Best and Worst voice acting in video games

This is true.

Also, Tomb Raider sucked. Even when it first came out.

I have heard the recent games are decent.

The remake is actually a big improvement in terms of voices. The dialogue in the new game is just comic book level of silliness, the old one had cringe worthy dialogue, plus the new one has fewer stupid accents.

Last edited:
I have heard the recent games are decent.
I take it you are referring to Legend and Anniversary? I have heard the same.

But then again, that's because a completely new company, Crystal Dynamics was responsible for those games.

But it doesn't change the fact that it's absolutely surprising why that game even became such a media sensation to begin with... boobies not withstanding.

Tomb Raider was a fluke of good fortune for Core Design --- the company responsible for garbage like Rick Dangerous and Chuck Rock --- and it's amazing how they got away with putting out six crappy Tomb Raider games.

Also, the company was founded by a guy who would later get arrested for trying to solicit sex from a minor. You know, because digital DD cups aren't enough for him.

Tomb Raider was a fluke of good fortune for Core Design --- the company responsible for garbage like Rick Dangerous and Chuck Rock --- and it's amazing how they got away with putting out six crappy Tomb Raider games.

if the Tomb raider character had looked like it was originally meant to it wouldn't have.

Originally it looked just like Indiana Jones with out a whip and they thought "wait we are going to get sued for this lets change it" and so the tight tank top wearing - shorted babe that every boy tried the "get naked" cheat on was born.:lol:

remember sex sells. Her looking like every boy's wet dream would sell even if the game sucked as much as superman 64

if the Tomb raider character had looked like it was originally meant to it wouldn't have.

Originally it looked just like Indiana Jones with out a whip and they thought "wait we are going to get sued for this lets change it" and so the tight tank top wearing - shorted babe that every boy tried the "get naked" cheat on was born.:lol:
And that excuses the game how?

SSJmole said:
remember sex sells. Her looking like every boy's wet dream would sell even if the game sucked as much as superman 64
There were far more salaciously sexified games released around 1996, the year Tomb Raider was released and they all tanked.

In all honesty, I think gamers experienced a temporary state of delusional suspension of disbelief into thinking the game was actually good. (Which it was to a certain extent, it just wasn't THAT good.)

And that excuses the game how?

It doesn't I was saying remove the hot chick and it would of sank like the titanic

There were far more salaciously sexified games released around 1996, the year Tomb Raider was released and they all tanked.

In all honesty, I think gamers experienced a temporary state of delusional suspension of disbelief into thinking the game was actually good. (Which it was to a certain extent, it just wasn't THAT good.)

I did like the tomb raider games I was again just saying with the hot chick it wouldn't have sold HALF the amount it did

I was again just saying with the hot chick it wouldn't have sold HALF the amount it did
I know. I don't disagree with that part. I just didn't agree with the implication that sex can sell anything even if it sucks as bad as superman 64... it was pure exaggeration because so many games have had sexified sass and weren't even half as bad as superman 84, and by your logic they should have sold like pancakes with Megan Fox on them.

I know. I don't disagree with that part. I just didn't agree with the implication that sex can sell anything even if it sucks as bad as superman 64... it was pure exaggeration because so many games have had sexified sass and weren't even half as bad as superman 84, and by your logic they should have sold like pancakes with Megan Fox on them.

True , It was an exaggeration. but still it was true :lol:

do pancakes still even sell that fast?

I can't recall any really terrible voice acting, but I really like Mark Hamil as Logan in Wolverine's Revenge

Valkyrie Profile had awesome voice acting, I don't care what anyone says. It was brilliant because it used talent from the American dub of Pokemon, and I say that as someone who DOESN'T like Pokemon.

How dare you.

Rick Dangerous was new levels of awesome.
Ordinarily, your indignation would make me take a moment to reassess the validity such an off the cuff remark, but...

No.

I played both games, and while they were hardly execrable, they were still garbage in the sense that they were not "awesome" let alone on a level of awesome that was new.

You are actually awesome, sir, because I never thought someone would go "Hey!" at my callous remark at an old DOS game that I assumed no one on this board had played, let alone would remember.

You are actually awesome, sir, because I never thought someone would go "Hey!" at my callous remark at an old DOS game that I assumed no one on this board had played, let alone would remember.

I thank you kind sir.

I loved many old games like that. I remember me and my mate playing Rick Dangerous 2 religiously for about 3 months.

James Pond and James Pond 2: Robocod were other classics that moved me..

Valkyrie Profile had awesome voice acting, I don't care what anyone says. It was brilliant because it used talent from the American dub of Pokemon, and I say that as someone who DOESN'T like Pokemon.

Yes, it is kinda fun to see people who normally voice kiddie cartoons voice T or M rated games. That's part of what made killer 7 so much fun.

Did you like the sequel, Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria, which was voiced by people from LA?

Lenneth had the same VA though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back