Brian K. Vaughan's run on Ultimate X-Men OVER after Magnetic North

icemastertron said:
Is it really THAT important to worry about the spelling of his name? Come on people! The best writer the book has had is gone! GONE!

BKV, you have broken my heart... :cry:

(Still love your Runaways book, though! :D)

This from the guy who corrected my past spelling mistake with Vaughan's name.

I appreciate it though, I just never added the "a" for some reason, probably because when I'm thinking of the name in my mind, the "a" is silent so I tend to write it without. Overall I consider myself a competent speller, so its always good for someone to let me know if I'm screwing something up, its only going to help me in the long-run.

DIrishB said:
This from the guy who corrected my past spelling mistake with Vaughan's name.

I appreciate it though, I just never added the "a" for some reason, probably because when I'm thinking of the name in my mind, the "a" is silent so I tend to write it without. Overall I consider myself a competent speller, so its always good for someone to let me know if I'm screwing something up, its only going to help me in the long-run.
I didn't correct as in caring about it the way Guij seems to, but would just either mess around, or just let you know.

And besides, what I meant is why keep going on for so many posts about how to spell the name right and what not, when theres something more important than that. :)

I don't know why you're all freaking out about the spelling of Bryen Kay Vaun's name. :roll:

Goodwill said:
Wouldn't it be nice to see Warren Ellis write Ultimate X-Men?
Honestly, i don't think Ellis would be suited to it. Too many characters for him, and his speed of telling a story wouldn't have the right dynamic.

I feel Ellis is best a linear stories with a clear focus, whereas the X-men would need to be more multithreaded.

Guijllons said:
Ok, I have to ask.

Is there a reason why everyone spells Vaughan's name wrong?
Whatever it is, it's probably the same reason they spell his name Brian instead of Bryan.

ourchair said:
Whatever it is, it's probably the same reason they spell his name Brian instead of Bryan.

It is "Brian". Singer's name is spelled "Bryan".

Alright, here comes my noob question of the week. Bryan Singer's writing an arc? Or is he co-writing with whoever the mystery writer is? Or is this mystery writer going to do a mini-arc up until Singer can jump on board? This is what I get for not really following up on UXM.

Tenyuki said:
Alright, here comes my noob question of the week. Bryan Singer's writing an arc?
12 issues. Though really, he's not writting. He's plotting.

Tenyuki said:
Or is he co-writing with whoever the mystery writer is?
No, he's supposed to have his own "time" on the book. The 'mystery' writer is going to write the book starting in December up to next summer.

Tenyuki said:
Or is this mystery writer going to do a mini-arc up until Singer can jump on board? This is what I get for not really following up on UXM.
Look at answer above.

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to this. The only Vaughan stuff I've read so far is issue 54 and up. I've been digging it. It's sad to see a good writer go.

Geoff Johns would be AWESOME, but yeah... he's tangled with that Crisis stuff, no? How about the artist? Is Immonen staying on?

Tenyuki said:
Thanks. I'm really looking forward to this. The only Vaughan stuff I've read so far is issue 54 and up. I've been digging it. It's sad to see a good writer go.

Geoff Johns would be AWESOME, but yeah... he's tangled with that Crisis stuff, no? How about the artist? Is Immonen staying on?

But keep in mind, the Crisis ends in the early Spring... But I sincerely doubt he takes UXM...

Got a reminder of this guy when someone mentioned him on MW.

What if Olivier Coipel comes on as the artist? He WAS supposed to be on an arc before.

DIrishB said:
Good point, hasn't he worked on another Ultimate title before, or am I just confusing that with his scheduled run?
He did some covers for UXM that were never used, but one was recently used as a variant for #61.

He's currently doing House of M (main mini).

icemastertron said:
He's currently doing House of M (main mini).

I don't like he draws guys. Their jawlines are way too square and buff. I mean, I know we're talking about superheroes here, but still.

Tenyuki said:
I don't like he draws guys. Their jawlines are way too square and buff. I mean, I know we're talking about superheroes here, but still.
They look fine to me. But have you seen the cover he did of just the X-Men guys? They look good there.

Latest posts

Back