Captain America Movie

Random

Didn't **** any of those *****es
I'm surprise there isn't a thread on this yet.

Well there's nbeen some news on Marvel first own production of a live-action film.

Avid Arad recently talked about it.

Avi Arad on the Captain America Movie
Source: Associated Press, Super Mom February 14, 2006

The Associated Press has published a new interview with Marvel Studios' Avi Arad in which he talks about the Captain America movie. The project is part of Marvel's deal with Paramount in which Marvel will make the film and Paramount will distribute.

"Without giving too much away, obviously there'll be a little bit of the origin and then we come into our real world," Arad says. "What makes Captain America such a compelling character is that it allows you to judge history so you see where he came from and you see what he stood for."

Although the script by an unnamed writer isn't finished and Arad doesn't anticipate Captain America arriving in theaters before 2009, he does have a director and leading man in mind. Of course, he's not declaring the independence of those details just yet.

"One of the things our movie is going to deal with is what happened in 60 years," says Arad. "Which world was better? Sixty years ago or now? Within, obviously, a kick-*** plot and all the stuff that you've come to expect from a superhero movie."

He also talks about casting the title role and what the costume may look like. You can find those audio clips on the right-hand side here. http://asap.ap.org/stories/364220.s

They also announced there writer.

Who is Writing Captain America?
Source: IGN Filmforce February 17, 2006

IGN Filmforce reports that Road to Perdition and "Thirteen Days" screenwriter David Self is penning the Captain America script:

Marvel usually draws on the same stable of screenwriters for its projects, such as David Goyer, Zak Penn, Simon Kinberg and David Hayter. Another of these Marvel veterans is the scribe writing Captain America: David Self.

Self has worked with Marvel on the scripts for Sub-Mariner and Deathlok as well.

I really hope they use the Ultimates as a main source. And that they would make his costume look like the onbne he wears in Ultimates 2

Last edited:
I would plan this as a trilogy, or two films. The thing that sucked about the original live-action film was that they spent very little time in World War II, and thus when he came to the present, there really wasn't any dramatic effect. That's why they should have the first film focus on World War II and be realistic, like Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers. Then at the end of that film it'll be a cliffhanger with him falling into the Arctic, and the second film will be about him adjusting to our time.

WHAT?!

The original Captain America film is DEFINATIVE!

The Red Skull was ITALIAN! How can you improve on that?!

DAMN YOU ARAD!

Doc Comic said:
I would plan this as a trilogy, or two films. The thing that sucked about the original live-action film was that they spent very little time in World War II, and thus when he came to the present, there really wasn't any dramatic effect. That's why they should have the first film focus on World War II and be realistic, like Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers. Then at the end of that film it'll be a cliffhanger with him falling into the Arctic, and the second film will be about him adjusting to our time.
Dude I had the same exact idea 6 months ago. That is so weird. And there definitely does need more WW2 moments like in Saving Private Ryan

Flunk.

Captain America might work in a comic book, but he is too silly for film.

I mean, look at him!

Get Ed Brubaker to write it, and you're all done for Christmas.

Hollywood insiders say Arad had hoped to make Captain America Marvel's debut film. But that's not happening; Arad says he couldn't line up the director he wanted until 2009. Moreover, two films Arad now says could be among those first out of the gate, the Hulk sequel and Iron Man, aren't covered by the Merrill loan, which means Marvel will need another way to finance them.
****! I want a Captain America movie damn it!

Source: Shannon
October 22, 2007

CHUD has posted an interesting article about how veteran actress Gena Rowlands mentioned that her son, Nick Cassevettes, is thinking about directing Captain America for Marvel Studios and Paramount Pictures. Cassevettes (The Notebook) was previously attached to helm Iron Man before Jon Favreau took over.

We'll have to wait and see how this plays out...
Not sure about this guy, but I really want this movie to happen and really want it to be good

I really hope they use the Ultimates as a main source. And that they would make his costume look like the one he wears in Ultimates 2

They should take elements from the ultimate and 616 universe. The ultimate costume is better then the 616 costume, but let's face it the Red Skull is a better villain than Kleiser and Nazi aliens will just seem silly on screen.

They should take elements from the ultimate and 616 universe. The ultimate costume is better then the 616 costume, but let's face it the Red Skull is a better villain than Kleiser and Nazi aliens will just seem silly on screen.

Yep I agree. I just really hope they don't make this political, that's my biggest fear. He shouldn't be about republicans vs democrats but 60 years ago vs today, his adjusting to the world that has completely change cause that would not be an easy thing at all to do. Realistically it would take years to adjust

I honestly don't know how I'd do a Capt America movie.

I'd have both costumes in the film. He'd have the classic 616 costume during the WWII portion....but once we transition to present day he'd sport the UU look.

I honestly don't know how I'd do a Capt America movie.

I'd have both costumes in the film. He'd have the classic 616 costume during the WWII portion....but once we transition to present day he'd sport the UU look.

I would also do that of course he would need his WWII shield during WWII bits.

Yep I agree. I just really hope they don't make this political, that's my biggest fear. He shouldn't be about republicans vs democrats but 60 years ago vs today, his adjusting to the world that has completely change cause that would not be an easy thing at all to do. Realistically it would take years to adjust

The thing is terms of personality 616 Cap and Ultimate Cap are very different, perhaps a balance could be struck between the two personality types. However in terms of power levels, Cap should have his 616 peak human strength, rather than the metahuman stength levels he has in the Ultimate universe.

As long as they don't try to "update" the Red Skull and make he a Muslim terrorist or something, I don't think we have worry about a Cap movie being too political.

Of course there is the question of when Cap should come to present, should the first movie be entirely in WWII or should Cap come to the present in the first movie.

If we are going with the idea, that Cap would come to the present in first film, they do a modified opening from the first Ultimate issue, with the Red Skull and his Nazi minions aiming a nuke at Washington and Cap getting stuck in the ice after disarming the nuke.

Also would Bucky be an old man, dead or become the Winter soldier in the movies?

I wonder what they would do with a film series though, Cap's rogues gallery gets a little thin, after you get past the Red Skulll and his minions.

The thing is terms of personality 616 Cap and Ultimate Cap are very different, perhaps a balance could be struck between the two personality types. However in terms of power levels, Cap should have his 616 peak human strength, rather than the metahuman stength levels he has in the Ultimate universe.

As long as they don't try to "update" the Red Skull and make he a Muslim terrorist or something, I don't think we have worry about a Cap movie being too political.

Of course there is the question of when Cap should come to present, should the first movie be entirely in WWII or should Cap come to the present in the first movie.

If we are going with the idea, that Cap would come to the present in first film, they do a modified opening from the first Ultimate issue, with the Red Skull and his Nazi minions aiming a nuke at Washington and Cap getting stuck in the ice after disarming the nuke.

Also would Bucky be an old man, dead or become the Winter soldier in the movies?

I wonder what they would do with a film series though, Cap's rogues gallery gets a little thin, after you get past the Red Skulll and his minions.
I would have it as the first twenty minutes be WWII then the present because if you wait for the time skip for a second movie the feel and style would be too different and wouldn't click.'

And I only see Cap doing one movie than just the Avengers. I have a whole idea as to how I think it should be done that I would probably post later

I would have it as the first twenty minutes be WWII then the present because if you wait for the time skip for a second movie the feel and style would be too different and wouldn't click.'

And I only see Cap doing one movie than just the Avengers. I have a whole idea as to how I think it should be done that I would probably post later

If a Cap movie did make a lot money, the studios would want a sequel though and I have heard some fans argue that the first Cap movie should be set entirely in WWII.

Personally though I kinda agree with you, I think the movie should in WWII for the first 20 minutes and then take place in the present. The first 20 minutes should be like the first issue of Ultimates, the only difference is Red Skull replaces Kleiser and the whole alien thing is left out.

Personally though I kinda agree with you, I think the movie should in WWII for the first 20 minutes and then take place in the present. The first 20 minutes should be like the first issue of Ultimates, the only difference is Red Skull replaces Kleiser and the whole alien thing is left out.

Agreed, Iw ould just add an action sequence before the opening credits of Cap liberating a concentration camp, than him in a meeting for the Ultimates mission

Latest posts

Back