Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

Re: Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhst

Doc, you have been own3d.

Man, have you guys seen how Borat is fairing on Rotten Tomatoes? Not only is it at 100%(albeit, with only 15 reviews, but still), but the general consenceous is that it's one of the funniest movies ever made.
I can't ****ing wait for this movie.

I haven't seen a good, falling-over, laugh-until-your-stomach-hurts comedy since The 40-Year-Old Virgin.

I've been reading reviews and have learned that the climax of the film apparently centers on a five minute, knock-down, drag-out, nude wrestling match between Borat and his 350 pound producer, involving total ball-to-face action.

Hot.

Despite only playing on 800 screens, Borat was #1 at the Box Office yesterday with 9 million dollars, and predictions had pegged Santa Clause 3 and Flushed Away at #1 and 2. Averaged over 10,000 dollars per location. If it makes 24 million dollars or more by Sunday, Borat will dethrone Fahrenheit 9/11 as the movie to have the biggest debut at under 1,000 screens.

And, since the film goes wide next weekend (2,200 screens overall), there's a very good chance of a second weekend on top.

By the way, my grade (for those of you lazy enough to not even look at my sig): A-

SANTA MONICA, California (AP) -- Two fraternity boys want to make lawsuit against "Borat" over their drunken appearance in the hit movie.

The legal action filed Thursday on their behalf claims they were duped into appearing in the spoof documentary "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan," in which they made racist and sexist comments on camera.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/11/10/film.boratlawsuit.ap/index.html

Yeah, they sue after it makes millions. Real stand-up. If they have bad standings in the community, I'd like to see them donate half their money to the community. There's no way this can hold.

For those who didnt see the movie, one of these guys talked about how they should bring back Slavery...

I dont see how any Jury can be sympathetic with them.

For those who didnt see the movie, one of these guys talked about how they should bring back Slavery...

Yeah, I'm sure he actually meant it too and thought he was actually joking around with a drunken Kazakhstani hitchhiker....who just happened to have his own camera crew with him.

This smells like a publicity stunt to me.

Re: Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhst

I dont see how any Jury can be sympathetic with them.

God.. Those kids should just be embarassed about the way they carry themselves, not the racist/sexist comments. Those kids represent every reason I don't like frat parties. I love it when stereotypes prove to be true.

That said, I did like the really fat one. He seemed genuinely interested in consoling Borat after they watch the tape.

"HIGH FIVE!!!"

This movie was so hilarious that I had to sprinkle myself with some Gypsy tears to keep from having a heart attack.

7/5, A+++

"HIGH FIVE!!!"

This movie was so hilarious that I had to sprinkle myself with some Gypsy tears to keep from having a heart attack.

7/5, A+++

Man, you really thought so?

I mean, I thought this was funny and all, but Clerks II and The 40-Year-Old Virgin(my favourite comedies of this and last year respectively) were about 5 times funnier.

Man, you really thought so?

I mean, I thought this was funny and all, but Clerks II and The 40-Year-Old Virgin(my favourite comedies of this and last year respectively) were about 5 times funnier.
I'd rank them

1. The 40-Year-Old Virgin
2. Borat

3. Clerks II

I thought it was damn funny.

I was also happy that I got my precious ball-to-face action.

BORAT star Sacha Baron Cohen was beaten up by a passer-by after he tried to play a prank as his alter ego.

He approached the man and said: "I like your clothings. Are nice! Please may I buying? I want have sex with it."

But the bystander didn't see the joke. He took one look at Cohen and punched him in the face.

The funnyman — known for his Borat catchphrase "Jagshemash!" — yelled for help but was slugged again and again.

He was rescued by actor pal Hugh Laurie who had been on his way to a New York bar with Cohen.

Laurie rushed to help and pushed the man away as Cohen struggled to his feet. A pal of Cohen said: "Sacha couldn't resist playing the fool as Borat, but picked on the wrong person.

"I guess this guy thought he was being attacked by someone unstable and lashed out. Sacha is very lucky he didn't get a much worse beating."

The incident took place after Laurie and Cohen appeared on the US TV show Saturday Night Live. The Brit comics were on their way to a late dinner when Laurie suggested they visit a bar in Manhattan.

Laurie, 47, told friends he feared Cohen was going to get badly beaten up. Luckily, 35-year-old Cohen did not receive any lasting scars.

Studio chiefs have warned Cohen to avoid pretending to be the spoof Kazakhstan TV reporter on the streets. Since the film was launched he has only appeared in character while promoting the movie on American television shows

Bah.....I haven't seen this yet but I'm not really hyped to see it either. I didn't find it that funny when it was on the Ali G show.....and I really don't know if I wanna commit a couple hours seeing this sketch dragged out.

I'd rather watch an Ali G movie.

I don't know. This movie was great and to just see peoples' reactions to him. it was awesome. Now he's being sued after getting millions and being number one in it's first two weeks.

I thought Borat on Da Ali G show wasn't funny... but I found the movie laugh out loud hilarious.

Latest posts

Back