Buzzscope offers 7-page preview of Ultimate Spider-Man #82

I wonder how they're going to tie in the whole thing with kitty and him dating. I just can't see him telling Black Cat that he can't, because he's in a committed relationship. I mean have you seen that costume. :eek:

I think this annual is after the whole Warriors Arc. Because Peter told Kitty that he socked Nick Fury a couple of weeks back. But I could and most likely be wrong.

the watcher said:
I think this annual is after the whole Warriors Arc. Because Peter told Kitty that he socked Nick Fury a couple of weeks back. But I could and most likely be wrong.

Or he could just be bragging about shouting at him at the end of the Hobgoblin arc, and let himself get carried away...

TheManWithoutFear said:
But Peter did hit Fury at the end Hobgoblin. He didn't just yell at him. He punched him in the face? So what are we on about here?

He yelled at him at the end of "Venom". Maybe he was talking about both events.

I thought it was talking about the punch in the face after Hobgoblin. There can't be any other situation Peter's talking about... The timing was off to me, but what is he going to say? I hit him a few days ago? I don't think people would buy that, either. Week sounds better.

UltimateE said:
Is this the first time we've seen Kong's full name? We knew it was Kenny but I can't remember if we ever had a last name...
If I'm not mistaken, the first time Kong's given name is ever mentioned is in USM 14, which was something dorky like "Clifford".

It seems at some point later that Bendis pulls a Bendis (that is to say an unintentional retcon like the ones that happen in Powers) and gets the name wrong and refers to him as "Kenny" from thereon.

I think that might've happened in USM Super Special, when Kong gives his pro-Punisher homework report. In fact, the first time I read USM Super Special, I thought it wasn't Kong but some other kid, because he didn't seem as chunky as he appears in other stories.

The Captain said:
I dont think that will happen, but i think it would be interesting if it did.

well, here's the deal. Bendis killed off characters before "their time" sorta... so why not have a character turn on SM "before her time". Everyone thinks it's not the right timeing but I think it's exactly what Bendis would do... before or while we're gettin attached to a great character make her turn on us.

TheManWithoutFear said:
well, here's the deal. Bendis killed off characters before "their time" sorta... so why not have a character turn on SM "before her time". Everyone thinks it's not the right timeing but I think it's exactly what Bendis would do... before or while we're gettin attached to a great character make her turn on us.

I kind of agree, it also distances itself that much more from rehashing 616 stories. They shouldn't follow any 616 guidelines in this sense, otherwise thats what ends up happening: straight rehash. If it was a totally original character with no 616 version, we'd have less of an opinion on when she dies (if she even does at all).

now that i reread the issue, that is still kinda unlikely overall to me, but i can see it happening...i think there is a page even in the preview where dewolfe is asking other cops if spidey was responsible for stuff going on. The aliance with black cat probably wont make him look any better either, but we'll see.

The Captain said:
now that i reread the issue, that is still kinda unlikely overall to me, but i can see it happening...i think there is a page even in the preview where dewolfe is asking other cops if spidey was responsible for stuff going on. The aliance with black cat probably wont make him look any better either, but we'll see.

good point on the Black Cat alliance and the public and police's reaction to it.

Latest posts

Back