Boondocks-the Comic Book

Mavericker

Banned
Should Aaron McGruder turn his comic strip into a comic book? Does anyone think it would have a successful run?

Also: No.

The strip form lets him stay politically relevant... and I think it would lose something in being forced to have longer storylines.

I think it lost something from Strip to TV Show, and I think the same would ring true in a comic.

Also: No.

The strip form lets him stay politically relevant... and I think it would lose something in being forced to have longer storylines.

I think it lost something from Strip to TV Show, and I think the same would ring true in a comic.

Oh-but wait a minute-you said you don't read comics written by black people. :lol:

To answer the original question: No.

But if it were to come out in comic book form I'd definatley read it.

My reasons are the same as DSF. Now I wish Cartoon Network would get off their asses and get me my Boondocks Season 2!

Does anybody think Mavericker doesn't know what esoteric means, but will post a link to its definition in an attempt to dispute me?

esoteric-

Pronunciation
–adjective 1. understood by or meant for only the select few who have special knowledge or interest; recondite: poetry full of esoteric allusions.
2. belonging to the select few.
3. private; secret; confidential.
4. (of a philosophical doctrine or the like) intended to be revealed only to the initiates of a group: the esoteric doctrines of Pythagoras.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1645–55; < Gk esōterikós inner, equiv. to ester(os) inner + -ikos -ic]

—Related forms
es·o·ter·i·cal·ly, adverb

—Synonyms 1. abstruse, arcane, cryptic, enigmatic.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source es·o·ter·ic (ěs'ə-těr'ĭk) Pronunciation Key
adj.

Intended for or understood by only a particular group: an esoteric cult. See Synonyms at mysterious.
Of or relating to that which is known by a restricted number of people.
Confined to a small group: esoteric interests.
Not publicly disclosed; confidential.

Confined to a small group: esoteric interests.
Not publicly disclosed; confidential.

Last edited:
There's nothing, NOTHING, esoteric about Boondocks.

I realize I used the word yesterday or the day before and you probably couldn't wait to copy me, but it just doesn't fit this property.

There's nothing, NOTHING, esoteric about Boondocks.

I realize I used the word yesterday or the day before and you probably couldn't wait to copy me, but it just doesn't fit this property.

Don't flatter yourself-I wasn't copying you.

Latest posts

Back