Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (Wii/ps2)

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Oh yes , Just like this time last year a new "Sparking!" game has been announced "Sparking! METEOR" Which I'm 99% sure like the previous ones will get called "Budokai Tenkaichi" outside of Japan.

As you can see there is 3 new characters- King Vegeta , King Cold and Nail. Expect more soon!

I guess I don't have to get 2 then.

I guess I don't have to get 2 then.

:lol: Still get 2 , till 3 comes out in November , The story-mode will be different as they changed style from 1 to 2 so logically 3 will have a new story mode which is cool.

Atari, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATAR) one of the world's most recognized brands and a third-party video game publisher, today announced that Dragon Ball Z(R): Budokai Tenkaichi(TM) 3 is in development for Wii(TM) and PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system. Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 combines the lightning fast fighting and action that have made Budokai Tenkaichi 1 and Budokai Tenkaichi 2 the #1 fighting games of 2005 and 2006. Developed by NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc. / Spike, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is slated to release during the 2007 holiday season.

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 delivers an extreme 3D fighting experience, improving upon last year's game with over 150 playable characters, enhanced fighting techniques, beautifully refined effects and shading techniques, making each character's effects more realistic, and over 20 battle stages. In addition, an improved control system for the Wii will allow players to easily mimic signature moves and execute devastating energy attacks as they are performed in the Dragon Ball Z animated series.

"Atari is incredibly excited to offer the ultimate chapter in the Budokai Tenkaichi series with over 20 new characters that have never been seen in any other DBZ video games such as Nail, King Cold and King Vegeta and battle stages that fans will love," said Emily Anadu, Senior Product Manager, Atari, Inc. "Each year, the developers refine the game to bring fans closer to feeling like they are actually playing the show."

In addition to the unprecedented number of characters and improved Wii control system, the environments have also been enhanced to feature day and night stages. The power of the moon in the night stages gives players additional ways to transform their characters and lets fans recreate some of their favorite memories from the show.

Nice. The night time effecting transformations must be why 1st picture we see Bardock looking at the moon. Next picture (or one infront if you don't look at it from right to left) he is in his Ôzaru form

Wonder what attacks King vegeta will have...since he never really fought in the show

And i wonder if King cold will be able to transform

and isnt neil basicly the same a piccolo

Wonder what attacks King vegeta will have...since he never really fought in the show

And i wonder if King cold will be able to transform

and isnt neil basicly the same a piccolo

yeah.

King vegeta most likely will have the same moves as Vegeta when he first came to earth with maybe one of Bardock's thrown in.

King Cold i'm 99% sure will not transform as he never did in anything else and is basically Freiza's second form

Nail is like you said piccolo pretty much.

The idea been they are going for one BIG game before I think the'll stop with the Budokai Tenkaichi series. So they are having every character they possibly can. Expect some to be more Dragonball characters (i'll guess king piccolo even if he is in second game in japan and europe and littler krillen) and GT ones (e,g little gt goku)

one thing is for sure though , This one will kick *** and their are rumours about them working on another dragonball game for Wii that is NOT a fighting game , My hopes is a 3d version of the legacy of goku rpg's , Also the MMORPG of dragonball z is coming on pc and 360

I hope it still has the feature in 2.

In 2 for wii you could play with Wiimote or cube pad. I play with cube pad as I don't like Wiimote controls for fighting games

New photo

DBZBT3.jpg

I like the fact they gave King cold Trunk's sword since the only attack we see him do is this

5.jpg

after he borrowed trunk's sword

Ugh. It took me forever to unlock everything in 2. Now I have to do it again?! Dammit.

Ugh. It took me forever to unlock everything in 2. Now I have to do it again?! Dammit.

:lol: yeah but it's worth it. 2 is my current most played game.

Won't the info just transfer?

No , normally (or on some) DBZ games all a previous game save gets you is either a) a thing that lets you buy rarer skills ect.. or an item.

Damn, i gonna have one unhappy customer.

Ahhh but look at this way young Hibiki , Going through story mode is Different style each year. Plus unlocking everyone gives you something to do. Playing a fighting game with NO unlockable characters or only one or two extras sucks.

Rejoice in the third game.

Ahhh but look at this way young Hibiki , Going through story mode is Different style each year. Plus unlocking everyone gives you something to do. Playing a fighting game with NO unlockable characters or only one or two extras sucks.

Rejoice in the third game.

tell that to the guy who spent three months and then some customizing all the characters.

According to a post on the official Atari community forum, the US releases and European releases (PS2 & Wii) will be featuring the original Japanese cover art! This marks the first time that all three regions are getting the exact same art (minus the logo to compensate for name changes).

Double posting only to separate news.

New charracters confirmed via theses scans

Latest posts

Back