Best fight scenes in a comic book movie

Was there really a need to copy and paste the list from wikipedia? A simple link works just as well.

For me, that's the only time that 'fight scenes' are of any value other than just 'silly fun' (which is what the 1966 and Batman Forever ones most certainly are, for me). For me, Spider-Man 2's big fight scene on the train is just heavy, boring screentime with a straight face and no real feel to it. There's nothing particularly badass about it, it's just Spider-Man dodging metal for about four minutes.

It's not badass-ness I'm talking about in terms of "fight scene value". It's how effective and dramatic it feels, and how creatively it showcases the characters' abilities. They could've easily done that with the modern Batman films while still having them be great scenes period, and didn't, but luckily most of the scenes period are SO great it basically makes up for it.

The house fight in X-Men: The Last Stand (2006). Yes it's one-sided and over fast. It should be. The X-Men are up against a force they can't comprehend let alone match.

Hellboy would have gotten his ass handed to him were it not for the help of that basket of kittens.

I'm still disappointed the basket of kittens didn't get a spin-off movie, or maybe an animated series.

They were clearly the break-out stars.

Latest posts

Back