Cable/Deadpool Series Discussion (Spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Welp, E neglected to make a Cable/Deadpool thread. *Sigh*

Anyway, I feel bad about skipping over #19 and not giving it a chance. But I was surfing and uncannyxmen.net had a good summary. I'm definitely gonna go back and re-read this. #8 for the week :? (I guess I'll read 4 in one store and 4 in the other)

Anyway, here it is.

UncannyXmen.net said:
Brief Description:
After recent events, Cable's body has been rejuvenated but is rapidly ageing towards his regular age. Deadpool decides to do him a favor and takes him to Intercourse, Pennsylvania. Deadpool is disappointed to see the place doesn't live up to its name and takes Cable into a bar, where the two of them tell each other about the events that formed their lives focusing on the events on their seventeenth birthday. Cable tries to figure out if he and Deadpool chose their way of life or if those choices were made for them by circumstances. Cable's story is about the future where he and another soldier infiltrate a factory that created nannites. The nannites were implanted in his soldiers, making them walking bombs. Inside the factory, Cable discovers that his fellow soldier has been infected and the man panics and runs towards Cable's troops. Cable is forced to detonate the bombs inside the man. Deadpool's story is about his childhood as the son of a military man. His mother died when he was five and after Wade claims that his father turned to alcohol and became abusive and that his father got killed in a bar fight. Cable doesn't believe this and, in Deadpool's min's eye, the true story is revealed: Wade himself turned to violence and vandalism. In a bar Wade is hanging with his friends, getting drunk and harassing an old man, when his father comes in, sober and in uniform and wanting to take him home. One of his friends hits his father with a beer bottle and grabs his gun. Wade tries to take the gun away from him, but accidentally makes his friend shoot. The shot hits Deadpool's father and Wade watches his father die.

For the full summary Click Here

TheManWithoutFear said:
Welp, E neglected to make a Cable/Deadpool thread. *Sigh*

Anyway, I feel bad about skipping over #19 and not giving it a chance. But I was surfing and uncannyxmen.net had a good summary. I'm definitely gonna go back and re-read this. #8 for the week :? (I guess I'll read 4 in one store and 4 in the other)

(you need me to teach you about the evils of downloading comics, apparently...)

The issue is quite good, as both Cable and Deadpool tell each other not-quite-true versions of their stories. Since I am not a Cable fan, I had a hard time telling what the heck his story was about - Nicieza assumed I knew Cable's back history, which I don't, though I am very familiar with Deadpool.

The last scene of this issue, after they've told each other the untrue versions of their story, is the two of them, standing on the road, staring at each other.
DP: So--?
Cable: The truth.
DP: You first.

Then they turn and walk down the road together, into the darkening evening. Very touching.

Rhyo said:
(you need me to teach you about the evils of downloading comics, apparently...)
Can I download any comic I want?

Rhyo said:
The last scene of this issue, after they've told each other the untrue versions of their story, is the two of them, standing on the road, staring at each other.
DP: So--?
Cable: The truth.
DP: You first.

Then they turn and walk down the road together, into the darkening evening. Very touching.
Ah... makes sense now. I saw on other places of the net people thinking there were editorial mistakes because Deadpool's mother is stil alive. So the whole comic was a lie?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Can I download any comic I want?

this we will take to PM to avoid annoying the site mods. The answer to your question is: sort of.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Ah... makes sense now. I saw on other places of the net people thinking there were editorial mistakes because Deadpool's mother is stil alive. So the whole comic was a lie?

Not a lie, they just told their stories... selectively. You actually see what really happened, even as they tell their versions. According to THIS comic, anyway, Deadpool's mother is very definitely dead. She dies in a hospital when Wade is quite young, and that's when the troubles start between Wade and his father, as Wade starts acting up.

My impression from reading other Deadpool volumes (pretty sure I've read almost all the solo DP back stories) was that both his parents were dead.

Rhyo said:
Not a lie, they just told their stories... selectively. You actually see what really happened, even as they tell their versions. According to THIS comic, anyway, Deadpool's mother is very definitely dead. She dies in a hospital when Wade is quite young, and that's when the troubles start between Wade and his father, as Wade starts acting up.

My impression from reading other Deadpool volumes (pretty sure I've read almost all the solo DP back stories) was that both his parents were dead.

Ic... I'm a big fan of Deadpool but only read a few earlier issues so to me there were no continuity problems. Someone on Comixfan said something about the parents both being alive. So I have no idea. I'm still gonna go back and read this somewhere.

Cable/Deadpool #20

The funniest issue of C/DP I have ever read.

Deadpool's interaction with the B.A.D. Girls is great as always I liked the nod to the Rachael Summers costume in this one too. I wish I had the issue so I could properly quote some of the hilarious lines. But damn this was soo good.

Cable killed the mood completely until he became intriguing when Johann asked him about taking over the world.

Back to Deadpool being funny and working on getting some disk. It seems to me that The Cat is hiding in the shadows.

Best part was the final page.... HEROES FOR HIRE!!! "SWEET CHRISTMAS!! I'm gonna get a whuppin'!"

6/5

Meh, I tried reading the first 18 issues but it doesn't appeal to me. Deadpool deserves his own solo title though.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Nooooo! You can't tell me the Burnt Offering wasn't awesome....

The art was cool. The story was just too weird for me. So I deleted it.

Today's issue was hilarious. I could quote this comic as if it were "Old School" or "Napolean Dynamite". Seriously there was just too much.

I was confused to what the Black Box wanted until the final panel when he was hooked up to the entire internet. I think it was funny how they never really explained what he was after right away.

Why aren't you reading this?

5/5

Spider-Man-Deadpool01.jpg

this cover is going to make me start to get this.

CABLE/DEADPOOL #24
Written by FABIAN NICIEZA
Pencils & Cover by PATRICK ZIRCHER
It's DEADPOOL vs. SPIDER-MAN!! It's the wisecracking face-off of a lifetime-a veritable smart#$% smackdown! What brought them together? We're not telling! Who will win? Hopefully, Spidey, since at the least he'd let DP keep breathing. Wait-what's that you ask? Of course there's a REASON why they're fighting...and it's guaranteed to make sense!
But does it matter? It's DEADPOOL vs. SPIDER-MAN!!
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP...$2.99

thee great one said:
Spider-Man-Deadpool01.jpg

this cover is going to make me start to get this.

CABLE/DEADPOOL #24
Written by FABIAN NICIEZA
Pencils & Cover by PATRICK ZIRCHER
It's DEADPOOL vs. SPIDER-MAN!! It's the wisecracking face-off of a lifetime-a veritable smart#$% smackdown! What brought them together? We're not telling! Who will win? Hopefully, Spidey, since at the least he'd let DP keep breathing. Wait-what's that you ask? Of course there's a REASON why they're fighting...and it's guaranteed to make sense!
But does it matter? It's DEADPOOL vs. SPIDER-MAN!!
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP...$2.99
YES! :twisted:

Well, I've got V1, and I'll be picking up V2 and V3 on wnesday. Hopefuly it doesn't suck. If it does I blame MWoF.

I'm getting Burnt Offering with my Dec comics. But I havn't decided if I want to trade this series or single it. I really want to read the issue.

I downloaded the first 17 issues and read the "Looks Can Kill" arc and loved it. I love Deadpool's humor. Cable kicks so much *** also. I'm going to read the rest. I'm going to follow this series in trade, I would like to get singles and I might still. Now I'm getting Hulk and Cable/Deadpool. Now I need Bendis' DD run and I'll have all MWoF's series.

Last edited:
thee great one said:
I downloaded the first 17 issues and read the "Looks Can Kill" arc and loved it. I love Deadpool's humor. Cable kicks so much *** also. I'm going to read the rest. I'm going to follow this series in trade, I would like to get singles and I might still. Now I'm getting Hulk and Cable/Deadpool. Now I need Bendis' DD run and I'll have all MWoF's series.
Good news TGO.

Just got done with Burnt Offering......:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

This arc was better than the first. The Sliver Surfer showing up was like HOLY ****! That was a good twist. I would like Racheal's and Cable's realtionship devloped more. The scene between Cyclops and Cable was good. Deadpool was hilarous. His x-men scenes were really good. I liked his X-men costume, but I like his original better. But maybe I like his Marvel Girl oufit. :shifty: Maybe not.
I really like this series enought to get it monthly now. The best part was Cable talking to Deadpool about beliving in him. Awesome.

Last edited:
thee great one said:
Just got done with Burnt Offering......:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

This arc was better than the first. The Sliver Surfer showing up was like HOLY ****! That was a good twist. I would like Racheal's and Cable's realtionship devloped more. The scene between Cyclops and Cable was good. Deadpool was hilarous. His x-men scenes were really good. I liked his X-men costume, but I like his original better. But maybe I like his Marvel Girl oufit. :shifty: Maybe not.
I really like this series enought to get it monthly now. The best part was Cable talking to Deadpool about beliving in him. Awesome.
Agreed on all acounts. The Burnt Offering is a trade I highly recommend to everyone.

Latest posts

Back