Caprica

leather_w0lf

So do we do a new thread for Caprica or do we attach it to the Battlestar Galactica thread?

I bought it today, will watch tonight and post a review.

Leather

Its its own show, so I think it deserves its own thread.

I saw this yesterday (DL it). It was much better than I was anticipating. It was a bit clunky at times, and more than a bit predictable, but it shows a lot of promise. Sucks we have to wait until 2010 to see more of it though (it was picked up by Sci-Fi for 18 more episodes in addition to the 2-hour pilot).

OK. I watched it.

I agree with Irish that it clomped along predicatably at times. On the whole, I thought it was an admirable addition to the BSG mythology.

Why do I have to wait until 2010 for this on TV? I have to wonder if SCI-FI (Scy-Fy this July - and what's up with that anyhow?) did the right thing by putting this out on DVD like they did.

Notable things about the time line:
1.) Again, this is 58 Years BEFORE the Cylon Wars.
2.) At this time there is no President of the 12 Colonies. Caprica has a Prime Minister.
3.) Apparently there was a civil war on Tauron. Many refugees went to Caprica. The Adamas were part of that exodus. This has led to racial prejudice between the Capricans and Taurons.
4.) Why weren't these holographic glasses on BSG? (see Conjecture, below)
5.) The One God Cult is the bad guys. They are terrorists.

Things I dug about the pilot:
1.) The Taurons and the predjudice against them on Caprica.
2.) The stripped down Cylon looking like C-3PO in Star Wars Episode 1
3.) The Tauron Gangstas! Why didn't we see them on BSG? They are combination of every gangster stereotype and speak what appears to be Latin as the native Tauron tongue.
4.) Joe Adama
5.) Daniel Graystone
6.) Zoey

Conjecture:
1.) "He don't like being called that." The last line that Head Baltar made on the finale of BSG. I wonder if we learn "His" identity on this show.
2.) Daniel Graystone, creator of the Cylons. Hmmmm. Wasn't DANIEL the Cylon model that Cavil killed off cos it was too sensitive?
3.) The holographic glasses. This looked supsiciously like the the created virtual worlds that the Cylons would slip their minds into. I am betting they are made illegal during the first Cylon War because of this.

OK. Now I gotta get to work, lol.

you can watch the pilot on hulu.

i have never gotten into Battlestar Galactica, but i have really enjoyed this show.

its got great directing, which really helps make the show what it is. the split scenes of robot and the girl. wonderful.

leather_w0lf said:
The Tauron Gangstas! Why didn't we see them on BSG? They are combination of every gangster stereotype and speak what appears to be Latin as the native Tauron tongue.

i have to agree, and they just get better.

http://www.hulu.com/caprica

if you don't find it online, hulu will have it feb. 3rd.

this was one of my favorite episodes so far. only for the 1920's style set of the old cap city. just watching the Tauron girl evolve from a scared little kid to a cold blooded killer was WONDERFUL.

her last line "i am awake.......(fires gun point blank range)" the way she conveyed her emotions was wonderful, this girl might make a name for herself in hollywood.

Character:Tamara Adama
Actress: Genevieve Buechner

Latest posts

Back