Bittorrent (Azrueus) problem / question

Re: Azureus question/problem

I would recommend that you switch to Utorrent. I used to use Azureus as well, but I've found that Utorrent is much better.

I would recommend that you switch to Utorrent. I used to use Azureus as well, but I've found that Utorrent is much better.

Maybe I will. Az has been fluky lately.

I'm on Mac though.

Hmm. I actually thought that speaking of bittorent and all subjects related to the evilness of interweb piracy was a big no-no on this site.

And as far as I know, Utorrent should work fine on a mac, though I've never tried it. I haven't seen the newer versions of Azureus, but Utorrent is miles ahead of the version that I used to use.

Hmm. I actually thought that speaking of bittorent and all subjects related to the evilness of interweb piracy was a big no-no on this site.

Nope - discussing torrents is fine - telling people where to get them is NOT.

And it's best not to be specific about what you use it for. We're going to assume we all use it for it's original purpose - to trade code for Unix stuff. That's what I use it for, of course.

And as far as I know, Utorrent should work fine on a mac, though I've never tried it. I haven't seen the newer versions of Azureus, but Utorrent is miles ahead of the version that I used to use.

I looked on Utorrent's site and it looks like it's Windows only.

I also looked at some reviews and it looks like the general consensus is that Azureus, though it has its flaws, is probably the best client for Mac. I'm OK with that.

I looked on Utorrent's site and it looks like it's Windows only.

I also looked at some reviews and it looks like the general consensus is that Azureus, though it has its flaws, is probably the best client for Mac. I'm OK with that.
Yeah, uTorrent is Windows only.

The reason that Azureus works on both PC and Mac is that it's programmed in Java, which is a non-exclusive platform language (as in it works on any computer that has Java installed). The downside to it is that it uses a lot of the computers resources and can be slow at times.

Latest posts

Back