Captain America

I am pretty sure that Jan started the physical stuff first - either biting Pym, or smacking him ... seem to recall him saying something like "Why do you always start this stuff, when it turns out bad for you" or some such thing. I will go back and check.

But does that matter?

Clearly, those two have a very dark, twisted relationship, of the kind that we do (unfortunately) see in the real world. After Pym beat her, sprayed her with toxic chemicals and set the ants on her, injuring her badly... who is Jan back having flirtatious lunches with, when Cap turns out to be (in her view) a bit of a drag? It seems to me that even in the limited glimpses we have been granted, these two have a LOT of history, and a lot of mutual pathology, and they are just poison together ... but they keep falling back into the same dangerous cycles, patterns, routines.

NONE of which justifies the beatings Jan has received. NONE of it.

I have probably said this before, but... the folks who don't like this incarnation of Cap are, I think, more disturbed by his politics than by the fact that he gave Banner a kick (after Banner, in a selfpitying move of astonishing stupidity, destroyed a lot of Manhattan, killed hundreds of innocents, and did major bodily damage to a number of the Ultimates, none more so than Cap!) or that he took on Pym, in a straight fight, after Pym hospitalized the Wasp (do note that Cap really DEMANDED that Pym "power up" before they fought). Aren't we in the era of the "dark" hero? Isn't that the reason we have a zillion Wolverine comics, that the "dark" Batman is in vogue, etc, etc? I find it hard to believe that the real objection here is Cap landing one kick on Banner and having a fistfight with a wifebeater.

Not that Cap's "politics" are irrelevant - folks have every right not to "like" him because of his views, just as they have the right to "not like" Thor, or Stark, or Fury, or any other character, for their philosophies! But I do think it is more helpful to be direct about the source of the "dislike", and I don't think his treatment of either Banner or Pym is at the core of it...

IMHO... *S*

Shadow

I for one love Ultimate Cap.

Because he's a no nonsense man in a nonsense world. He sees things in black and white, right and wrong. And you always know he'll stand for what he sees as right even if by today's standards his view of what's right is not politically correct.

He's great, in fact all the Ultimates are, including Pym. They're so diverse and you know how each one will act.

Victor Von Doom said:
Listening to Moony for logic is like listening to Jughead's advice on fish sandwiches.

How come no one's commented on how ungodly funny that analogy is?

:D

Yeah well I'm a girl. We were born to be thorns in sides. And apparently also meant to be kicked out of apartments from a false fire alarm provided by one ****** Von ****. you're a jerk.

Hibiki said:
Yeah well I'm a girl. We were born to be thorns in sides. And apparently also meant to be kicked out of apartments from a false fire alarm provided by one ****** Von ****. you're a jerk.

He did the same thing to me! I live in a box now.

Zombipanda said:
How come no one's commented on how ungodly funny that analogy is?

:D

My genius is like "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" (the book or the movie. Some people just aren't smart enough to get it.

Hibiki said:

Women.

You all owe me a rib!!!!

Thor said:
Yet you found a outlet for your computer :D.

My laptop doesn't need an outlet to run. It's powered by the souls of children. orphan children. orphan children who love ponies and still believe in Santa Claus. It's actually how I run all my electronics.

And I highly suggest everyone run down to their local Radio Shack and pick up an orphan-soul-to-automotive-fuel converter. Sony and the other big name companies make models, but you may as well go with the name brand. They work just as well and they're about fifty bucks cheaper. They all come with self-installation instructions, and you should be able to install it yourself in less than an hour, with just a standard tool kit. You can typically get 250 miles per soul on average for a recent model sedan (215 city), depending on the purity of the soul.

Victor Von Doom said:
You all owe me a rib!!!!

Ribs. yum.

Last edited:
I love almost everything about Ultimate Captain America. I think he is everything that Cap should be. He is a good representative of the WW2 generation who fought Evil face to face and doesn't have a problem saying as such when they see it when they see it again.

Latest posts

Back