Captain America: Civil War News/Rumors discussion

Last edited:
Hopefully it's good but I worry they planned civil war before they got spider-man back. Extending his scene could be just filler to do it (see most Transformers effects) or ruin the flow of the story as someone else's pay-off could be cheapened or removed. I hope I'm wrong I truly do but I worry it'll be fan service and cool cgi but no depth or reason.

Hopefully it's good but I worry they planned civil war before they got spider-man back. Extending his scene could be just filler to do it (see most Transformers effects) or ruin the flow of the story as someone else's pay-off could be cheapened or removed. I hope I'm wrong I truly do but I worry it'll be fan service and cool cgi but no depth or reason.
They said they always planned to have Spider-Man, so they wrote up a script that included him, but also had a version without him in case the deal didn't go through.

They said they always planned to have Spider-Man, so they wrote up a script that included him, but also had a version without him in case the deal didn't go through.

Nice :) like I said I'm hopeful I'm wrong

I read an interview where they said they never actually had a version without Spider-Man. They told Marvel they had a plan B but they really didn't.

I was thinking about it and it actually makes a lot of sense for Spider-Man to have a no bigish role in this. The story of Civil War is basically Cap and Iron Man differing over how to responsibly handle their great power.

ANIMATED EYES!!!! YES!!! Give him webpits and it's perfect!

I joked about it, but in reality it depends on what the origin of the mask is. If that's some kind of machine mask that Tony made for him that has adjustable eyes, so be it. Lord knows why it's necessary, but whatever. All it did was widen and contract. What good that serves I have no idea, but if it's function of a mechanical mask, fine.

I've always said - my problem with squinting masks is that a) the mask does not have the physical properties necessary for it to squint because it is a piece of fabric and b) a good writer shouldn't need to use fake mask squinting as a visual tool.

And furthermore no poor high school kid is going to have the ability or resources to develop a mechanical mask on his own. The whole thing is just stupid and I hate Spider-Man.

I liked the Civil war trailer, I'll be honest I don't like Spider-man suit. It looks comic like yes BUT not movie li Preferred Amazing and even the Tobey Maguire suit. However looking forward to seeing it, the traiuler was pretty good :)

Marvel lifted the review embargo last night. The early reviews are in and they are VERY positive.

That's social media, actual reviews are out the 13th. Disney has to be very confident in the is film.

iqf63lE.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back