Best tablet?

mattutd5

Hi all. I am after purchasing a tablet soon as reading comics digitally is a bit of a pain in the backside on a laptop. Question is, what's tablet is the best value for money? Android only
Thanks

I think the best option is with I phone tablet. Nothing can beat I Phone tablet as far as i have analyzed. Try it once and then share your feedback.

...iPad?

I use an iPad Air. Works great. No experience with any Android tablets, sorry.

I've also used a Kindle Fire and it was decent.

Thanks. Alot of love for Apple. So I took that on board and bought an android this was only down to Apple not allowing the use of showbox which as an app is irreplaceable. Purchased Samsung pro 10.1 and its quality. Thanks for the help.

It's not just love for Apple - iOS comic reading apps are much better than Android's (at least that I've seen).

Reviving this after a few years. I just replaced my aging Macbook Pro with a Microsoft Surface Pro 6 and this thing is by far the best device I've ever read digital comics on. Comixology stuff is a little weird - maybe because they don't have a dedicated app - but downloaded comics are amazing on it. I use an app called Cover which works really, really well.

That's awesome to hear. I've played with the Surface on Alaska flights back when they would hand them out, and it was nice enough to watch movies on.

I've since gone multiple years without an apple ipad. I would like to get something relatively inexpensive to read comics. I always thought like you did a few years ago that the iOS offerings were the best options out there.

That said, you think I should look in the Surface instead of an iPad mini?

I think the biggest selling point for me, is that I like to play pinball, and read comics on it.

Yeah, I'm on the iPad train. I guess I need to look into the surfaces next time I'm near one in the stores.

That said, you think I should look in the Surface instead of an iPad mini?

I'd say it's worth looking into, for sure. But ultimately you have to decide if - beyond reading comics - you need the PC functionality that the Surface offers, or if the iPad is better. I replaced my MacBook Pro AND iPad Mini with the Surface, so it was for more than just reading comics.

I used an iPad Mini for a few years and it was OK, but I wouldn't recommend it. If you went that route I'd recommend looking into the Pro.

Latest posts

Back