Canon

-beardoms-

There is a big debate about canon in the ultimate universe because of the ultimate team-up etc.
One of the issues of ultimate team-up features an older ff and is not considered canon by the writers.
I dont consider any of the ultimate team-up canon to be honest with you, none of it, no matter what the writers say. I also dont consider ultimate adventures canon either. Thoughts.

I agree with you. Basically, my Ultimate Universe consists only of the stuff I like. Everything that is bad or I think is stupid, then I ignore it and pretend it never happened.

Ultimate Iron Man never happened. Ultimate Marvel Team-Up never happened (except for the parts that were shown in flashnbacks in other series). Bits of USM never happened. UXM ended at the end of BKV's run. UFF and the Ultimates ended after Millar left. Everything else either happened or didn't.

It makes me happy enough because it makes me angry how bad and/or stupid some of that **** is. And this way, I don't even have to read it.

I only disreagred marvel team up and adventures as canon as well it just doenst fit into the ultimate univers tbh with you. Not because they are bad. I think they just dont fit correctly.

i think only the appearances of UFF in UMTU and USM Super Special don't fit. The rest of it fits in my opinion. SOme of it is directly referred to (Curt Conners becoming the Lizard and Spidey helping him, the fact that Spidey and Wolverine have met, the fact that DareDevil and Spidey have met, the fact that Black Widow and Spidey have met, and Iron Man and Spidey,and Hulk and Spidey, and Dr Strange and Spidey, and Shang Chi and Spidy. And the end of USM Super Special is Peter giving a report that is assigned in the pages of USM (and they repeat the assignement earlier in the Super Special as well) and the scene with Blade is flashed back to in the Morbius arc, etc.

It all fits except the FF stuff.

What doesn't fit is Ultimate Iron Man, Ultimates 3, Ultimate Origins, and the most recent arc of UXM (Absolute Power) those all contradict previously established continuity.

I only disreagred marvel team up and adventures as canon as well it just doenst fit into the ultimate univers tbh with you. Not because they are bad. I think they just dont fit correctly.

You are correct; they don't. Unfortunately that doesn't mean anything.

I know I'm alone here, but I LIKED Ultimate Iron Man (I haven't read Ultimate Iron Man II). I agree that it didn't really fit into the Ultimate Universe UNTIL Ultimate Human came out which really made it seem like part of the bigger picture.

Isn't everything with "ultimate" in the title canon? It may or may not fit or create plot holes or whatever but still canon lord knows things like plot holes and inconsistencies exist in 616 why should it stop the Ultimate universe from having them? :lol:

I agree with you. Basically, my Ultimate Universe consists only of the stuff I like. Everything that is bad or I think is stupid, then I ignore it and pretend it never happened.

Ultimate Iron Man never happened. Ultimate Marvel Team-Up never happened (except for the parts that were shown in flashnbacks in other series). Bits of USM never happened. UXM ended at the end of BKV's run. UFF and the Ultimates ended after Millar left. Everything else either happened or didn't.

It makes me happy enough because it makes me angry how bad and/or stupid some of that **** is. And this way, I don't even have to read it.

Exactly. I feel this way about any universe. The stories I enjoy I consider canon. Everything else is thrown in the garbage. And if a writer comes along later and incorporates ****ty pieces of "official" canon into good stories, then it gets folded back into the personal canon, tailored to take out the suck.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back