Beyond Series Discussion (Spoilers)

Friday

Now I know I'm not the only one to pick this up.

So far we've got 7 marvel characters, pulled together by what we're assuming is the beyonder (who I didn't know was a living cosmic cube till now) to fight thier enimies. Unfortuantly for the group hes not a whole lot more specific than that.

Its good to see Gravity and The Hood show up, I hope marvel keeps actualy using thier newer characters instead of introducing them and then just having them dropp off the scene. I'd really like to see The Hood get set up as one of Gravity's enemies in an ongoing. Amazing Fantasy would have been perfect for this if it was still around.

Oh, and Venom kills Spider-Man. Yeah, it'll get undone by the end of the series, but having him mistake Medusa for MJ in his last moments was a very sweet idea.
I know they're adding more characters to this as it continues, and so far the first issue set things up very well. Looking forward to more.

3.5/5

I didn't buy it, but I did read it.

It was...very weird.

I didn't like the art and a lot of the dialogue was pretty bad and very comic book-y. But the idea was interesting at the very least and wasn't too bad execution-wise. I'm not expecting much from this but I will read it all. I have a soft spot in my heart for Secret Wars, as bad as it was.

E said:
I didn't buy it, but I did read it.

It was...very weird.

I didn't like the art and a lot of the dialogue was pretty bad and very comic book-y. But the idea was interesting at the very least and wasn't too bad execution-wise. I'm not expecting much from this but I will read it all. I have a soft spot in my heart for Secret Wars, as bad as it was.
But you have to admit, its very fun. Something comics aren't enough of these days.

gemini-mk said:
i would've never suspected that :roll:

If you read stuff like Seven Soldier of Victory, Watchmen, or V for Vendetta (or even just about any superhero book that came out after about 2003) maybe you wouldn't.

I'm going to take a wild guess that you buy every Wolverine book and appearance that comes out.

Baxter said:
But you have to admit, its very fun. Something comics aren't enough of these days.

I will admit that, sure. Not necessarily my kind of comic book fun, but I will agree. And like I said it wasn't like it was bad - I'll keep reading.

E said:
I'm going to take a wild guess that you buy every Wolverine book and appearance that comes out.
Oooohhhhh. Admin-BURN

So who are we hoping will show up in this? It was the mention of Dethlok in the solicit for #3 that confimed me picking this up.

E said:
If you read stuff like Seven Soldier of Victory, Watchmen, or V for Vendetta (or even just about any superhero book that came out after about 2003) maybe you wouldn't.

I will admit that, sure. Not necessarily my kind of comic book fun, but I will agree. And like I said it wasn't like it was bad - I'll keep reading.

i don't read every wolverine book that comes out! i think, i bet it's pretty close tho but thats just a side effect of me buying most marvel books that come out i don't just buy books for characters i buy them for the story

i had my doubts about this book once i read the last page but dwayne mcduffie posted on newsarama saying that (basically) the only thing to be reset at the end and it is fully in continuity this sounds like it's gonna be quite a book i am stoked for issue 2 and DEATHLOK! in issue 3 :D

and when i said that i was buying a smart *** sorry

Last edited:
E said:

Baxter said:
Oooohhhhh. Admin-BURN

Indeed. He just got...

elbowned5vm.gif

ELBOWNED!!!

Buy E no less. That's like a getting a stone thrown upside your head by Jesus. :lol: You'd think he'd be above the low-blow? :lol:

Since, we made the other thread about The Loners, and not about Beyond, let's move our discussion here.

No, who is the Hood? Is he the drug dealer from Runaways? What are his powers?

I would like if the people showing up became more and more obscure

The Hood is from an early BKV MAX mini about a random thug who gets super powers. I've never been able to read it but i love the premise...

Makes me wonder why Duffy pulled him into the mix.

And a hippie Kraven

The guy is either a genius, or freaking insane

And I bet the Beyonder has nothing to do with this

Last edited:
Ultimate Houde said:
Makes me wonder why Duffy pulle dhim into the mix.

And a hippie Kraven

The guy is either a genius, or freaking insane

And I bet the Beyonder has nothing to do with this
I think he's an insane genius. Classic over the top comic action with a cast that has atleast one character that'll be someones "Hey! It's ___! I love___!", put out right when people are getting burnt out on hyper inrensive crossovers? Its the anti-civil War/infinate crisis/annihilation/OYL.

Ah, yes, the insane genius

The three aliens the guy was burying at the beginning, the first one I had no clue who it was, but the other two where obviuosly a Skrull and a Kree.

At first I thought they were Super Skrull, and Ronan the Accuser, though I doubt it because of Annilhation that's going on right now.

Maybe Arcade could be behind the whole thing. That would be funny.

It's not that I don't want to spoil it for you guys, it's just that my copy of the issue is two flights of stairs away from me right now, and I usually like to have the comic right by me when I'm summarizing it.

And don't start criticizing my laziness now, 'cuz.... well, I'm not gonna accuse you guys of anything right now. I'm having a "not-so-sucky" day and am high on life at the moment, so no accusing anyone of anything.

Except Big Bird for killing Mr. Hooper while he sleepwalked. That's right, Caroll Spinney, I'm on to you.

Latest posts

Back