Brian Michael Bendis is Frank Black and Gail Simone is Kim Deal

Zombipanda

My Boom-Boom's mostly gay
I repeat. Brian Michael Bendis is Frank Black and Gail Simone is Kim Deal. They are the same people. This is fact.

FACT:
Bendis.jpg

800px-Frank_Black_WF.jpg

If you claim you can tell me which of these men is which without looking at the name of the picture or guessing, then you're a liar.

FACT:
73761283.jpg

Gail_Simone%2C_2007.jpg

"HOLY ****!" you must be saying! Those photos of Janis Joplin were obviously made using camera technology that wasn't around until after Joplin's death! That's right. Gail Simone, Janis Joplin, and Kim Deal are all the same person. She's obviously some sort of trans-temporally reincarnating spirit.

FACT:
Gail Simone and Brian Michael Bendis hate each other. Kim Deal and Frank Black hate each other. By the transitive properties, this means that Gail Simone hates Frank Black, Kim Deal hates Brian Michael Bendis, Frank Black hates Gail Simone, Brian Michael Bendis hates Kim Deal, Janis Joplin hates Brian Michael Bendis AND Frank Black (who both hate her), and (for some reason) Janis Joplin hates Gail Simone.

FACT:
The Invisibles are real.

Dude! I don't care what you're smoking, *need* a hit of it.

ALSO:
The Janis Joplin comparison pic is not showing, if you indeed posted one.

ALSO:
I can't think of an appropriate pun to make.

I was listening to a Frank Black song when I pulled this thread up.

Weeeeeeeeeeeird.....

FACT:
Gail Simone and Brian Michael Bendis hate each other. Kim Deal and Frank Black hate each other. By the transitive properties, this means that Gail Simone hates Frank Black, Kim Deal hates Brian Michael Bendis, Frank Black hates Gail Simone, Brian Michael Bendis hates Kim Deal, Janis Joplin hates Brian Michael Bendis AND Frank Black (who both hate her), and (for some reason) Janis Joplin hates Gail Simone.
Yeah... not sure who half those people are...

Yeah... not sure who half those people are...

Gail Simone writes lots for DC

Frank Black and Kim deal used to be in pixies before they broke up. Bit of a falling out. (note he was known as black francis back then)

Anyway Frank Black's had loads of albums since, and is probably one of my fave artists. I think he's more like the anti-bendis and Kim Deal is the anti-gail simone. Like the evil twins if you will.

pixies reformed last year for a tour at least...EDIT - actually 4 years ago! - but haven't done any new recordings

Last edited:
Gail Simone writes lots for DC

Frank Black and Kim deal used to be in pixies before they broke up. Bit of a falling out. (note he was known as black francis back then)

Anyway Frank Black's had loads of albums since, and is probably one of my fave artists. I think he's more like the anti-bendis and Kim Deal is the anti-gail simone. Like the evil twins if you will.

pixies reformed last year for a tour at least...

Ah, got it.

Pixies are the second greatest band in the history of music, second only to the Beatles.

pixies reformed last year for a tour at least...EDIT - actually 4 years ago! - but haven't done any new recordings

Not totally true - they did an iTunes exclusive track called "Bam Thwok" and a remake of "Ain't That Pretty At All" for a Warren Zevon tribute album. "Bam Thwok" is fantastic, "Ain't That Pretty..." not so much so.

Pixies are the second greatest band in the history of music, second only to the Beatles.

I'd agree with this. Though I think Eels, Joy Division and Smiths might be my favourites.

Not totally true - they did an iTunes exclusive track called "Bam Thwok" and a remake of "Ain't That Pretty At All" for a Warren Zevon tribute album. "Bam Thwok" is fantastic, "Ain't That Pretty..." not so much so.

I will check that out. So what did Bendis and Simone collaborate on that's so secret? - was it secret invasion - is simone really a skrull?

you know, i've always been pretty unimpressed with the pixies as album artists. they have a bunch of great songs, sure, but some of them just STINK! but that's just me i think... most people like them a lot. :/

Latest posts

Back