Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

In the last bit of news I have that you guys will never believe (oh well), I live about 6 minutes (driving distance) from where the old Jewish couple live in their bed and breakfast. And no, they weren't from where Borat said they were. Yes, I still live in Massachusetts (as do they).

Now, if you are up on all your pop-culture news like me, then by using the internet, you can use this Borat info to figure out how my Office info (see Office thread) is true, using just one or two connections (i.e. you will have to think for a second or two :) ), thus solidifying the truthiness of all my (un)believable 'stories' I've reported to you today (well maybe not the one about Chris Evans :D ).

Anyways, if you're still following me, and you can't figure out the Borat/Office connection, I will be following up on my B. J. Novak encounter shortly.....

You know I finally caught this last month before it left the theaters.

I wasn't impressed. Seriously. It had some laughs to it----but no more than a funny episode of SNL or Dane Cook's "Vicious Circle".

But after about 45 minutes it started to wear thin.....

Re: Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhst

I watched this the other day. I enjoyed it. Very funny.

best scene was the bear in the ice cream van when the kids ran at it :lol:

But i still stay Alli Gi needs needs another movie

Re: Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhst

I watched this the other day. I enjoyed it. Very funny.

best scene was the bear in the ice cream van when the kids ran at it :lol:

No, the best was the bear's head in the fridge.

So people at work still go on and on about this film.....so I rented the DVD just to see if there was something I missed.

I didn't.

Aside from the bear/ice cream truck moment---this film stands as one of the worst I've ever seen. Ugh. It was seriously not funny.

If I want silly comedy like this....I'll go rent Jackass or Jackass 2. At least they were funny.

I predict the Bruno film he's doing won't be funny either.

ALI G or STFU!

I finally saw this.

It's one of the funniest movies I think I've ever seen. The naked fight was hilarious.

I finally saw this.

It's one of the funniest movies I think I've ever seen. The naked fight was hilarious.

I expected this to be one of those films that everyone except me would find funny, but I ended up enjoying it. It's not the 'funniest ****ing film I've ever seen in my life LOL!!!' but I can think of worse ways to spend two hours. The thing I noticed the most is that most of the 'staged' jokes (like the naked fight) were a lot funnier than the actual 'reality' jokes (like the bullfighting scene). However, having said that, the newsroom scene was gold. Solid gold. It's even a bit funnier (in a black comedy, mean sort of a way) when you find out that the person who booked Borat for the news show thought that he was a serious documentary-maker and ended up getting fired and she hasn't been able to find work since. :lol:

ALI G or STFU!

I preferred Ali G Indahouse and that was all a fictional movie with no reality aspects to it.

Last edited:
The new Sasha Baron Cohen movie looks funny (if it's actually getting made). It was originally called:

Brüno: Delicious Journeys Through America for the Purpose of Making Heterosexual Males Visibly Uncomfortable in the Presence of a Gay Foreigner in a Mesh T-Shirt.

Now it's just called Brüno.

I seen this for the first time today.

I loved it.

He put Pam Anderson in a pillowcase!

Latest posts

Back