Captain America: Civil War News/Rumors discussion

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
What better way to begin the thread than with the synopsis for this given in a casting call:

"Following the events of Age of Ultron, the collective governments of the world pass an act designed to regulate all superhuman activity. This polarizes opinion amongst the Avengers, causing two factions to side with Iron Man or Captain America, which causes an epic battle between former allies."

(Via CBR)

Marvel Studios has given an official synopsis:

Captain America: Civil War picks up where Avengers: Age of Ultron left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain.
Source: SHH

This has got me wondering if Martin Freeman is going to play Henry Peter Gyrich.

Also, Paul Rudd's Ant-Man is confirmed to appear in it.

Gyrich would be perfect. I was thinking that as well.

This movie is going to have Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, Falcon, Vision, Hawkeye, War Machine, Scarlet Witch, Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Ant-Man in it. Wow!

That's the same number of heroes that Age of Ultron had: Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, War Machine, and Falcon.

Not to mention that Civil War will also have Winter Soldier, Crossbones, Baron Zemo, Agent 13, Thunderbolt Ross, and whatever Martin Freeman's character is.

11220818_10203996593417741_454031677297034236_n.jpg

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe News, Rumors, and Discussion

This movie is going to have a huge cast:

Captain America
Iron Man
Black Widow
Winter Soldier
Falcon
Vision
Hawkeye
War Machine
Scarlet Witch
Ant-Man
Black Panther
Sharon Carter
Baron Zemo
Crossbones
General Ross
...and whoever Martin Freeman is playing.

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe News, Rumors, and Discussion

This movie is going to have a huge cast:

Captain America
Iron Man
Black Widow
Winter Soldier
Falcon
Vision
Hawkeye
War Machine
Scarlet Witch
Ant-Man
Black Panther
Sharon Carter
Baron Zemo
Crossbones
General Ross
...and whoever Martin Freeman is playing.

haha, I just posted the same thing in the Captain America: Civil War thread. You forgot Spider-Man.

And Spider-Man!

Nevermind I see you listed him now

Martin Freeman IS Spider-Man. They're adapting JMS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just didn't add Spider-Man since he hasn't been cast yet. Once that happens and we officially know who's playing the role and that it is indeed happening (as of now it's still officially a rumor, I believe, though one based on truth I suspect).

With Spidey, that's 17 notable characters from the comics. That might be a record for one film, even beating AoU.

Last edited:
Hopefully they'll announce Spidey in the next few weeks, though I can see them doing everything in their power to keep that casting quiet until they officially announce it at SDCC in July (you know that's like THE tent pole reveal of the MCU this year, the actor who will play Spidey).

I'm still hoping for Asa Butterfield.

I'm still hoping for Asa Butterfield.

Yeah I like him for the role as well.

I'd also like to see Dylan O'Brien be given a shot, just because to me, he's a perfect example of what I think a real life Peter Parker should look like. Granted, he's like 23 so he's older than Marvel are going for which makes it unlikely.

So I'm down for Asa in the role.

Photos of Chris Evans and Scarlet Johansson on the set of Civil War.

Black Widow's hair is long in all the movies except the Avengers ones. Wonder why?

11248147_1126356800714224_6648373542587952696_n.jpg

1507115_1126356850714219_7543287637492481760_n.jpg

11110979_1126356890714215_6052262142555719686_n.jpg

11060863_1126356970714207_3506137959170732110_n.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back