Bendis....How did you ruin Deadpool?!

I was amazed neither Spidey nor Deadpool pointed out the similarity in their costumes.

Here's five other ways to do an Ultimate Deadpool off the top of my head.

1 Deadpool starts a bidding war between Kingpin and the other mob bosses, over Spider-Man. He's got a rep so he says he'll catch Spider-Man and deliver him to the highest bidder. He then blows up Midtown High - to narrow the list of suspects. But why is Deadpool going after Spidey? Because Deadpool doesn't like the idea of Spidey stealing his style...

2 Deadpool, for seemingly no reason, comes after Spider-Man. He hunts him down like an animal. Spidey keeps trying to run and hide, but to no avail. He finally snaps and gives Deadpool a fight, but he ultimately loses. Deadpool, a gun to Spidey's head and pulls the trigger - nothing. Spidey asks what the hell is going on. Deadpool says this has all been a test. He likes Spidey's style, and offers him a job as his protege...

3 Or, another reason why Deadpool would be hunting Spidey - Deadpool is successful because no one's ever heard of him, yet Spidey is remarkably similar to him. Thinking Spidey has compromised his identity, or that he's linked to Spidey in some way, he hunts him down for answers.

4 Deadpool, the villainous equivalent of James Bond/ Ethan Hunt, has gone missing, and Spidey gets caught up in an criminal underworld war between mercenaries as he's mistaken for Deadpool. His adversaries tell him it's easy to prove he's not Deadpool. All he has to do is remove his mask...

5 Deadpool runs a kind of hired-killer-gambling business. The idea is this - a target is picked, and people bet on how long it will take for Deadpool to kill him; and in what fashion the victim will be left in. It's huge money for the criminal underground. And it's entertaining, because Deadpool's funny and he films the whole thing live. The target of this year's 'deadpool'? Spidey, of course.

None of them need the X-Men, but I don't think any are that good. I don't like the concept of making Spidey the target of an international mercenary. I just don't think it's appropriate when you consider that his alter-ego is Peter Parker. One can't do the whole, "Oh no, I'm going to miss my date with MJ!" shtick if Spidey's hobnobbing with globe-trotting war criminals. That said, if you take way the international mercenary angle, it's not Deadpool.

Last edited:
Bass said:
I was amazed neither Spidey nor Deadpool pointed out the similarity in their costumes.

Here's five other ways to do an Ultimate Deadpool off the top of my head.

1 Deadpool starts a bidding war between Kingpin and the other mob bosses, over Spider-Man. He's got a rep so he says he'll catch Spider-Man and deliver him to the highest bidder. He then blows up Midtown High - to narrow the list of suspects. But why is Deadpool going after Spidey? Because Deadpool doesn't like the idea of Spidey stealing his style...

2 Deadpool, for seemingly no reason, comes after Spider-Man. He hunts him down like an animal. Spidey keeps trying to run and hide, but to no avail. He finally snaps and gives Deadpool a fight, but he ultimately loses. Deadpool, a gun to Spidey's head and pulls the trigger - nothing. Spidey asks what the hell is going on. Deadpool says this has all been a test. He likes Spidey's style, and offers him a job as his protege...

3 Or, another reason why Deadpool would be hunting Spidey - Deadpool is successful because no one's ever heard of him, yet Spidey is remarkably similar to him. Thinking Spidey has compromised his identity, or that he's linked to Spidey in some way, he hunts him down for answers.

4 Deadpool, the villainous equivalent of James Bond/ Ethan Hunt, has gone missing, and Spidey gets caught up in an criminal underworld war between mercenaries as he's mistaken for Deadpool. His adversaries tell him it's easy to prove he's not Deadpool. All he has to do is remove his mask...

5 Deadpool runs a kind of hired-killer-gambling business. The idea is this - a target is picked, and people bet on how long it will take for Deadpool to kill him; and in what fashion the victim will be left in. It's huge money for the criminal underground. And it's entertaining, because Deadpool's funny and he films the whole thing live. The target of this year's 'deadpool'? Spidey, of course.

None of them need the X-Men, but I don't think any are that good. I don't like the concept of making Spidey the target of an international mercenary. I just don't think it's appropriate when you consider that his alter-ego is Peter Parker. One can't do the whole, "Oh no, I'm going to miss my date with MJ!" shtick if Spidey's hobnobbing with globe-trotting war criminals. That said, if you take way the international mercenary angle, it's not Deadpool.

I like the first and second one. More so the second...

I like 2 and 5. But all of them are better than Bendis' plot. Good job Bass.

MaxwellSmart said:
I'm sure that was the purpose of the helmet. What I'm saying is it wouldn't help him with the problems associated with not having skin on your head.

Point taken. I agree.

Ice said:
I'm not trying to say anything, easy there. Just saying "Okay" and will now walk away slowly and than run for my life. :)

Hey, I don't blame you. Ain't nothing more terrifying than an angered comic geek.:wink:

But seriously, I was just really angry. I think I'm better though.

*remembers "Lucy with the football" line*

RAAAGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! DAMN YOU BENDIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I.. I have strangely mixed feelings about Ultimate Deadpool. I don't even know how to really convey them into a sentence. I really like him, but I really don't like him. He's a unique twist to 616 Deadpool, but he's not that Deadpool that I idolize... hell, semi-worship. I... I'm gonna have to come back here once I sort out my thoughts.

Ultimate Deadpool said:
he's not that Deadpool that I idolize... hell, semi-worship. I... I'm gonna have to come back here once I sort out my thoughts.

I think I just figured out why you can't find a girlfriend.

/buzzkill

Ultimate Deadpool said:
I.. I have strangely mixed feelings about Ultimate Deadpool. I don't even know how to really convey them into a sentence. I really like him, but I really don't like him. He's a unique twist to 616 Deadpool, but he's not that Deadpool that I idolize... hell, semi-worship. I... I'm gonna have to come back here once I sort out my thoughts.

That is exactlly how I feel about Ultimate venom. I like him. He's cool. Nice twist but it's not MY venom. The 616 one was much better IMO. I love every other ultimate charracter I've seen them do better than their 616 other half. But when it comes to venom it's just because I like him sooooo much that the new one fails in comparrison with him.

I agree, SJMole. Venom's the only other Ultimate character that I'm conflicted with when compared to the 616 Venom.

Anyway, I've been thinking about Ultimate Deadpool, and I see the similarities, but differences. The similarities are what make him "Deadpool", but the differences are what makes it the "Ultimate" universe. So I respect that. And this is still the first appearance of Deadpool in the Ultimate universe, which he didn't exactly get a whole lot of time to himself. There's alot to flesh out with his character, just like with Ultimate Venom.

E said:
I think I just figured out why you can't find a girlfriend.

/buzzkill

You, sir, have issues... and too much time on your hands to mock poor ol' me. But, mostly issues.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back