Bendis' USM: Clone Saga (Speculation)

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
So everyone's talkin' about it. Here's what I think. At first I thought "****" then I realized something that some of us are still not thinking about. This is not and will not be anything like the Clone Saga of 616. We're not going to get a cloned Spider-Man and have a big confusing mess. What we're going to get at most is more symbiotes and possibly a cloned Gwen Stacey. (I only say that because of what Bendis or Joe Q or whoever said it, said. )

Anyway that's just my take but you kids can go wild and speculate all you want now.

I think J Jonah Jameson is going to clone himself in an effort to take Spiderman out of the picture, but due to a radioactive leak in his Clone-O-Meter, the clone becomes none other than Ultimate Spidercide. Meanwhile, on the other side of town, mild mannered Proffessor Miles is bitten by a radioactive jackal, and transforms into......... The Lesser Spotted Hyena! A mindless, slavering Spidercide tracks down a confused Nick Fury, believing him to be his father, and then joins with him to create Ultimate Toxin. The Lesser Spotted Hyena runs into Toxin, and the two fight to the death over Nick Fury's supple body, when the battle is interrupted by none other than Spiderman. Amid the vicious battle, Toxin and the Lesser Spotted Hyena implode into eachother, creating the Beyonder, and he flies off to play chess with Gah Lak Tus. However, Nick Fury is left brutally injured after a passing pigeon flies into his head, and in his dying breaths, reveals his undying love for Peter. Peter cradles the dying Fury, and in his last moments, Fury hands Peter his eyepatch.

Epilogue: Nick Fury's funeral. Captain American is bawling like a baby, and Peter reads a eulogy, dressed in his black costume. Meanwhile, across town, a suspicious looking pigeon perches in his coop on a rooftop. He emits a low chuckle, and rips off his pigeon mask, to reveal none other than....... Ultimate Chameleon!

TheManWithoutFear said:
So everyone's talkin' about it. Here's what I think. At first I thought "****" then I realized something that some of us are still not thinking about. This is not and will not be anything like the Clone Saga of 616. We're not going to get a cloned Spider-Man and have a big confusing mess. What we're going to get at most is more symbiotes and possibly a cloned Gwen Stacey. (I only say that because of what Bendis or Joe Q or whoever said it, said. )

Anyway that's just my take but you kids can go wild and speculate all you want now.
The biggest problem with the 616 clone saga is tha editors forced it to keep going long, LONG after the writers wanted to finish it. THe concept, the clone fo spiderman wasn't really destroyed and has returned isn't a bad one. I even loved the Scarlet Spider's makesift hoodie of a costume. I think that the Ultimate Clone Saga will be more along the lines of Peter's DNA being used by Ben Reily to give him Spider-Powers, with him taking on a Super-Persona of The Scarlett Spider. Not so much a clone as it will be the "Imposter" storyline done properly.

As for Gwen, maybe she'll be used to make the first proper clone instead of a genetic shifting?

Baxter said:
The biggest problem with the 616 clone saga is tha editors forced it to keep going long, LONG after the writers wanted to finish it. THe concept, the clone fo spiderman wasn't really destroyed and has returned isn't a bad one. I even loved the Scarlet Spider's makesift hoodie of a costume. I think that the Ultimate Clone Saga will be more along the lines of Peter's DNA being used by Ben Reily to give him Spider-Powers, with him taking on a Super-Persona of The Scarlett Spider. Not so much a clone as it will be the "Imposter" storyline done properly.

As for Gwen, maybe she'll be used to make the first proper clone instead of a genetic shifting?

Good points Baxter.

Fuzzy Birds said:
I think J Jonah Jameson is going to clone himself in an effort to take Spiderman out of the picture, but due to a radioactive leak in his Clone-O-Meter, the clone becomes none other than Ultimate Spidercide. Meanwhile, on the other side of town, mild mannered Proffessor Miles is bitten by a radioactive jackal, and transforms into......... The Lesser Spotted Hyena! A mindless, slavering Spidercide tracks down a confused Nick Fury, believing him to be his father, and then joins with him to create Ultimate Toxin. The Lesser Spotted Hyena runs into Toxin, and the two fight to the death over Nick Fury's supple body, when the battle is interrupted by none other than Spiderman. Amid the vicious battle, Toxin and the Lesser Spotted Hyena implode into eachother, creating the Beyonder, and he flies off to play chess with Gah Lak Tus. However, Nick Fury is left brutally injured after a passing pigeon flies into his head, and in his dying breaths, reveals his undying love for Peter. Peter cradles the dying Fury, and in his last moments, Fury hands Peter his eyepatch.

Epilogue: Nick Fury's funeral. Captain American is bawling like a baby, and Peter reads a eulogy, dressed in his black costume. Meanwhile, across town, a suspicious looking pigeon perches in his coop on a rooftop. He emits a low chuckle, and rips off his pigeon mask, to reveal none other than....... Ultimate Chameleon!

But I like this idea better. Genius!! Its brilliant to the 616th power!!

There Will Be No Clone Saga!

Look, Bedis already stated in the questionforum in the back of some of the issues, that he did not like the clone saga and will not create one. He purposefully named Doc Conner's lab assisstant Ben Rielly to let us all know, THERE WILL BE NO CLONE SAGA! :D

Uh, he said that he is doing one in issues #101-104.

Hawkeye101 said:
Look, Bedis already stated in the questionforum in the back of some of the issues, that he did not like the clone saga and will not create one. He purposefully named Doc Conner's lab assisstant Ben Rielly to let us all know, THERE WILL BE NO CLONE SAGA! :D

What Proj said:

ProjectX2 said:
Uh, he said that he is doing one in issues #101-104.

At the time the Carnage arc came out he probably didnt plan to do the clone saga, but think about it. That was over 20 issues ago, which is about a year and a half, so it would appear he changed his mind sometime between then and now, because there WILL be and Ultimate Clone Saga. And perhaps Bendis didn't like the 616 version, all the more reason to write his own. Either way, its happening, get used to it.

Hawkeye101 said:
And look... the reason I started this thread. No one liked the clone saga this is pretty much the reason we have the Ultimate Universe. He's not doing "THE CLONE SAGA" He's doing "A" Clone Saga. It will be different and minimal and it will be good.

I think it will be Nick Fury that will make clones of Peter to help him in his genetic superhuman race.

mutantfreak said:
I think it will be Nick Fury that will make clones of Peter to help him in his genetic superhuman race.

This is interesting. SHIELD makes clones of Peter to figure out how to zap away his powers like Fury requested and one of them escapes.....

Hawkeye101 said:

Ya! But Bendis also Said that he would not do Venom and Carnage a while ago. And we all know how that turned out.

Hawkeye101 said:
*Taps shoulder*

*Points to thread* Thread

Hawkeye101 said:
Reilly has Peter's DNA, how could it have been avoided. Bendis must have thought about this at the end of the Carnage arc, why else would they have those final few pages.

i am all for a ultimate clone saga the 616 version would have been great but the real problem was that the wrighters intended for ben rielly to be the real peter parker which was obviously a gay idea. They tried it for a wile but people got really pissed that the peter we all know was a fake. this will be good as long as our peter remains the real peter the whole way through

TheManWithoutFear said:
And look... the reason I started this thread. No one liked the clone saga this is pretty much the reason we have the Ultimate Universe. He's not doing "THE CLONE SAGA" He's doing "A" Clone Saga. It will be different and minimal and it will be good.
I liked the Clone Saga.

I did.

Untill the editors wouldn't let it end. I'm going tos ee if I can't find the 36 part article on it that explains EVERYTHING that went wrong...

EDIT: Whoops, it was only 35 parts. Can be found HERE

Well, I think it's safe to say we can't base the Ultimate Clone "Saga" off of the 616. It's obvious that in the UU, the Clone stuff has not created other Peter's, but the symbiotes. I think we should think about Venom, Carnage, and Peter's blood sample. I don't expect the Green Goblin to be pulling any strings, nor do I believe the Jackal will have a hand in any of this. I would like to see some more on Trask vying for Venom... I don't know, I don't expect it to be as hairy as 616.

Baxter said:
I liked the Clone Saga.

I did.

The concept was interesting, and parts of it were done well. But as many others have said, it went on waaaaaay too long.

UltimateE said:
The concept was interesting, and parts of it were done well. But as many others have said, it went on waaaaaay too long.
As I said too. They really explain it ALL in that in that article series I posted.

Goodwill said:
Well, I think it's safe to say we can't base the Ultimate Clone "Saga" off of the 616. It's obvious that in the UU, the Clone stuff has not created other Peter's, but the symbiotes. I think we should think about Venom, Carnage, and Peter's blood sample. I don't expect the Green Goblin to be pulling any strings, nor do I believe the Jackal will have a hand in any of this. I would like to see some more on Trask vying for Venom... I don't know, I don't expect it to be as hairy as 616.

Sorry for being a pain, but I think this speaks volumes. I don't know anything about the 616 Clone Saga so I won't say if I think it was a good or a bad idea, but rest assured there will be radical RADICAL changes.

Latest posts

Back