Captain America Movie

I remember people use to all talk about Matthew McConnaughey and Josh Schwartz. Neither of them would be too bad. Cap might just work with a southern accent, methinks.

I HATE the idea of DiCaprio playing Cap. He can't pull it off in my opinion. Cap needs to be the square-jawed, naive but stubborn type (again, the square jaw helps there), and larger than DiCaprio could every be. I'm not saying we need a huge, muscled actor to play the role, but ideally someone more masculine than DiCaprio has ever been.

I'm sorry, but no matter how masculine he tries to be, DiCaprio will always come off as too effeminate to play Cap in my opinion.

I'm not fond of the idea of Brad Pitt doing it either, but would rather him than Leo.

Personally, I'd prefer they cast a 30-something smaller actor who can pull of the role both physically and emotionally/mentally.

Doing so would also probably make it easier to bring said actor back for the Avengers movie and likely sequels.

No. No DiCaprio.

Last edited:
I'd honestly much prefer either Damon or Wahlberg

Yes to either. But I think Dicaprio prooved he's tough enough with the Departed and Gangs of New York. I think if he bulked up Dicaprio would be excellent in the role.

Yes to either. But I think Dicaprio prooved he's tough enough with the Departed and Gangs of New York. I think if he bulked up Dicaprio would be excellent in the role.

Completely different types of "tough". I'm not saying Leo can't pull off acting the role (he's definitly a diverse enough actor), he just can't pull off the look, NO MATTER WHAT!

Completely different types of "tough". I'm not saying Leo can't pull off acting the role (he's definitly a diverse enough actor), he just can't pull off the look, NO MATTER WHAT!

Oh I know he doesn't look a thing like Cap should. That's why I would rather have Matt Damon in the role.

Plu's Leo's voice doesn't seem to what Cap should sound like. It'd be weird. If anything he could play the "scrawny" Steve Rogers, but even then, I'd have someone else.

What about casting him as Bucky/Winter Soldier?

Last edited:
No Leo.

No Damon either. He has the right look, but he's not a good actor, period. Those damn Borne movies are all the same.

No Leo.

No Damon either. He has the right look, but he's not a good actor, period. Those damn Borne movies are all the same.

I disagree, from films such as Good Will Hunting and the Departed he's proven himself as one of the best actors going right now.

I disagree, from films such as Good Will Hunting and the Departed he's proven himself as one of the best actors going right now.

Agreed. The man is a fine actor and wouldn't mind seeing him as Cap.

Wahlberg another fine choice.

I also think Brad Pitt would make a great Captain America, because he can pull off both the scrawny bits and the buff bits. Plus, we all know Brad Pitt hasn't aged since 2000, who better to play someone frozen only to emerge 70 years later.

I also think Brad Pitt would make a great Captain America, because he can pull off both the scrawny bits and the buff bits. Plus, we all know Brad Pitt hasn't aged since 2000, who better to play someone frozen only to emerge 70 years later.
This certainly makes an interesting point.

Exactly. Bass pulled out genius casting of Brad Pitt as Vandal Savage a while ago, for practically the same reasons. It worked there, and it works here. I still think he'd make a better Thor though.

They could always just pump Leo full of steroids.

Plu's Leo's voice doesn't seem to what Cap should sound like. It'd be weird. If anything he could play the "scrawny" Steve Rogers, but even then, I'd have someone else.

Seriously. If they had to cast someone to play Bucky, I'd vote for DiCaprio. But not to play Cap.

What about casting him as Bucky/Winter Soldier?

Just what I was thinking, though I'd prefer him as just Bucky.

If they don't include bucky they are insane...

But bucky does need to be more around 18, preferably a year or so under the mark. Or at least capable of playing the part. Bucky better be "killed" in the same explosion that leaves Cap under the ice. I would love the Winter Soldier arc to be referenced in the future, but most importantly they need to establish him as the super-talented young man he is, not a comic relief figure.

If they don't include bucky they are insane...

But bucky does need to be more around 18, preferably a year or so under the mark. Or at least capable of playing the part. Bucky better be "killed" in the same explosion that leaves Cap under the ice. I would love the Winter Soldier arc to be referenced in the future, but most importantly they need to establish him as the super-talented young man he is, not a comic relief figure.

Since I think it's unlikely that Captain America can sustain his own film series, I think it would be cool if they set seeds in the film for divergent spin-off movies that can work as independent properties. Winter Soldier done in the style of the Bourne films, for instance, would kick major ***. Or an Isaiah Bradley film set during the Civil Rights movement.... directed by Spike Lee.

Latest posts

Back