Buzzscope previews Ultimate Fantastic Four #25

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
TheManWithoutFear said:
Preview here

Johnny's such an idiot and it annoys me to read anyone like that. Looks like Mom's infatuated with Namor. Preview showed nothing... I hope the issue's good.

Cool. I wouldn't say Mrs. Storm is infatuated with Namor, least not from that preview only. I do like the quick jump to action with this issue, after last issue's setting up the story. I expect this to mostly be a fight issue, probably continuing into the next issue, with either a resolution in the form of an alliance or a new enemy (probably the latter with the news of Ultimate Invasion for next year).
 

Guijllons

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
4,077
Location
A quaint English Village
That looks quite entertaining. And I'd certainly say that Mrs. Storm does look like she's infatuated with Namor.

Are we going to see her get passed over for her daughter? Oh yes, I do think so.
 

Goodwill

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
12,818
Location
Philadelphia, PA
I'm really bothered by this preview. Millar has really dumbed down this title to the point where it's not fun anymore. Not that Ellis' arcs were essentially elementary at their core, but Millar's predate those years... He's going at a more kindergarten level enthusiasm with these stories. I am annoyed that Johnny is reacting the way he is, and I do not like the dialogue between Mr. and Mrs. Storm. It's weak. I don't know what the hype about Millar is, even with the Ultimates. I don't really care for his writing style.
 

MaxwellSmart

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2004
Messages
3,335
Location
SoCal
I like the art for Johnny. It's almost total orangish-yellow and black, which looks surprisingly bad a**.

I stand by my initial assessment that Mary Storm is an uncaring, heartless b****.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
icemastertron said:
Preview looked alright to me, artwise. Still love Land's art. Hate Johnny's hair.
And now that I have actually read it....


WTF?

Namor comes out and suddenly Johnny attacks him? WHY?! That made no sense. The mothers expression didn't go right with what she said.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
Goodwill said:
Johnny attacks Namor, man... That's more stupid.
I can see maybe if Namor started attacking the ship or something, but he didnt do anything!! There was no reason for Johnny to attack. :noway:
 

Goodwill

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
12,818
Location
Philadelphia, PA
I know... Like, Mr. and Mrs. Storm shrugged that off, too... They weren't all "Johnny why are you a retard?" they stood there and talked about who that person Johnny was fighting was. Stupid. Millar is stupid.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
icemastertron said:
Preview looked alright to me, artwise. Still love Land's art. Hate Johnny's hair.

I agree.

Guijllons said:
That looks quite entertaining. And I'd certainly say that Mrs. Storm does look like she's infatuated with Namor.

I'm not saying its not the case, just didn't pick that up from the preview pages.

Are we going to see her get passed over for her daughter? Oh yes, I do think so.

Most definitly.

Goodwill said:
I'm really bothered by this preview. Millar has really dumbed down this title to the point where it's not fun anymore. Not that Ellis' arcs were essentially elementary at their core, but Millar's predate those years... He's going at a more kindergarten level enthusiasm with these stories. I am annoyed that Johnny is reacting the way he is, and I do not like the dialogue between Mr. and Mrs. Storm. It's weak. I don't know what the hype about Millar is, even with the Ultimates. I don't really care for his writing style.

Thats because you're a Communist.

Spade said:
so who do you guys think is burried in the tomb of Namor? the synopsis makes it sound like someone else!

I'm pretty sure it was just Namor.

icemastertron said:
I can see maybe if Namor started attacking the ship or something, but he didnt do anything!! There was no reason for Johnny to attack.

It was a pretty weak reason, but I assume it was due to them losing contact with Sue, Ben, and Reed last issue, and knowing it was directly connected to Namor (since they were tracking him on radar heading right at them). Isn't the first time they swung first and asked questions later.
 

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
25,007
Mary Storm looks happy her daughter and friends could be dead somewhere in the Ocean. She doesn't even care about Johnny. I agree with Ice, Namor should have attacked the ship, causing Johnny to attack him.
 

Lynx

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2005
Messages
4,489
Location
Orlando, FL
Johnny attacked Namor because he's a hot head. That's it.










Damn, that pun sucked.
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
Lynx said:
Johnny attacked Namor because he's a hot head. That's it.

Damn, that pun sucked.

No it didn't, because it's true. It's part of the character. He IS a "hothead" and he HAS reacted without thinking in the past.

Not real hard to understand. :roll:
 

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
25,007
UltimateE said:
No it didn't, because it's true. It's part of the character. He IS a "hothead" and he HAS reacted without thinking in the past.

Not real hard to understand. :roll:

I'm sure if someone he hadn't seen before emerged out of a shop he wouldn't attack them though...
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
ProjectX2 said:
I'm sure if someone he hadn't seen before emerged out of a shop he wouldn't attack them though...

I would hope not.

A guy jumping up out of the ocean is a little bit different though.
 

Latest posts

Top