Bendis: "I smell an Ultimate Deadpool comin’"

icemastertron said:
Actaully, some DP fans over on another site don't like this idea. Some not too much, others not at all.

Well, I'm torn to be honest.

I'm not partial towards any particular way because I don't know the character, and, don't get me wrong I would love to see the character, but I don't really think it's that great an idea when there are so many other new characters showing up at one time. We should wait, especially if Deadpool is a character that needs to be treated a certain way...

Goodwill said:
Well, I'm torn to be honest.

I'm not partial towards any particular way because I don't know the character, and, don't get me wrong I would love to see the character, but I don't really think it's that great an idea when there are so many other new characters showing up at one time. We should wait, especially if Deadpool is a character that needs to be treated a certain way...

I agree with the overload on ultimizations. I love them and all but there's a lot going on at this point and time. That's why I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Deadpool Mini. Which would be different than just the guest appearances that have been tossed around in the various titles.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I agree with the overload on ultimizations. I love them and all but there's a lot going on at this point and time. That's why I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Deadpool Mini. Which would be different than just the guest appearances that have been tossed around in the various titles.

This is agreeable, but I doubt it would get all that much attention. What with Secret in circulation and Iron Man taking strides to come out, I don't think that Deadpool would really make an impression, even on the fans that are longing for him.

Goodwill said:
This is agreeable, but I doubt it would get all that much attention. What with Secret in circulation and Iron Man taking strides to come out, I don't think that Deadpool would really make an impression, even on the fans that are longing for him.

Someone on ManWithoutFear.com was talking about "Market Research" saying they don't like to put their ideas on the internet because they could be pirated by writers or people hired by companies to search for good ideas off of the net and other resources. Now I find this interesting because what if Marvel hires someone too look for what fans want the most. Clearly if you go to any comic site and look for the "Who do you want ultimized next" thread you will see Deadpool on the top of every single list out there. That's the only reason I think it would get that much attention. The people want it.

The problem with Deadpool is that they have the character perfect in the MU.Any change to that formula would screw up the character so it'd be a direct translation i.e. Daredevil

Patriot said:
The problem with Deadpool is that they have the character perfect in the MU.Any change to that formula would screw up the character so it'd be a direct translation i.e. Daredevil

How do I say this without saying Deadpool is not perfect. He really is perfect. Action/Comedy like it should be done. I would like to see him be alittle darker though, maybe someone could pull that off.

Also let's think about who we have on this project, Bendis. He's never even tackled Deadpool before. This worries me and I get the impression we may just be getting an older USM from around the time of the "Learning Curve".

TheManWithoutFear said:
I would like to see him be alittle darker though, maybe someone could pull that off.
I would too but then where would he fit in to UU? Ultimates is about as dark as it gets and UXM has its moments but USM really is too kiddy-friendly for Deadpool in my mind.

Caduceus said:
I would too but then where would he fit in to UU? Ultimates is about as dark as it gets and UXM has its moments but USM really is too kiddy-friendly for Deadpool in my mind.

Agreed. If we're gettin' an Ultimate Deadpool I want to see a solid parental discretion warning on it. I really hope it's gonna be a mini. It's so out of left field, I know, but it would be so cool and then we could get Ultimate Taskmaster, Ultimate Agent-X, and all those other Deadpool characters that I'm not familiar with. I get the impression that when asked the question Bendis wasn't talking about guest apperances but more of a central character that the story will revolve around... I think it'll be a mini.

Patriot said:

Yeah, well, if that's the case, keep him there. That's what should've been done to DD, as Patriot said. Vaughan said that the stories most deserving to do are the ones that aren't successful so you can improve upon them. I think the same should go for characters, too, especially Deadpool.

All right, has anyone hear read the Deadpool comics before Cable/Deadpool. I haven't and trying to read the bio in OHTMU: Wolverine 2004 gives me a headache. I find his past way too messed up and I'd like to see it straightened out. It's not so much the character I want changed as the history.

When I argue about Daredevil it's a completely different argument in fact I'd say Deadpool has a better chance and more grounds for an ultimization.

TheManWithoutFear said:
When I argue about Daredevil it's a completely different argument in fact I'd say Deadpool has a better chance and more grounds for an ultimization.

Those grounds being you're a bigger fan of him?About UIM I meant at one of the cons last year somebody asked him what Andy Kuberts next big project was and he said UIM.That was the first anyone had heard of the project

Big DP fan

Hey guys, my first post! I'm usually content just reading about what you guys have to say about the ultimate universe but when i read that Deadpool might be ultimatized i just had to post. Big fan of him in the 616 universe, i have the entire series, pre-cable pre-agent x. Personally i agree w/some of the other posts, the timings not right: what with UIM and the Ultimate Extinction series making such big waves, it's be sad to see deadpool lost in the mix as just another guest appearance. Also, his character background is pretty complicated, and so a mini-series would probably be necessary to do this character justice

airjavier31 said:
Hey guys, my first post! I'm usually content just reading about what you guys have to say about the ultimate universe but when i read that Deadpool might be ultimatized i just had to post. Big fan of him in the 616 universe, i have the entire series, pre-cable pre-agent x. Personally i agree w/some of the other posts, the timings not right: what with UIM and the Ultimate Extinction series making such big waves, it's be sad to see deadpool lost in the mix as just another guest appearance. Also, his character background is pretty complicated, and so a mini-series would probably be necessary to do this character justice

#1 Awesome that you've finally posted... I've seen your name floating on the member list for awhile.

#2 You know of Deadpool before the Cable/Deadpool series. You must be very wise and should share with us your experience.

#3 I agree about the mini and Deadpool's history. I think this is where they'll take the character and they will do him justice.

#4 Don't worry about Ultimate Extinction and the other Ultimizations. I think all of that has been layed out and Ultimate Deadpool won't come till later. So it won't be sharing the spotlight with other ultimizations.

#5 Big Welcome to the boards. :twisted:

Latest posts

Back