Best Nicolas Cage Movie?

Best Nick Cage Movie?

• Total voters

Steve GMan

Nicolas Cage is one of my favorite actors, right after Christopher Walken, and I'm watching The Rock right now, and I forgot how enjoyable it was. Great performanes all around, it's tense and suspenseful, and has some genuinely funny momemts ("What kind of ****ed up tour is this?").

I'm also a big fan of Face/Off, Con Air, Leaving Las Vegas, Trapped in Paradise, National Treasure, Moonstruck, and Snake Eyes.

Sweet Christmas the lady in The Rock is gorgeous. I love the pigtails.

Ultimate Houde said:

A.K.A. the future Mrs. Stephen Giordano.

Ultimate Houde said:
And ConAir and The Rock are both great Nick Cage films

I like how he plays polar opposites in those movies, cool and calm ex-con in the one, and a neurotic and jittery FBI agent in the other.

Last edited:
A lot of people like him for his big roles...but I think I prefer him in those movies that not everyone likes.

For example:
  • Family Man
  • Raizing Arizona
  • Matchstick Men
  • Lord of War
  • Trapped in Paradise
  • Adaptation

But I think my favorite one out of all of them would have to be "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"

The Rock and Con Air. Poll over.

Ultimate Houde said:
You should close it so it truely is over

WWBD

What Would Bass Do?

Con Air is my favorite bad movie ever. I watch it every time its on tv. I just can't stop myself. The Rock is also awesomely bad. They both help me just shut down my brain for a while and watch some mindless violence.

Face/Off is a favorite of mine. In terms of Nicholas Cage, though, I think he was at his best in Face/Off, followed by ConAir.

UltimateE said:
The Rock and Con Air. Poll over.

You don't have the gall to shut it down, pretty boy.

Doc Comic said:
Face/Off is a favorite of mine. In terms of Nicholas Cage, though, I think he was at his best in Face/Off, followed by ConAir.

I like Face/Off a lot, but the one thing that always gets to me is
the fact that since the roles are switched, Cage spends most of the movie as Sean Archer, the hero, and Travola's is now Castor Troy, but in the end, Cage triumphs since he's still technically the good guy, but it's Travolta that gets to go home to the loving family. You make an attachment to Cage, so in the end I still feel like the bad guy as partially won.

"If I were to let you suck on my tongue, would you be grateful?"

Last edited:
Never a fan of his big hollywood ego fests, he seems to be on autopilot there. He really shines in Adaptapappitydaption, Raising Arizona and Matchstick Men though.

As far as action-stars-being-surprisingly-good-actors go, I'd be forced to do it Big Bruce Willis style.

Con Air had some good violence and all, the cross dresser made that film though.

Victor Von Doom said:
A lot of people like him for his big roles...but I think I prefer him in those movies that not everyone likes.

For example:
  • Family Man
  • Raizing Arizona
  • Matchstick Men
  • Lord of War
  • Trapped in Paradise
  • Adaptation
I'm with you, Matchstick Men, Lord of War and Adaptation are way better movies that The Rock and other such stuff. I voted for Lord of War.

I'm surprised there isn't more love for Leaving Las Vegas, the role he won an Oscar for. After watching it the other day, I thought it was fantastic. He's drunk for the entire thing, and the opening scene of him buying a full shopping cart of liquor is priceless.

Steve GMan said:
I'm surprised there isn't more love for Leaving Las Vegas, the role he won an Oscar for. After watching it the other day, I thought it was fantastic. He's drunk for the entire thing, and the opening scene of him buying a full shopping cart of liquor is priceless.

I watched about half of it and wished I was the drunk one.

Again....I say "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" or STFU!!!! :D

But then you say one of 3 things:
"I didn't know he was in that movie?"

Of course he was...you just didn't pay attention to it.

Proof

"Yeah....but that was an extra's role. He only had 2 lines."

Shut up before I e-smack you. That's a semantics....

But if you wanna get picky about it....fine. I say Gone in 60 Seconds in my fav Cage movie.

"What's Fast Times at Ridgemont High?"

You poor kid. Go to Blockbuster right now and see the greatest teen movie ever. There is not one single bad thing about that film.

The only one on that list I've seen is "Raising Arizona", so it wins by default. But it is a great movie. The chase sequence where he's trying to steal the diapers is priceless. My dad is getting "Lord of War" on DVD, so I might borrow it after he's done with it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back