Calling All Batman Fans (I need some help!)

sephwells

Hey all! Here's the lowdown; I've recently fallen in love with all things Batman. I've been a longtime Marvel fan, only having dabbled in DC all throughout growing up- recently, I decided to attempt to properly delve into the DCEU, starting with Batman films. I got hooked, and went on to read Batman: Year One. After much searching online, I haven't found a definitive answer as to what I should read next. Of course, I'm aware it's a complicated question; there is no 'definitive' chronological order in which to read Batman comics. Eventually I figured I ought to just try and directly get some opinions from other, more knowledgeable fans.

Does anyone have some good suggestions for what comics to read after Batman: Year One? Or, even better, does anyone have any compiled reading lists they'd suggest for someone getting into Batman/DC?

Hey all! Here's the lowdown; I've recently fallen in love with all things Batman. I've been a longtime Marvel fan, only having dabbled in DC all throughout growing up- recently, I decided to attempt to properly delve into the DCEU, starting with Batman films. I got hooked, and went on to read Batman: Year One. After much searching online, I haven't found a definitive answer as to what I should read next. Of course, I'm aware it's a complicated question; there is no 'definitive' chronological order in which to read Batman comics. Eventually I figured I ought to just try and directly get some opinions from other, more knowledgeable fans.

Does anyone have some good suggestions for what comics to read after Batman: Year One? Or, even better, does anyone have any compiled reading lists they'd suggest for someone getting into Batman/DC?

Batman: The Long Halloween
Batman: Dark Victory
Batman: Death in the Family
Batman: The Killing Joke
Batman: Knightfall
Batman: KnightQuest
Batman: KnightsEnd
Batman: Cataclysm
Batman: Contagion
Batman: No Man's Land
Bruce Wayne: Murderer
Bruce Wayne: Fugitive
Batman: Hush

Also see if you can view anything within the DCAU like Batman: The Animated Series, The New Batman Adventures, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, all the DCAU Batman movies and everything in Batman Beyond.

That's off the top of my head. I'm very sure I've missed some big Batman stories.

Also see if you can view anything within the DCAU like Batman: The Animated Series, The New Batman Adventures, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, all the DCAU Batman movies and everything in Batman Beyond.

That's off the top of my head. I'm very sure I've missed some big Batman stories.

Cool, thanks a bunch!

If you happen to watch to the great cartoons he suggested, try reading Batman Adventures too, comics inspired by Batman: The Animated Series/The New Batman Adventures and winner of several Eisner Awards. They're very good too, but be aware they're not so dark stuff like the regular comics, they follow the same basis of the animated series.

If you happen to watch to the great cartoons he suggested, try reading Batman Adventures too, comics inspired by Batman: The Animated Series/The New Batman Adventures and winner of several Eisner Awards. They're very good too, but be aware they're not so dark stuff like the regular comics, they follow the same basis of the animated series.

Oh sweet thanks, I'll keep that in mind. The multitude of DC/Batman animations is honestly astonishing, so I'm glad I've gotten some recs!

I would suggest starting with the Legends of the Dark Knight 1989. I believe there was about 215 issues if I recall.

Latest posts

Back