Captain America - The First Avenger (Spoilers)

How would you rate Captain America: The First Avenger?

• Total voters
Re: Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier pre-release discussion & speculation

But then Howard Stark Finds the Tessaract at the bottom of the ocean. While searching for Cap at the bottom of the ocean. Because he was flying over the ocean. When he crashed into the ocean.

Maybe it was water covered in ice? If that's the case then my point is invalid b/c diving into ice would be a lot less safe than diving into water. And anyway, falling from that height would kill a regular human being whether they were in a plane or not, over water or ice. But clearly it doesn't injure Cap either time. I guess it was the cold that got him the first time.

Last edited:
But then Howard Stark Finds the Tessaract at the bottom of the ocean. While searching for Cap at the bottom of the ocean. Because he was flying over the ocean.

If you watch it it's clear he crashes into ice. Yes, he was flying over the ocean previously, but if I recall correctly it showed he was over the Antarctic when he put it down (part of the reason he put it down where he did was because it was away from population centers). They were searching for Cap along the planes flight path, since in the 1940's the radar systems were nowhere near as precise as today's. They didn't know where the plane crashed, hence not finding it until almost 70 years later (which is shown in the opening bookend section set in present day).

When he crashed into the ocean. Maybe it was water covered in ice? If that's the case then my point is invalid b/c diving into ice would be a lot less safe than diving into water. And anyway, falling from that height would kill a regular human being whether they were in a plane or not, over water or ice. But clearly it doesn't injure Cap either time. I guess it was the cold that got him the first time.

And yeah, apparently part of Cap's super soldier serum changes involve much greater durability and a far sturdier frame than an average human's...which makes a certain sense given how it played into the creation of the Hulk (though altered with gamma radiation).

It also makes the scene from the CA-TWS trailer with him jumping from the plane with no parachute make a bit more sense.

Re: Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier pre-release discussion & speculation

If you watch it it's clear he crashes into ice. Yes, he was flying over the ocean previously, but if I recall correctly it showed he was over the Antarctic when he put it down (part of the reason he put it down where he did was because it was away from population centers). They were searching for Cap along the planes flight path, since in the 1940's the radar systems were nowhere near as precise as today's. They didn't know where the plane crashed, hence not finding it until almost 70 years later (which is shown in the opening bookend section set in present day).

I'm willing to accept that you're right except for one thing: wasn't the whole problem that the plane was on autopilot from Germanynto NYC? If so, then how did he get over the Antarctic?

Latest posts

Back