Best Nicolas Cage Movie?

Best Nick Cage Movie?

• Total voters
moonmaster said:
The only one on that list I've seen is "Raising Arizona", so it wins by default. But it is a great movie.

I haven't seen it, but I love all the other Coen Bros. movies I've seen: Hudsucker Proxy, O Brother Where Art Thou, and most of all, The Big Lebowski.

I'm surpirsed you've never seen Con Air, they love to play it on cable every 20 minutes or so.

Last edited:
Saw "Lord of War" on DVD last night and that wouldn't be my chief candidate for good anything. Cage's main acting in the movie is the ability to look nonplussed, and if he didn't spend so much narration time telling you how smart he is, you'd certainly never know it by what you actually see him DO in the movie, with the exception of the last main scene.

I voted for RAISING ARIZONA, because he did a good job with physical comedy there.

I have a soft spot for It Could Happen To You (not included in the poll). It's not a great movie by my definition, but its entertaining enough since Cage works his somnambulic dopey charm very well, and Rosie Perez is hilarious in her money-grubbing villainy.

The other movie that totally owns is The Rock. I'm still amazed at how ostentatious, action-packed and high octane it STILL is, even when you watch it eight years after its release. Face/Off is lovable for its pure camp factor.

As for 8MM, it's a terrible film that fascinates me. Director Joel Schumacher seems to have a penchant for making films that are high concept but pandering all at the same time, and its for that reason that I just can't resist sitting through a few minutes for films like this and Phone Booth whenever they come on cable.

I also really liked Bringing Out The Dead, yet for some reason it gets constantly ignored. It was essentially Martin Scorsese doing Taxi Driver on ambulances, but with a refreshing sense of humor. Ving Rhames is worth the price of admission alone.

As for City of Angels.... :sick:

I changed my mind. The best Nicolas Cage movie would have to be Honeymoon in Vegas.

Parachuting Elvises, and James Caan pays money to sleep with Sarah Jessica Parker.

How insanely absurd is that? I mean who in their right mind would PAY to sleep with Sarah Jessica Parker? Hell, I wouldn't even sleep with her for free.

Latest posts

Back