Captain America & Bucky/Captain America relaunch (2011)

E

Excelsior Club
I don't see any comments on the new series. This is the relaunch by Brubaker and McNiven.

I love the idea of the dream dimension and that little kid - that's a great concept.

Re: Captain America relaunch (2011)

I don't see any comments on the new series. This is the relaunch by Brubaker and McNiven.

I love the idea of the dream dimension and that little kid - that's a great concept.

Is it more fantasy than his last arc? I loved the comic book "realism" in Bru's last series.

It's good. Captain America and Bucky is also good.

I can't see McNiven staying on regularly after the first arc though.

Is it more fantasy than his last arc? I loved the comic book "realism" in Bru's last series.

Hmmm...I'm trying to remember his last arc. You mean Bucky at the gulag? Yeah, I guess it would be. It's only been 2 issues...the fantasy stuff doesn't seem like it's taking over the book.

I can't see McNiven staying on regularly after the first arc though.

Me either. He's a big name they have capitalizing on the movie being out. He did something similar with Brand New Day - he's a big name to get things going.

Captain America & Bucky is really, really good. Cap and a former Bucky met up with the grandson of a former Captain America...it's just good. I like when Brubaker explores the idea of Captain America meeting or dealing with former Caps or Buckys that filled in after he and the original died. I thought this book was going to be all flashback type stuff which would've been OK but I really like incorporating stories like this.

Captain America #7 was boring. I didn't like Alan Davis's art, either.

It didn't read like a Brubaker Cap comic at all.

So, Captain America and Bucky is going to become a Captain America team-up series, with the title changing depending on the current team-up.

Captain America and Hawkeye, to start.

I can't wait for Captain America and Gerry Conway's Mindworm.

CAPTAIN AMERICA AND HAWKEYE #630
CULLEN BUNN (w) • ALESSANDRO VITTI (a)
Cover by PATRICK ZIRCHER
• All the patriotism and arrows in the world may not be enough to save Cap and Hawkeye from a hive of dino-monstrosities!
• A secret buried beneath the San Andres Mountains begins to unravel.
• All this and—Stegron!
32 PGS./Rated T …$2.99

CAPTAIN AMERICA AND HAWKEYE #631
CULLEN BUNN (w) • ALESSANDRO VITTI (a)
Cover by PATRICK ZIRCHER
• In the depths of an underground city, Stegron's dream becomes a nightmare!
• Cap "goes Mezozoic" and he's set his carnivorous sights on Hawkeye!
• And what's freakier than creepy little kids? Creepy little dinosaur kids!
32 PGS./Rated T …$2.99

So it's not going to be Captain America & Bucky anymore? Bummer. I guess you can only tell so many of those stories for so long, and Brubaker has told a lot of them the last few years.

Is this supposed to take place currently? Is it supposed to be a rotating set of team ups?

I'll check it out but it seems like a good jumping-off point.

Latest posts

Back