Bishop's Team

ShaggyMarco

Who are we going to get? Here's who I think it will be and why:

Bishop: team leader and teacher. He clearly knows something of what is coming and also has lots of apparent combat experience.

Storm: second in command due to her life experiences, powers, and Xavier-school training

Iceman: He will probably not be part of the initial team, but Bishop will eventually win him over after he feels slighted by Scott treating him like a student full-time and Bishop dropping hints at his TRUE power.

A Guthrie It could be Cannonball or any of his siblings. I would actually LOVE to see one of his siblings who never had powers in 616 be a new character for the Ultimate U. This would bring a tie to the Academy, (through Cannonball) which, I think, is important that the core X-team have. At the very least, as the team needs a strong-guy type, having his sister from AoA, Elizabeth Guthrie, aka Amazon might be cool.

A Morlock Probably not Nightcrawler, as he is too crazy, but through Nightcrawler we will meet other mutants, and one of them will become an X-man. (Freak-burned Pyro seems a posisbility, as he was all about supporting Xavier's legacy)

What do you think?

other rooster :

Bishop:as a leader and fighter sure agree with it

Storm: also agree

ice man: definitly

Toad: I love the idea of an x-man disliking humans

caliban : thug, artist and monster with a heart of gold

As I stated in the UXM 81 thread:

Bishop, Storm, Sunfire, Jubilee, Xorn, Thunderbird, Sage (come on, Bishop making a team and there's even a chance that Sage wouldn't come in?), Husk, Warpath.

But you want reasons.

Bishop- Duh.

Storm- Duh.

Sunfire- Japanese American fire mutant who Bishop knows has great power and gets him on board to help calm that temper and better his control over his powers.

Jubilee- She's quite powerful and always overlooked in the 616 universe. In the Ultimate Universe you can make her ability to blow up anything into a much stronger power and while her 616 counterpart is powerless this version can bring the character a higher level of cool. No one cares about Jubilee, let's make her Ultimate version change that.

Xorn- Not big on this one, myself. But I could see a better take on Xorn with no convoluted past. Sure he was created as a guise for Magneto, but he's an actual character now in 616 and he could be in Ultimate if someone cared.

Thunderbird- First to die of the "All New, All Different" cast. Since rumor has it Bishop's team will be introduced in an arc called "All New, All Different" why not include one of those cast members? Why not one of the least seen of them?

Sage- Bishop's main girl in 616. Cool powers, smart, every team needs someone smart and Sage and Storm can help with the danger room if they still hang out at the school.

Husk- Not big on this one either. In fact, I withdraw suggesting it.

Warpath- If we don't get Thunderbird, give Bishop's team a "Wolverine" raging character. Besides he looks cool.

I can see having Rogue and Iceman on this team since they don't seem like lovers of Frost's school, or hanging out with Scott and the others. Besides Bishop seems to want to be a mentor with Iceman.

But, I'm hoping for Jubilee, Sage, and Sunfire.

You guys should seriously consider Wolverine, too. There's more stories with him, as you know, and it's been alluded that Wolverine may rely on Storm (presumably a member of Bishop's team) and, thus, the New X-Men would help resolve Logan's issue. Wolverine would join and buddy up with Bishop and they spar as to who should be in charge...

I think Iceman will be on the team as well as Brotherhood members... The Hellfire Club and the Brotherhood are infiltrating everything, huh?

Does anyone wanna start writing fan fic with me? This inspires me...

I think if Iceman is on rogue will be on too. I really don't want to see Ultimate Xorn since he's too new...that'd be like having an Ultimate Ronin in USM...or Ultimate Nextwave vs the Ultimates. I think Sunfire, Jubilee and Thunderbird are all due to be ultimized soon, but i think Bishops team will probably only be people we've seen so far..there's so much going on already without introduction of new characters.

Bishop, Storm, Iceman, Rogue, Wolverine (sometimes) and maybe Pyro and someone from Academy..but i don't think they'd manage to get enough book space if they're sharing with the Mansions school story..so if some of them might die against apocalypse or whoever...also I imagine beast will be very much against because of what Xavier did..so either he might come into conflict with the group...which puts storm in an interesting position..or they re-think the whole Xaviers dream thing

You guys should seriously consider Wolverine, too. There's more stories with him, as you know, and it's been alluded that Wolverine may rely on Storm (presumably a member of Bishop's team) and, thus, the New X-Men would help resolve Logan's issue. Wolverine would join and buddy up with Bishop and they spar as to who should be in charge...

I think Iceman will be on the team as well as Brotherhood members... The Hellfire Club and the Brotherhood are infiltrating everything, huh?

Does anyone wanna start writing fan fic with me? This inspires me...

Dude, my Ultimate X-Force fic? Has both Sage and Caliban....

But, I'm thinking Iceman and Rogue, definetly. Kirkman seems to be promising us alot with Iceman, and there's no doubt Rogue won't go along for the ride.
I'd geekgasm if Sunfire showed up.

I'm not so sure about Storm though. She seems to have low self-esteem, so, unless Bishop pressures her, I'm not too sure she'd become a leader.

If Sunfire is on the team, I'm not too sure they'd bring on Pyro, unless Kirkman's aiming for a conflict between the two hot heads.

What I'd like to see is Gambit back. They're bringing Beast back, so why not the Cajun? It'd add some conflict between Iceman and Rogue.

I'm thinking we'll see more of Cable, before he reveals that Prof. X is still alive. I keep thinking that Nightcrawler will join Cable. I mean, who better to have with you? Nightcrawler hates Xavier, plus he's a fellow Weapon X'er, if Cable is Wolverine in the future.

But I don't want Wolverine on the team. IF need be, only for a temporary thing. Let Wolverine do his own thing. Let it lead off in to his mini.

Ultimate Wolverine's becoming 616 Wolverine.

And 616 Wolverine is a boring stale character that cannot change and lost his edge years ago. I'm not liking where Ultimate Wolverine is going.

Also, I was a bit happy when I heard Loeb was going to write the Ultimate Wolverine mini, mainly because he was a bigwig at DC and I'd heard good things about him.

Never read a damn thing he wrote. I've been reading the stuff he's wrote for Marvel since he jumped ships....he's not a great writer, he's a meh writer. His big Wolverine vs Sabretooth story is POOR and BORING! Great art, though.

Of course, the Wolves vs Sabes fight is boring because Wolverine's not the way he was 20 years ago. Back in the day, Wolverine went into berserker rages and was more animal than man.

Not anymore, now he's the gruff uncle figure. He's tame and his hatred to Sabretooth is not as big now because Wolverine has no threat of becoming Sabretooth. With Logan tame, Sabretooth is just another enemy without the how "You're becoming Sabretooth" subplot to it. BORING.

So, I don't care about Loeb writing Ultimate Wolverine. And after Bendis wrote UXM Ultimate Wolverine's been just as tame.

But Kirkman, he did something new with the bloated character. Logan was a monster and Xavier made him human, but Cable comes from the future and shows Logan that Xavier would twist him into a different kind of monster. His past is a mystery, his future is a threat. I'm glad to see Wolverine leaving the teams for a while. I don't want to see him in the Ultimate Wolverine mini, because Loeb's writing is meh and he has no insight at all into anything he writes at Marvel.

BUT I would like an Ultimate Wolverine mini by Kirkman, or a few stories (or better back up stories in UXM) that dealt with Wolverine looking for some solid ground. Avoid the man he was, avoid the man Xavier makes him, and see if there's anything in him worth saving, worth living.

So, no. I disagree on Wolverine joining Bishop's team, OR helping at the school. Wolverine needs to find himself, and I think Kirkman knows what's he's doing with the character.

I wasn't saying that Wolverine would work for the school - I don't see a person like him being a teacher or someone that could stand in front of a classroom and teach. Wolverine does have to discover himself, but where else in the UU are we going to see his discoveries? The X-Men are the team that Wolverine can related to the most... So, the X-Men, with Bishop, will pick up Wolverine and help him through his tough time...

And Loeb can recognize the difference between 616 and UU Wolverine. I think that's evident in what he's said about the UU mini he's supposed to write. I think we'll see more of the old UU Wolverine in the new mini.

ooo hope ultimate jubilee makes her debut. there's so much behind that character. hope they take this chance to really steer away from 616 history and grab some brand new mutants. keep things fresh. o yeah and pyro, since he's such an xavier fan-boy/fanatic

Anyone who can get their hands on the previews book- do so.

The team is on the book, but their blacked out. There will be 7 members. It looks like Angel might be on it because there's someone with his body-type and wings there. Storm seems to be on it, and of course Bishop is leading them. I think Dazzler might make a return since there's someone that has hair shaped like hers. There appears to be what I think is another girl next to who looks like could be Dazzler. The rest are in the middle, and can't tell who they could be. Only way to tell there's 7 people is because of the 7 "X's".

ooo hope ultimate jubilee makes her debut. there's so much behind that character. hope they take this chance to really steer away from 616 history and grab some brand new mutants. keep things fresh. o yeah and pyro, since he's such an xavier fan-boy/fanatic

Kirkman wrote a Jubilee mini which I didn't read but sounded really boring. I think he's ultimized enough what with shadow king and apocalypse and pyro and morlocks (and cable). Having too many characters is one of the flaws in "the walking dead".

Are Dazzler and Angel still together? This might turn out to be a bit of a coupley team if it's them and Iceman and Rogue.

So, we have a target number: 7. This is my new list based on Ice's info. I may change this if I see the page myself.

-Bishop
-Storm

-Angel-he gives us a character with ties to the Academy, so we don't need a Guthrie here, as much as I'd like to see one
-Dazzler-this brings her into the story, so that's cool
-Pyro- I am throwing him out here as a token Morlock. I think this team, if it's going to be the core team of the book for a while, needs connections to the other mutant groups in the world
-Thunderbird- the title of the arc makes me think this mutant who didn't last in 616 could get a new lease on life here in Ultimate Universe, plus he provides a strong-guy to the team
-Ice Man- again, I think he'll be the last to fall into place, but will present an interesting fire-and-ice dynamic.

Dazzler and Angel are good picks. Angel has no reason to stay at the Academy anymore now that Xavier is "dead" (And Colossus seems to be taking his place as "Token Academy of Tomorrow X-man") and Dazzler would join Bishop if Warren did (That and she has no where to go).

I think Iceman and Rogue are going to stay at Scott and Jean's school. At least, that's the way it was hinted at.

So. . .that would leave 3 members. I think three new members would be great. Add some fresh faces to the book.

Last edited:
I think Iceman and Rogue are going to stay at Scott and Jean's school. At least, that's the way it was hinted at.
That's true. But Bishop seems determined to work with Iceman at least, so my guess he'll figure something out to help him along.

Still hoping for Sage, Jubilee (although if Dazzler's on the team, then Jubilee might not be the best pick since most people thought Dazzler WAS Ultimate Jubilee), and Sunfire.

Latest posts

Back