Black Widow: Unnatural mutation or flatscan?

jtg3885

Banned
According to a page that gives information on all Marvel heroes, the 616 Black Widow possessed no superpowers. I think I asked this before, but do we know what the hell this version of Natasha is? The Ultimates, with the exception of Tony, is a veritable freak show, but then again, Hawkeye I think is just a human too, so I'm not sure...

I just reread an issue... today where they said that she had a ton of enhancements.. Hawkeye said it kind of saying she was better equiped than him... its in issue 8... and I quote, "its okay for you and your million dollar enhancements, but I cant do this stuff and talk at the same time honey!" What exactly the nature of those enhancements are though... your guess is as good as mine.. probably enhanced senses and reflexes... but that is again just a guess

Either that, or some really good breast implants and a nose job? j/k

Seriously, thanks. Making a list of everyone and their powers for use when writing Ultimate-verse fanfic, because it's not (this being a lovely example) the same as 616 when it comes to their powers.

I thought that she was in top physical human condition. Kinda like Batman

my money's on a Russian equivilant to Captian America. Enhanced to hell and bach but with no true powers.

I'd say using the term equivalent would be a stretch or else there wouldnt be such a rush to match the serum that Steve Rogers took in the 40's.. I think she is obviously advanced but nowhere near CAptain's level.. also.. hehe.. I can believe the breast implant bit.. I mean.. how many Marvel men has she been with... quite a bit.. Wolvie, Stark... I know Spidey seemed kinda taken.. from what I read in Ultimate Xmen.. hehe

Yikes! I meant to say that I would like to see Black Widow turn out to be the Russian equivalent to that of Captain America. How fitting would that be?

I disagree.. part of the whole charm with cap is that he is cap and cap is what he is... he is and no one else is.. and the cap he is everyone likes and WANTS but no one can duplicate... which gete me thinking about another topic i will post.. anytime now..

I shouldn't have phrased it quite like that. What I ment was she's the Russian eqivilant to a Super Soilder Program graduate, not nessicaril on Caps level, but it stands to reason that if the US achived a Super Soilder in the early 1940s that Russia would begin a program to develop one as well, the arms race was probably a factor in the Ultimate timeline as well since it so closely mirrors our world as is. It would tie in nicely any Russian team that may appear in Ultimate Nightmare, or Ultimates 2.

<Cap> Widow, you know these guys?

<Widow> Um... The big guy and I had a thing once.

<Tony> Damnit!

Or there's the obvious fact that the Soviets were pretty much behind us in most everything technological, which could make the Black Widow the Soviet's best attempt at Captain America. Kinda reminds me of the training Apollo astronauts were given before the Apollo-Soyuz joint mission. "If it breaks down? Hit it." Ah, gotta love Russian Repairs. :)

I do like the term the Soviet's "best attempt" better than equivalent.. but I think that is what you are basically getting at there huh, Baxter?

Actually, I think we can discount Nightmare's program from being related to Widow's origin. Or the Soviets had two programs running without either knowing about the other.

I shouldn't have phrased it quite like that. What I ment was she's the Russian eqivilant to a Super Soilder Program graduate, not nessicaril on Caps level

That could make sense.

<Cap> Widow, you know these guys?

<Widow> Um... The big guy and I had a thing once.

<Tony> Damnit!

:lol:

You know what I would like to see? Black Widow actually betray the Ultimates... That would be really cool.

I would like to see that too. It would be crazy to see what would happen if the Ultimates fought Black Widow.

You mean other than the fact that Thor can fry her, Hank can stomp on her, Janet can sting her, Tony can fry her, Captain America can smack her down... etc? So... girl with unspecified enhancements that are likely a generic blend of strength/speed/agility against a god, a man piloting a battlesuit, a 60 foot tall man, a .25" unshootable woman, and the Super Soldier by which all other progess is measured? Oh, I see that getting real far for Black Widow. Uh huh.

Latest posts

Back