Bendis talks steps on planning Ultimate Clone Saga in Wizard Magazine.

I know gwen has blond hair. But I'm saying it could be gwen anyway. Like some kind of clone/peter/carnage situation. Maybe. I don't know.

Synch said:
I know gwen has blond hair. But I'm saying it could be gwen anyway. Like some kind of clone/peter/carnage situation. Maybe. I don't know.

I'm still not seeing the connection here. When was Gwen's blood take? I have every Ultimate issue and I don't recall anyone stealing, or ever taking Gwen's blood. In the original Spider-Man comics, Dr. Warren was Peter and Gwen's ex-College Professor and Warren was obsessed with Gwen. I'm just not seeing this happening. I don't think it's a genetically altered Gwen clone.

Ultimate Houde said:
My money is on Drew

With genetic manipulation via either Peter's stolen blood sample (by Doc Ock) or the stolen DNA sample (Carnage).

Yup.

E said:
With genetic manipulation via either Peter's stolen blood sample (by Doc Ock) or the stolen DNA sample (Carnage).

Yup.

And my opinion is backed by the fact I'm an evil scientist.

A horrible evil scientist evidently, but an evil scientist anyways.

carnage was never destroyed....it somehow did manage to survive somehow...and thats all they needed, and gwens dna might have been the most
'powerful' or most 'pure' sample recovered, thereby mixed with her hatred for spider man we have 'it' and all of this was done and masterminded by Eddie.

nigma said:
carnage was never destroyed....it somehow did manage to survive somehow...and thats all they needed, and gwens dna might have been the most
'powerful' or most 'pure' sample recovered, thereby mixed with her hatred for spider man we have 'it' and all of this was done and masterminded by Eddie.
Yeah, except for Bendis' repeated ranting about how Gwen is DEAD. Not coming back. Uberdead. Superduperdead. GONE! NO MORE GWENS!

jtg3885 said:
Yeah, except for Bendis' repeated ranting about how Gwen is DEAD. Not coming back. Uberdead. Superduperdead. GONE! NO MORE GWENS!

she is dead, its just her dna that was left in carnage :wink:

bendis: see i never brought her back to life, i just used her dna that was already stolen from her to begin with. like i said, shes deader than dead, but carnage isn't.

Last edited:
nigma said:
she is dead, its just her dna that was left in carnage :wink:

bendis: see i never brought her back to life, i just used her dna that was already stolen from her to begin with. like i said, shes deader than dead, but carnage isn't.
Yes, and you're also mistakenly assuming that the original Carnage creature survive and that any of Gwen's DNA survived after it stabilized its DNA matrix and assumed the appearance of Richard Parker. The former which has never been proven (all we see is Ben Reilly stealing stuff), which makes the latter quite irrelevant.

If we'd like to discuss ideas that have a chance of happening, I'd lean towards Drew but I'm wondering if it'll be basically a she-Peter named Jessica Drew. After all, this is the Clone Saga. There have to be clones. I'm guessing that Bendis is going to assume that the clones would have some sort of biological memory, and the person Peter finds at the house is the she-clone on the cover... which is quite stupid, but Bendis has already shown himself to be inept at science stories.

Last edited:
Ultimate Quicksilver said:
"So you are a clone?"
"Yeah, I'm a clone"
"You are... You are my clone?"
"Yeah, that's pretty much it"
"OY!!"
You forgot the part where he freaks out cuz the clone has girl parts instead of boy parts.

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
"So you are a clone?"
"Yeah, I'm a clone"
"You are... You are my clone?"
"Yeah, that's pretty much it"
"OY!!"

How about...

"So you - you are a clone?"
"Yeah, I'm a clone"
"You - wait a minute - you are... You are my clone?"
"I - well, I - yeah, that's pretty much it"
"OY!! Just what my tuchas needs!"

E said:
How about...

"So you - you are a clone?"
"Yeah, I'm a clone"
"You - wait a minute - you are... You are my clone?"
"I - well, I - yeah, that's pretty much it"
"OY!! Just what my tuchas needs!"

I wanna play!

"So, um, you're a clone?"
"Maybe your the clone."
"Really? No way?"
"Way."
"Are you Jewish?"
"Yup"
"So that explains why I say those things sometimes..."

jtg3885 said:
Yes, and you're also mistakenly assuming that the original Carnage creature survive and that any of Gwen's DNA survived after it stabilized its DNA matrix and assumed the appearance of Richard Parker. The former which has never been proven (all we see is Ben Reilly stealing stuff), which makes the latter quite irrelevant.

if I had read this BEFORE i came to school today I would have done this. But some of them were for klenexx, tooth paste, bleach

yes that is if the creature survives, but i have to give all the gwens fans out there some hope....either that or blame it on ben's white girlfriend (Jessica drew fans) :wink: isn't he meant to get a surprise at his old home?

: Who kidnapped Mary Jane and what does he/she want?
Who does Spider-Man struggle against in the old warehouse where he fought his first battle?
Who is waiting for him in the house in Queens he and his Aunt May abandoned recently?

and after it used the DNA to stabilize itself in the form of Richard Parker it still had memories of peter even if they were choppy and broken, and it could also have absorbed the memories of the other countless individuals, but gwen was also the last one that it 'sucked up'.

and i don't think there going to be clones of peter, but rather.....eddie? he wanted company.

Hellsbuttmonkey said:
When she died she didn't have a hatred of Spiderman...she had cleared that up with Peter
Pssst! You're supposed to ignore stuff like that when coming up with illogical theories.

Seriously, it's a clone girl with powers. The only way that'd happen is if they X-23'd Peter. If they could extract the process and stick it into others, don't you think they'd be doing it to people with more training and importance than the clone of a mentally-disturbed teenager?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back