Blade, Fantastic Four and X-Men reboots announced!

marioxb

So another Luke Cage star is playing a new MCU character, with Mahershalaal Ali (Cottonmouth) playing as Blade. Looks like this might mean the Netflix shows were never really MCU, or they're being rectconned out of the MCU?

That would actually be fine with me. Personally, I'd prefer the whole MCU to be family friendly, that people of all ages can enjoy together. If they do make Blade (and Punisher, Deadpool) PG-13, they don't have to show all of the violence onscreen.

So another Luke Cage star is playing a new MCU character, with Mahershalaal Ali (Cottonmouth) playing as Blade. Looks like this might mean the Netflix shows were never really MCU, or they're being rectconned out of the MCU?

That would actually be fine with me. Personally, I'd prefer the whole MCU to be family friendly, that people of all ages can enjoy together. If they do make Blade (and Punisher, Deadpool) PG-13, they don't have to show all of the violence onscreen.
PG-13 Blade, Punisher and Deadpool?

I'd like to see a PG-13 Punisher because it would be funny to see this mass murder serial killer of criminals as a Winter Soldier rip-off.

Why should we sacrifice quality for families? Marvel is for everyone in the fact everybody will find something to love. If we take away that, what's the point?.

Okay, sure, it's your opinion, but it's not a retcon yet.

Last edited:
I'm just saying it COULD work either way. Just look at all these PG13 horror movies:

Fair enough, although horror isn't about blood or jumpscares. It's about tension, and no, horror films shouldn't be pg-13, in my opinion.

In the UK, Deadpool is rated 15, the same as Venom and Suicide Squad, which is odd. Alien vs Predator is pg-13.

Latest posts

Back