Buzzscope previews Ultimate Secret #4

Fredrik Martinsson

Formerly known as Ultimate Warrior
Buzzscope has posted a 4 page preview (including the cover) of Ultimate Secret #4.

The original solicitation reads:

ULTIMATE SECRET #4

COVER BY: STEVE MCNIVEN
WRITER: WARREN ELLIS
PENCILS: TOM RANEY
INKS: SCOTT HANNA
COLORED BY: MORRY HOLLOWELL
LETTERED BY: CHRIS ELIOPOULOS

THE STORY: While the Kree shock troops send regiment after regiment to strike at the secret S.H.I.E.L.D. facility, the Ultimates and the Ultimate Fantastic Four infiltrate the alien mothership to learn who—or what—Gah Lak Tus is! And believe us when we say they get more than they bargained for!

32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP …$2.99

PRICE: $2.99
IN STORES: 10-26-2005

Nothing too great... looks like the ground actions pretty good and luckily there doesn't seem to be enough dialogue to ruin their characterization like the last issue. I like Fury eyein' up Torch. This might lead into the question of how SHIELD feels about the FF once and for all.

I feel some weird with Thor there. I mean they better show some of Fury's thinkin' he's crazy in this issue too because the things he does is such a help to the team.

Lame mothership. :? Too bad we didn't get to see what's goin on with Reed & Co.

Looking forward to it...

The previews man strikes again!

The ship looks cool, though it kinda looks like a gian monster, lol.

chanzero said:
man you guys are fast lol. i just posted that!
Gotta be careful with Ultimate Warrior. Faster than a speeding bullet.

No wait, wrong person. But he's still fast. :D

Last edited:
I don't like the mothership.

McNiven would've done it better. :(

Mothership's lame, Natasha's skanky, and it looks good. Everyone loves fighting aliens! The only thing that could make this better is if they were nazis!

Oh wait....

Caduceus said:
Mothership's lame, Natasha's skanky, and it looks good. Everyone loves fighting aliens! The only thing that could make this better is if they were nazis!

Oh wait....
Hahahaha! :lol:

Last edited:
I'm not sure what Natascha is supposed to do with two pistols in this situation. She should be packing some heavier artillery or SHIELD prototype.

I know Tony is a brain, but Natascha is a spy. With both Marh Vehl and Reed already going up, the air pirates crew already have the brain part of the mission well covered. It would have been a lot smarter to send Natascha up in the mothership with Hawkeye to help with the infiltration and have Ironman down on the ground to kill the hordes of Alien.

But meh, I'm not as smart as Fury so what do I know.

I wonder how much noise Tony does when he walk around in that power armor of his, though. And how acute the hearing of the Kree is.

---

It just occurs to me that Johhny probably should burn his hair everytime he flame on... :lol: He always look bald when he flames on and his hair are back next panel when the flame are out. Just sayin.

Last edited:
I liked the mothership. . .Still, I'm all for this because we finally will know what Gah Lak Tus is and what it does.

E.Vi.L. said:
I know Tony is a brain, but Natascha is a spy. With both Marh Vehl and Reed already going up, the air pirates crew already have the brain part of the mission well covered. It would have been a lot smarter to send Natascha up in the mothership with Hawkeye to help with the infiltration and have Ironman down on the ground to kill the hordes of Alien.
Unfortunately, this leads me to believe that we'll be seeing a bull**** Independence Day-style cop-out ending, with the super-brains figuring out some kind of technological Achilles Heel in the Kree's defense systems that will cut off their ground forces, exploiting it via that Portable All-Purpose Plot Device that Tony calls his armor. I do expect a little more creativity from Ellis, ordinarily. But in the case of this series, i'll lower my standards a notch :p

Last edited:
you're kidding, right? tony can't be quiet? then why would his armor have a cloaking device, sound dampeners, gps satellite, inbuild spy cameras, hydraulically controlled light tubes, sleep gas, amnesia dust, force field, psychic dampener, psychic cloak, heat supressants, swiss army knife, enemy uniform, and a cardboard box to hide under?

iceman said:
you're kidding, right? tony can't be quiet? then why would his armor have a cloaking device, sound dampeners, gps satellite, inbuild spy cameras, hydraulically controlled light tubes, sleep gas, amnesia dust, force field, psychic dampener, psychic cloak, heat supressants, swiss army knife, enemy uniform, and a cardboard box to hide under?

Well, damn. My view of Tony just went down a notch. He's just a very expensive Solid Snake.

At first, I thought the oiling of Torch was said by Nick Fury.

I was admittedly, slightly freaked out by that.

Latest posts

Back