Bone

This is one of my favorite comic book series ever. I don't read much other than Marvel, so this is definitely my favorite non-Marvel story. I have the one-volume edition, and now they're releasing the volumes again in color, so if they ever make a one-volume HC edition, I'll probably think about getting it. :D

I keep looking at the One Voulume Edition, then putting it back. Maybe because I remember reading the begining serialized in Disney Adventures when I was a kid?

But it calls to me, oh yes it does....

Baxter said:
I keep looking at the One Voulume Edition, then putting it back. Maybe because I remember reading the begining serialized in Disney Adventures when I was a kid?

But it calls to me, oh yes it does....

Reading Disney Adventures is how I was introduced to Bone. :D

ultimatedjf said:
Reading Disney Adventures is how I was introduced to Bone. :D

Ditto

And I got the One Volume Edition, and its happy-making. The WHOLE thing for cheap = :D

If you haven't read it, READ IT! This is flat-out one of the best "comic" books out there, and I've been recommending it to every kid/teen at my library who a) I think would be even remotely interested, and b) doesn't run away fast enough. :D

Seriously, it's a great multi-layered story with compelling characters, drama, humor, and adventure. We have the all-in-one volume (it was donated), but I'm looking at getting the multi-volume set, too. (The single book is rather intimidating, and I think it's going to fall apart from the number of people reading it.)

Highly recommended!

It's Better Than Spongebob!

I love Bone. I read most of the volumes at my library and really enjoyed them. I've been meaning to get the One Volume for a while now.

ProjectX2 said:
It's Better Than Spongebob!
They don't even compare. Spongebob is a cartoon. :roll: Bone is like cultured cause it's like a graphic novel. Not a comic book mind you, a graphic novel. :crazy:

I agree, I first read Bone years ago and went out and picked up the single volumes. I got the first 8 volumes and the prequel "Stupid, Stupid Rat Tails: The Adventures of Big Johnson Bone, Frontier Hero" (never in my life did I expect to see a comic title Big Johnson Bone that wasn't exclusively aimed at adults). Still have to get the 9th volume, and the other prequel volume, "Rose".

One of the better comic stories of all time though.

This game looks alright, I'm not blown away by the graphics but it does a decent job and it looks interesting.

It was okay. I didn't like it as much as the normal series though.

Bone (Jeff Smith): SPOILERS

I've been aware of this one for a while, but never quite sure whether or not to track it down. That decision was made for me when I spotted the complete, one volume edition on amazon.com. 1344 pages; every Bone story printed (minus a couple of spinoffs), for a ridiculously paltry $25. I just had to buy that, and to say I wasn't dissapointed is a drastic understatement.

This. Book. Is. Just. Heavenly.

For those of you who haven't heard of it or read it, do yourself a favour, and do so. This is a perfect blend of humour, character, fantasy and imagination, all with a singular vision from the writer and artist Jeff Smith. Sod Peter Parker, Fone Bone is the true everyman in comics, and his adventures with love-to-hate-him Phoney Bone and love-to-love-him Smiley Bone are just nothing short of sublime. Not to mention the beautiful Thorn, sweet/frightening Rose, Lucius, the Great Red Dragon, Kingdok, Bartelby, Ted and Rockjaw!

It took me about 15 hours to read the whole thing, and while the fantasy story of the book is not exactly groundbreaking, and the mish mash of cartoon characters with swords and sorcery is a little odd in places, it's never jarring, and the book never fails to deliver on humour, thrills and adventure.

Highly recommended.

'STUPID, STUPID RAT CREATURES!!!'

Last edited:
Re: Bone (Jeff Smith): SPOILERS

I have that same edition, but I keep stalling and getting stuck somewhere in the middle. Can't remember why right now, but I'll definitely finish it someday.

I picked that up in the %50 off box at Philly. It was damn good, but the end was a ltitel underwhelming compaired to the rest. Not bad, just seemed like they were building something more epic. I'd deffinatly reccomend it.

I absolutely love Bone. It's so perfect.

I'm hoping one day we get a Bone movie. A trilogy actually. And 2-D animation, no CGI.

I've read the majority of it, but keep getting distracted. I'll buy it one day, because it's good fun.

Forgot to mention I finished the One Volume Edition the other night. It's absolutely beautiful. I was happy. I was sad. I was angry. I was better than all of the people who haven't read Bone.

Read it. I dare you.

I got the One Volume Edition. It cost like forty bucks, but that's cheaper than getting all nine (or is it twelve?) volumes one by one. I recommend checking out the first four from a library or borrowing them, then buying the OVE if you like them.

Incidentally, the rat creatures make a cameo in Ultimate Spider-Man 101, 102 and 104. See if you can find them!

Latest posts

Back