Buzzscope previews Ultimate Spider-Man #86

Fredrik Martinsson

Formerly known as Ultimate Warrior
Buzzscope has posted a 5 page (including the cover) preview of Ultimate Spider-Man #86.

The original solicitation reads:

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #86

COVER BY: MARK BAGLEY
WRITER: BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
PENCILS: MARK BAGLEY
INKS: SCOTT HANNA
COLORED BY: J. D. SMITH
LETTERED BY: CHRIS ELIOPOULOS

THE STORY: "SILVER SABLE" Part 1 (of 5)
The head of Roxxon Oil sics the world's greatest mercenary, Silver Sable, on Spider-Man to learn why the webspinner has targeted Roxxon on his nightly patrols. How violently Ms. Sable wants to handle the situation is strictly up to her. Spinning out of the Ultimate Spider-Man video game (written and designed by our longstanding team of Bendis and Bagley!), Ultimate Silver Sable might be the most dangerous foe Spidey has ever faced! Plus— Who is Ultimate Omega Red?
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.50

32 pages.
PRICE: $2.50
IN STORES: 11-16-2005

:sick:

Hopefully he doesn't ruin the story.

Here I thought Bendis and Bagely had hit their stride again.

Guess I was wrong! Seriously, it's time for a new team. . .

Last edited:
Lynx said:
Here I thought Bendis and Bagely had hit their stride again.

Guess i was wrong! Seriosuly, it'd time for a new team. . .

Um, I'm not seeing anything in those four or five pages which deserve immediate firing for the whole creative team... What's wrong with them exactly?

Nick MB said:
Um, I'm not seeing anything in those four or five pages which deserve immediate firing for the whole creative team... What's wrong with them exactly?
Well, Omega Red has been regulated to a thug, which is a terrible mistake. It's not just those pages, it's been half the damn run. Warriors is good, but it's been the first good run in a long time.

Yet another unimaginative Ultimisation by Bendis and Bagley, they really should try harder, it isn't a difficult thing to do. At least Omega Red's costume could change for the better, something a little less obvious.

Y'know, I really do not understand why they can't do it better. It's so damn easy to do. I'm not going to let that point go.

Well you cant really say he's been reduced to a thug because we dont know his agenda yet. I cant see anything wrong with these first 4 pages. The only thing different is that we get action right from the beginning

Seriously unwarranted negativity. The Wrecking Crew are already more interesting than their 616 counterparts. While I can't say much about Omega Red since I'm not familiar with him, his two pages of dialogue are not a platform on which to build your soapbox to denounce the current teams efforts. I'm still enjoying USM, and this looks to be a worthy purchase.

randomthoughts said:
Seriously unwarranted negativity. The Wrecking Crew are already more interesting than their 616 counterparts. While I can't say much about Omega Red since I'm not familiar with him, his two pages of dialogue are not a platform on which to build your soapbox to denounce the current teams efforts. I'm still enjoying USM, and this looks to be a worthy purchase.

I'm not on a soapbox. Even if I was, it wouldn't just be about this preview. It would be about the mediocrity the title has suffered since Venom (Exceptions being Hollywood and Warriors). I'll still read it, if not just to see where Bendis and Bags take Deadpool, the Clone Saga and the Parker Legacy arcs.

And whoever said they didn't regulate him to a thug, I hope so. But he certainly semed like it in the preview. Maybe a thug with an agenda, but still a thug.

Wrecking Crew does look intresting, however.

Last edited:
I dare say that his costume looks more ridiculous than his 616 counterpart's. I'm also guessing that his whips aren't made out of Carbonadium since they seem leathery and flexible.

Last edited:
Nick MB said:

I certainly don't think any preview is bad enough to call for the firing of the creative team, especially B&B (who have earned the right to not be perfect in my book), buuuuuut.....

Guijllons said:
unimaginative

Exactly.

I'm seeing a lot of negativity on these boards lately. Lighten up guys, this doesn't look so bad.

I like thugs. Not every frigging criminal is a mastermind. And I have zero attachment to Omega Red because I don't have a clue of who he was in 616.

So let's get in on!

Latest posts

Back