Bendis Marking his Territory?

jeremiahvedder said:
That's it. That's absolutely it.

Connors f's with Reilly's DNA and turns him into Peter at a genetic level.

Whaaa? No. Rielly was hired after he disappeared by a "mysterious" benefactor and created an army of supersoldiers based off of Peters DNA. The kicker is Doctor Connors knows a super secret too. Chaos ensues and Connors and Peter work through the heavy **** and stop Rielly and the clone army. Unfortunately Connor's secret isn't revealed because he Lizard's out and is killed.

Goodwill said:
Good guess. A failed clone of Peter's father. :) I thought the idea of Carnage was good up until that twist, actually.

I think they should just bring Connors back. I think that would make the title all the more interesting again. That was actually my favorite part about the Carnage arc. Bendis created and destroyed both of his best creations in the Carnage arc - Connors and Gwen. In my honest opinion, those were the two characters that really made the title interesting for me. They're both gone... For now. :twisted:

I forget where but Bendis did say Conners will be back. It might have been in one of his news letters. But he's not done with him yet. Whether or not he involved in the Clone Saga we'll just have to wait and see. I do agree that killing off Gwen has hurt the book a little. But like Bendis said; "It was important course". It's something that will hunt Peter for the rest of his life. It's was one of the things that drove Peter to break up with Mary Jane and hooked up Peter with Kitty. Without Gwen's death Peter would probably still be with MJ.

Bass said:
that Venom and Carnage were ****e

While I agree with what you are saying, he's not that far off with that one.

I think Venom is a superb Spidey villain. Or at least, he was. He was so good, they gave him a mini.

Ever since that first mini, "Lethal Protector", he, and every villain spawned from him has been unadultered plop.

They've given him more than one mini. LETHAL PROTECTOR, TOOTH & CLAW (with Wolverine), VENOM & CARNAGE, there were a few others but I forgot. And don't forget the really cool VENOM ongoing they cancelled about a year ago.

jeremiahvedder said:
They've given him more than one mini. LETHAL PROTECTOR, TOOTH & CLAW (with Wolverine), VENOM & CARNAGE, there were a few others but I forgot. And don't forget the really cool VENOM ongoing they cancelled about a year ago.
Which was volume 2.

I have volume 1 #1 with the shiny cover.

I hope in the clone saga we get Man-Spider

I never saw him in 616 comics as I've missed aload but i loved him in the 90s cartoon.

Back