Bioshock 2

Grocer Man

I think I posted a teaser video in the first thread. Anyway:

[youtube]nj2hewPBQh0[/youtube]

Due for release in late 2009 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 video game consoles as well as Microsoft Windows, this second entry in the series will see the player take control of the first Big Daddy ever created, and will return to Rapture ten years after the events of the first game[2].

In 1967 (seven years after the events of BioShock), a number of towns around the world have been reporting kidnappings of young girls by attackers described as "thin", with red lights often reported as either being worn by the attacker or spotted nearby in the sea. This attacker — the Big Sister, one of the Little Sisters from the first entry in the series[citation needed] who has become mechanised in a similar fashion to the Big Daddies — has become the ruler of the underwater city of Rapture; Tenenbaum, discoverer of ADAM and original creator of the Little Sisters, states that the Big Sister has begun kidnapping girls and turning them "into creatures... like her".[2]

The player will take the role of the first Big Daddy ever created in Rapture, who has seemingly survived the events of the first game. As such, the Big Daddy's drill and rivet gun will be weapons that the player may use, but will overheat if used constantly. Alternatively, the player may also use plasmids, and their effects have been changed, while "upgrade trees" will provide unique ways to upgrade plasmids. Further Big Daddy abilities found in the first game, such as performing a body slam, will also be an option.[2] The Big Sister also appears to be a very serious threat to the player. When a certain amount of Big Daddies are killed she will attack. Unlike the Big Daddies, she is lightning quick and arguably more powerful.

As a "rogue" Big Daddy, players will attempt to capture the Little Sisters from other Big Daddies who roam Rapture. Once caught, the player will again have the option of choosing the fate of the Little Sisters. Harvesting remains a possibility in order to gain more ADAM, but rather than rescuing the Little Sister, players will instead be allowed to adopt them. With this option, Little Sisters will ride around with the player's Big Daddy, and will look for ADAM to harvest from corpses; in a manner similar to the final area of the first game, the player will then need to ensure that splicers will not harm the Little Sister as the harvesting process takes place. Rescuing, while not initially an option for the player, will become available at some point in the game.[2] Additionally the Little Sisters will also warn the player when the Big Sister is approaching by singing a tune.

Returning features from the first game include Vita-Chambers to allow the player to regenerate, and audio diaries. In addition to the single-player story, online multiplayer will be a feature in BioShock 2.[2]

An image of the Big sister from the CameInformer cover, and a viral marketing site:

http://gameinformer.com/News/Story/200903/N09.0310.1603.49470.htm

http://www.somethinginthesea.com/

*All information taken from the Wikipedia article.

Also, I'm not sure if it would fit the timeline, but I'd like to see a "would you kindly" plasmid.

Anyone think Jack will show up in this game?

If the good ending is canon (which it probably is, since game studios tend to be squemish in making bad endings in multiple ending games canon) then SingleDad! Jack coming in to save the day would be badass.

Anyone think Jack will show up in this game?

If the good ending is canon (which it probably is, since game studios tend to be squemish in making bad endings in multiple ending games canon) then SingleDad! Jack coming in to save the day would be badass.

Didn't KotOR 2 use KotOR 1's bad ending?

No, they used the light side male ending, but the canon ending for KotOR 2 is dark side female.

Which makes me sad, because my Revan and Juhani made a cute couple, then I had to start with Revan/Carth (do...not...want)

An article containing the very ironic story of why BioShock 2 is being made by 2K Marin instead of 2K Boston:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6206477.html?tag=topslot;thumb;3

In any case, the good ending is most likely canon. After all, the evil ending ended with Jack leading an army of mutants to hijack a nuclear submarine. That'd obviously have severe ramifications, and there are none apparent in what we've seen so far.

Also, scans of the GameInformer article, which contains scans of the game and more information:

http://allgamesbeta.net/2009/03/16/bioshock-2-game-informer/

Last edited:
Interview:

[youtube]A4vFfRbKQDA&feature=haxa_popt14us04[/youtube]

Yep. Looks like the good ending's canon, though I think it'd be interesting if the bad ending was. Like, say, Jack sent up the Little Sisters to learn more about the surface world, have one of them come back down and become the Big Sister, send Big Sis to capture more children for the Little Sister project, and use them to make more ADAM for the invasion of the surface.

Launch trailer.

[video=youtube;vYP0uJpNjVc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYP0uJpNjVc[/video]

Game comes out in five days!

OMG. I love this game so hard. The whole backstory about Sophia Lamb, and her conflict with Andrew Ryan is one of the best parts of the story. My only complaint, the backstory of Delta's a little lacking, but I'm sure we'll get more as I get closer to the end.

Latest posts

Back