo....

By the way, something interesting that I thought as a kid:

Since as a kid didn't know about canon and non-canon stuff, I played Protector of the Earth and was wondering when did it fit with the tv show. Since Vilgax gets out of the Void in the game but Ben returns him there at the end, couldn't it be that it is set betwen when Ben put him in the Void in the episode when Vilgax and Kevin made an aliance and the movie? Because in the movie he mentions that Ben left him trapped in the void, but that makes it perfect to fit the game, since he could either be referring to the first or the second time Ben left him there, depending of if the game is canon or not.

Again, more than 10 years since I finished it, so, no idea if there are more things that are non-canon about it

By the way, something interesting that I thought as a kid:

Since as a kid didn't know about canon and non-canon stuff, I played Protector of the Earth and was wondering when did it fit with the tv show. Since Vilgax gets out of the Void in the game but Ben returns him there at the end, couldn't it be that it is set betwen when Ben put him in the Void in the episode when Vilgax and Kevin made an aliance and the movie? Because in the movie he mentions that Ben left him trapped in the void, but that makes it perfect to fit the game, since he could either be referring to the first or the second time Ben left him there, depending of if the game is canon or not.

Again, more than 10 years since I finished it, so, no idea if there are more things that are non-canon about it
All the villain design are from their future timeline, but I can close an Eye if we can make the majority of the games Canon, some of them are really Good.

Anyway there was someone on reddit that made and order on when to play the games in connection with the show. I Will link It to you, but i didn't follow It, so I don't know if It Is reliable.

okay, re-making this one more time:

1) Ben 10: Hyperscan = Canon (adaptation of First Season)
2) Ben 10: Protector of Earth = Not-Canon (set between 03X13 and 04X01)
3) Ben 10: Alien Force = Canon (set Between 01X16-01X17) [Canon thanks to Gorvan appearing in Omniverse)
4) Ben 10: Alien Force: Vilgax Attack = Not-Canon (set Between 03X16 and 03X17)
5) Ben 10: Alien Force: The Rise of Hex = I Don't Know
6) Ben 10: Ultimate Alien: Cosmic Destruction = Not-Canon (set Between 03X21 and 03X22)
7) Ben 10: Galactic Racing = Not-Canon (you can see why)
8) Ben 10: Omniverse = Canon (set Between 03X05 and 03X06)
9) Ben 10: Omniverse 2 = Canon (takes place between 03X09-03X10)

Tomorrow I Will do the novels and After 4.000.000 years the comics.

All the villain design are from their future timeline, but I can close an Eye if we can make the majority of the games Canon, some of them are really Good.
I think i have read in the wiki that Dr. Animo does in fact only resemble his future timeline counterpart. In the future, he is a head in a gorilla body. In the game he is a regular human in a mechanical gorilla suit. No idea about other characters with future designs,

I think i have read in the wiki that Dr. Animo does in fact only resemble his future timeline counterpart. In the future, he is a head in a gorilla body. In the game he is a regular human in a mechanical gorilla suit. No idea about other characters with future designs,
Vilgax Is in his future appereance.

There was a short IDW comic or something, right?
That would be and alternate universe
The short IDW comics can be an alternate universe or work as a code for the original timeline. (If you ignote the absence of Kevin's Scar).

Latest posts

Back