Cancelled Shows???

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
TV history is filled with old shows that had a cult following of sorts and then got cancelled. What was your favorite show that got cancelled and why???

Mine was "Fastlane".........in the height of the Matrix rip-off era McG crashed on the scene with his big-screen remake of Charlie's Angels. Anyone who's seen it knows that as frivolous as it was---it WAS fun to watch and had style to burn.

McG then turned his attention to a TV series. It was big, flashy, and stupid. To me it was the new Miami Vice. Black cop, white cop....deep undercover and living the flashy life. It even starred the cinematic genius....Bill Belamy!!!!:lol:

Anyways----they're running reruns on G4 and CourtTV and I couldn't be happier. Well I could if they would just bring it to DVD finally!!!!!

What's yor guy's fav????

Century City.

It was a show that was about lawyers in the year 2020. It was an extremely realistic vision of the near future, and each episode there would be a case about something to do with technology vs. humanity(eg. should this 6 year old boy be allowed to have the memories of his violent drunk mother erased and grow up thinking his step mom is his real mother).

It stared Ioan Coillfer(Mr. Fantastic) and a bunch of other great actors. I watched it every week for the one season that it aired and was extremely disapointed when it was cancelled.

Firefly

Global Frequency

Invader Zim

Crusade

My blood boils when I think about how good Crusade would've been if it had continued.

thee great one said:
John Doe was an excellent show.

that was a good show, don't know why that got axed. and Dark Angel with Jessica Alba and the barcode tatto. it did get pretty bad near the end though....

and also Boston Public, use to be on UPN it even had that one chick from Star Trek

Last edited:
Cancelled Shows 2004-2005

Cancelled Shows 2004-2005

# American Candidate (SHO)
# American Dreams (NBC)
# Andromeda (SCI)
# The Benefactor (ABC)
# Blind Justice (ABC)
# Carnivale (HBO)
# Center Of The Universe (CBS)
# Clubhouse (CBS)
# Cold Turkey (PAX)
# Committed (NBC)
# Complete Savages (ABC)
# The ContenderS (NBC)
# Dead Like Me (SHO)
# Doc (PAX)
# Dr. Vegas (CBS)
# Drew Carey's Green Screen (WB)
# 8 Simple Rules (ABC)
# Everybody Loves Raymond (CBS)
# Eyes (ABC)
# Father Of The Pride (NBC)
# Grounded For Life (WB)
# Hawaii (NBC)
# High School Reunion (WB)
# The Inside (FOX)
# Jack & Bobby (WB)
# JAG (CBS)
# Joan Of Arcadia (CBS)
# Jonny Zero (FOX)
# Judging Amy (CBS)
# Kevin Hill (UPN)
# Last Coming Standing (NBC)
# Law & Order: Trial By Jury (NBC)
# The Law Firm (NBC)
# LAX (NBC)
# Life As We Know It (ABC)
# Life On A Stick (FOX)
# Listen Up (CBS)
# Love Is In The Her (E!)
# Medical Investigation (NBC)
# Method & Red (FOX)
# Model Citizens (PAX)
# The Mountain (WB)
# My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss (FOX)
# My Wife And Kids (CBS)
# Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica (MTV)
# North Shore (FOX)
# NYPD Blue (ABC)
# The Osbournes (MTV)
# Point Pleasant (FOX)
# Proof Positive (SCI)
# Revelations (NBC)
# Scare Tactics (SCI)
# Second Time Around (UPN)
# Star Trek: Enterprise (UPN)
# Steve Harvey's Big Time Challenge (WB)
# Sue Thomas: F.B. Eye (PAX)
# Summerland (WB)
# Third Watch (NBC)
# Tru Calling (FOX)
# Wanda Does It
# Wild Card (LIF)
# Young Blades (PAX)

http://www.pazsaz.com/cancel.html

TheManWithoutFear said:
Jack & Bobby was not cancelled. They accomplished what they wanted too within it's short run.

it might have, but its no longer airing i call that cancelled

nigma said:
it might have, but its no longer airing i call that cancelled
It's not cancelled when it does what its supposed to do, within the number of shows its supposed to air. If it's only meant to be one season with X amount of shows, than its not a cancelled show.

icemastertron said:
It's not cancelled when it does what its supposed to do, within the number of shows its supposed to air. If it's only meant to be one season with X amount of shows, than its not a cancelled show.

Was it originally pitched as a miniseries? Because if not, then it was cancelled, no matter if they conveniently found a way to end the series within its lifetime or not.

UltimateE said:
Was it originally pitched as a miniseries? Because if not, then it was cancelled, no matter if they conveniently found a way to end the series within its lifetime or not.
Basically, yes. It was never meant to be longer than it went.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Mission Hill

I <3ed that show...

God I loved that show, it's in reruns on TBS on Firday night late night. I wish they could have brought it back, instead of Family Guy -.-

moonmaster said:
And Home Movies too:( ...

Did you happen to see the new cartoon by the creator of Home Movies? It's called Lucy, The Daughter of the Devil. GREAT cartoon, kills me that the coach from Home Movies does the voice of the Devil

Ultxon said:
Gotta agree with bass, I miss invader Zim so much.

There have been some rumors of Jhonen making a deal with Showtime for a Johnny the Homicidal Maniac series.

Latest posts

Back