Black-op Spider-man

K

Korinthian

I already posted this on the CBR forums, hope you don't mind.

------------------------------------------------------------

I know tons of people will disagree with me on this, but here goes...

Spider-man is basically just running around, being as skilled as he was the first day of heroing. Wouldn't it be a good idea to give him some kind of skills?

I was thinking he'd make a great spy/black-op. Have Wolverine or some SHIELD guy educate him some, making him more than just "guy with spider-powers that goes on pure instinct". He's got talent in this area, as shown by the time he followed Nick Fury. This would be a neat way to introduce his black suit (the non-venom kind).

I'd very much like to see him crawl around the vents of some top secret facility, IR-goggles on, taking the guards out one by one.

Of course, SHIELD wouldn't give him missions often, or at all (after the first one). But in the end, he'd know a thing or two about breaking an entrance and pick a lock.

He talks his *** off when he's afraid or nervous.

Compulsively...

I don't think that flies with SHIELD Espionage.

But at the same time, I've always wanted to see Ult. Wolvie, and Ult. Spidey working together for some SHIELD mission...

Korinthian said:
I already posted this on the CBR forums, hope you don't mind.

------------------------------------------------------------

I know tons of people will disagree with me on this, but here goes...

Spider-man is basically just running around, being as skilled as he was the first day of heroing. Wouldn't it be a good idea to give him some kind of skills?

I was thinking he'd make a great spy/black-op. Have Wolverine or some SHIELD guy educate him some, making him more than just "guy with spider-powers that goes on pure instinct". He's got talent in this area, as shown by the time he followed Nick Fury. This would be a neat way to introduce his black suit (the non-venom kind).

I'd very much like to see him crawl around the vents of some top secret facility, IR-goggles on, taking the guards out one by one.

Of course, SHIELD wouldn't give him missions often, or at all (after the first one). But in the end, he'd know a thing or two about breaking an entrance and pick a lock.

When I think about this being executed, I shudder because it would be awful.

However, I honestly think the idea real has merit. Definately something to muse on... Maybe it's because the concept of him being a spy is too much, but the idea of him being capable is not? Maybe it's just the learning curve that's interesting? I don't know what attracts me to the idea, nor what I think would not work about it's implimentation, but yeah - it's a good idea. It could go somewhere.

I personally like the idea of having someone train him... Wolverine would definitely be a good candidate, but perhaps it should be Nightcrawler since they are similarly agile.

That would be a good arc in New Avengers. Spidey and Wolverine has to infiltrate a base or something so Logan tries to teach him on the way try not to get pissed off. But we've seen Spidey sneaking around quite often, and very good at it. PS1 and games and the first movie game, they had stealth missions

Last edited:
You know what, I have thought this would be cool also!

And with Strangefate's comment, I think it would be hilarious as a one shot of his training and first mission and how he botches it up.

I may make this one too, along with my Superman and modern Jesus comic. :lol:

Forget what the good doctor mentioned already about him being compulsive and non too suave. It would also go against everything the relationship between him and Fury has progressed too so far. If this was brought up earlier like before HG, I might've considered it, but right now? No way.

As far as some kind've training. I loved the team-up when he considered Shang-Chi. There's always Shang-Chi or Daredevil, Moon Knight if they ever lighten up.

Oh yeah, good point.

Here's the solution:

He should sneak into the Trisk.

Hah! I'd buy that issue.

But didn't Fury say "impressive" or something to that affect? Why would he be impressed if he knew about SM following?

Maybe! That would be an interesting aspect of his spider powers.

Korinthian said:
But didn't Fury say "impressive" or something to that affect? Why would he be impressed if he knew about SM following?

I just looked it up. They caught him after tailing Fury for an hour. Pretty impressive.

I think an issue with him breaking into the Triskelion could be pretty funny.

especially if he's trying to impress Kitty to do it...

BTW: Shouldn't this be in Baseless Spec.?

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
Forget funny. I want to see him do it for a reason. Get Harry out, find out some info on himself that even he doesn't know, etc...

Of course he'd need a reason to do it, I don't think he'd break in for the hell of it. In my opinion, it would probably be best handled in a humorous way.

I doubt he'd want to get Harry out, since Harry such a threat. Best reason I can think is to find out anything they know about his parents, though Fury claims to know nothing.

Although, he'd still need training for that. The training is the important part!

Latest posts

Back