Billy Batson and the Power of Shazam

Random

Didn't **** any of those *****es
I didn't even know this was being worked on, but recently Peter Segal signed to direct the movie, SHAZAM from New Line studio.

Source: Variety

Segal in fact describes Goldman's vision of the film as a combination of SUPERMAN and BIG. If you weren't familiar with the comic, the story follows a 15-year-old boy - Billy Batson - who turns into the heroic Captain Marvel whenever someone says "SHAZAM!" (an acronym for Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles, and Mercury - the combined powers of which Marvel possesses).

So there you have it

Re: Shazam!

Random said:
I didn't even know this was being worked on, but recently Peter Segal signed to direct the movie, SHAZAM from New Line studio.

So there you have it

Damn, you beat me to the post, I just saw it. I'm actually very excited, I want to see who get's to play Shazam, and if at all they will have Black Adam in it. Now that I want to see.

If they do this, they better have an awesome battle with Captain Marvel and Black Adam.

And Shazam should die.

I hope they keep it simple. No mary Marvel or Captain Marvel Jr. or Uncle Marvel crud. The Wizard, Billy, and Black Adam alone could make a hell of a movie.

Baxter said:
I hope they keep it simple. No mary Marvel or Captain Marvel Jr. or Uncle Marvel crud. The Wizard, Billy, and Black Adam alone could make a hell of a movie.
One would think that movie studios had logic like that, but sadly they dont... poor movie studios intelligent original thinking is for non-scumbags...

Baxter said:

You said it. Jerry Ordway's graphic novel "The Power of Shazam!" would be great for a screenplay.

And by the way, Patrick Warburton(Putty from Seinfeld) IS Captain Marvel. Period.

Comedy Director to Helm Shazam!
Does this mean DC plans a lighthearted superhero film?

Peter Segal (The Longest Yard, 50 First Dates) will direct Shazam!, an adaptation of DC Comics' adventures of Captain Marvel, for New Line Cinema, according to Hollywood Reporter.

Segal will also co-produce along with Michael Ewing of Callahan Filmworks.

The film will tell the story of Billy Batson, a young radio personality who becomes Captain Marvel when he utters the magic phrase "Shazam!" Captain Marvel possesses the powers of six different gods including speed, strength, flight and invulnerability.

Hopefully, Segal's involvement won't mean the film will be campy comedy (and hopefully not starring Adam Sandler). Fans worried when Barbershop's Tim Story signed on to do Fantastic Four as well.
Bob Gough
Source: Hollywood Reporter

And he shouldn't. He shined as Putty...was great as Kronk...and peaked as Brock Samson.

The Tick was so-so........funny...but so-so.

. . .the Rock? Are you serious?

Now, don't get me wrong. I like the Rock. His acting has gotten much better then when he started (Scorpion King). But I can't see him playing Captain Marvel. At all.

I'm serious

I'd love to see a Mummy reunion for the Cap Marvel movie.

Brendon Frasier - Cap

Arnold Vosloo - Black Adam

then I'd cast;

Ian McKellan - The Wizard Shazam

Daveigh Chase - Mary

hmm

just for giggles

David Dorfman - Billy

And seriously, they should use Monster Society of Evil as the script base.

Agreed. If it's too goofy and won't reach the target audience, it's easy to change up to be darker, but I think it's perfect the way it is.
Yes.

Comic book adaptations should stop being so AFRAID of being silly.

See also: Fantastic Four

Ian McKellen as Shazam would be great. I love how he's typecast for all of these kinds of roles, but it actually works.

But Patrick Warburton must play Captain Marvel.

Latest posts

Back