Bendis....How did you ruin Deadpool?!

comic_geek21

I liked the arc as a whole. I also enjoyed the character of Ultimate Deadpool, as it was unnerving to see such hatred come out of one person. Ultimate Deadpool was ok, but therein lies the problem.....

IT WASN'T DEADPOOL!!

The only thing that Ultimate and 616 Deadpool had in common was the name, and the kickass costume. (Yes, I liked the cuffs, thank you very much) Deadpool has always been one of my favorite characters. Why? Because he's a lunatic that'll stab you in the face, then start doing the electric slide while humming the theme to Gilligan's Island. THAT's why I love Deadpool!

This Ultimate version of Deadpool isn't a funny lunatic with a sick sense of humor. He's a sadistic ***hole with a dry sense of humor. And despite what other's say, I did see the Vince Vaughn humor. And guess what? I don't find Vince Vaughn funny. Yes, Ultimate Deadpool did have a legitamately funny one-liner or two, but that's about frickin it. Bendis basically took 'The Merc with a Mouth', and took away the mouth. That sucks.

I am a Bendis loyalist, I'm not shy to admit it. I love Bendis to death, regardless of what others say, I think he's one of the best comic writers today. Which is why I'm so mad, because he could've done better. He took arguably one of the funniest, coolest anti-heroes in 616 and made him a sadist, watered down villain that resorts to a Charlie Brown gag for humor. CHARLIE FRICKIN BROWN??!!! Seriously, I coulda kicked Bendis in the nuts for that "Lucy with the football." line, God help me!

Bottom line: Bendis has taken an extremely popular 616 character, a character that I've loved forever, and trashed him in a wasted craptastic Ultimization. Just like he did with Carnage, just like he did with Silver Sable. What the hell happened Bendis? How could you let me down like this? Me, one of your biggest supporters? Either way, I'm still sticking with USM, it's still my favorite Ultimate title. But Bendis has lost a considerable amount of my respect today.

On a final note, I'm giving you one more chance Bendis. If you screw up Ultimate Scorpion, you will lose me as a reader.Period.

Ice said:
"Mix of Vince Vaughn humor" my ***.

:roll:

Yeah - what the heck was that all about?

E said:
Yeah - what the heck was that all about?

That was basically Bendis blowing smoke up everyone's rear. Deadpool wasn't funny, and that is SO not Deadpool. And this sucks, because I love Bendis. But he really let me down here.

Damn you Bendis. Bamn you for ruining Deadpool.:x

comic_geek21 said:
I liked the arc as a whole. I also enjoyed the character of Ultimate Deadpool, as it was unnerving to see such hatred come out of one person. Ultimate Deadpool was ok, but therein lies the problem.....

IT WASN'T DEADPOOL!!

The only thing that Ultimate and 616 Deadpool had in common was the name, and the kickass costume. (Yes, I liked the cuffs, thank you very much) Deadpool has always been one of my favorite characters. Why? Because he's a lunatic that'll stab you in the face, then start doing the electric slide while humming the theme to Gilligan's Island. THAT's why I love Deadpool!

This Ultimate version of Deadpool isn't a funny lunatic with a sick sense of humor. He's a sadistic ***hole with a dry sense of humor. And despite what other's say, I did see the Vince Vaughn humor. And guess what? I don't find Vince Vaughn funny. Yes, Ultimate Deadpool did have a legitamately funny one-liner or two, but that's about frickin it. Bendis basically took 'The Merc with a Mouth', and took away the mouth. That sucks.

I am a Bendis loyalist, I'm not shy to admit it. I love Bendis to death, regardless of what others say, I think he's one of the best comic writers today. Which is why I'm so mad, because he could've done better. He took arguably one of the funniest, coolest anti-heroes in 616 and made him a sadist, watered down villain that resorts to a Charlie Brown gag for humor. CHARLIE FRICKIN BROWN??!!! Seriously, I coulda kicked Bendis in the nuts for that "Lucy with the football." line, God help me!

Bottom line: Bendis has taken an extremely popular 616 character, a character that I've loved forever, and trashed him in a wasted craptastic Ultimization. Just like he did with Carnage, just like he did with Silver Sable. What the hell happened Bendis? How could you let me down like this? Me, one of your biggest supporters? Either way, I'm still sticking with USM, it's still my favorite Ultimate title. But Bendis has lost a considerable amount of my respect today.

On a final note, I'm giving you one more chance Bendis. If you screw up Ultimate Scorpion, you will lose me as a reader.Period.

...The ****??!!?!?! I was gonna make a poll about this!!!! (I mean Moderators please insert a poll... "How did Bendis do Ultimizing Ultimate Deadpool" with the star format.) Thanks :twisted:

roguefan said:
If you want regualr Deadpool - read 616. Easy as that.

Some people don't like 616 Deadpool. They shouldn't have to choose between that, and Ultimate crap.

TheManWithoutFear said:
...The ****??!!?!?! I was gonna make a poll about this!!!! (I mean Moderators please insert a poll... "How did Bendis do Ultimizing Ultimate Deadpool" with the star format.) Thanks :twisted:

Hey, you did post this before you posted the thread with the actual poll. :?

ProjectX2 said:
Some people don't like 616 Deadpool. They shouldn't have to choose between that, and Ultimate crap.

If they don't like 616 Deadpool, surely they won't mind that Ultimate Deadpool isn't identical to him?

Nick MB said:
If they don't like 616 Deadpool, surely they won't mind that Ultimate Deadpool isn't identical to him?

Depends. I don't care for 616 Deadpool, but I recognize that the Ultimate version is a complete and total departure from the original and is therefore a very poorly done Ultimization (in my most humble of opinions, of course).

That bugs me. He could have taken a character that I think is stupid and changed my mind about it, but he failed.

E said:
Depends. I don't care for 616 Deadpool, but I recognize that the Ultimate version is a complete and total departure from the original and is therefore a very poorly done Ultimization (in my most humble of opinions, of course).

Ultimate Gwen Stacy resembles the original only in name and hair colour, and she's widely seen as one of the more successful Ultimizations...

I wouldn't mind reading this. I love Deadpool and I hate Bendis. I'm curious to see how violently ill it might make me. :wink:

Why is it, that every time Bendis ultimizes a character, to many people it seems to be either too similar to the original or too different?

Because Benids can't hit the mark? I dunno.

No one complained about Longshot or Mojo in UXM.

I think it's not really that Bendis is too similar/different, it's just that it's too bad? I dunno. I'm horrifically biased here. I shouldn't be in this thread.

*disappears*

Bendis didn't ruin Deadpool. He Ultimitized him, which, last I checked, didn't mean "make an exact copy of him". If you're mad at that, does that give me the right to whine on and on about how Gus Beezer wasn't Peter's young nephew who could have little one-shot kiddie adventures?

ultimatedjf said:
Bendis didn't ruin Deadpool. He Ultimitized him, which, last I checked, didn't mean "make an exact copy of him". If you're mad at that, does that give me the right to whine on and on about how Gus Beezer wasn't Peter's young nephew who could have little one-shot kiddie adventures?
It's all matters of opinion, so even if for you Deadpool's character wasn't ruined, it was for others.

Ice said:
It's all matters of opinion, so even if for you Deadpool's character wasn't ruined, it was for others.

I know. Hey, at least this arc made me want to read him as his 616 counterpart. I'm gonna try to find some Cable/Deadpool Tpbs, so that's not a bad thing at all, right?

ultimatedjf said:
I know. Hey, at least this arc made me want to read him as his 616 counterpart. I'm gonna try to find some Cable/Deadpool Tpbs, so that's not a bad thing at all, right?
Not at all. 616 is better than this one, IMO. Way better. There's actually humor in his character, even if it's not "Vince Vaughn" humor.

Ice said:
Not at all. 616 is better than this one, IMO. Way better. There's actually humor in his character, even if it's not "Vince Vaughn" humor.

Yeah, ever since I saw that Rhino keychain, I've been looking for the tpbs. :D

Latest posts

Back