Cavemen vs Astronauts

If Cavemen and Astronauts Got Into A Fight, Who Would Win?

• Total voters
What Bass said.

Granted there are specifics for the fight that need to be addressed like number of team members, arena size, what objects, if any, can come into play, etc.

But in the end....while cavemen are savage...their still just cavemen. Humans today are smarter. Primal always comes into play in a fight to the death so it's not like the astronauts can't get primal.

Spacemen for the win.

are the astronauts fighting in space suits? if so do the space suits have little boosters on the feet?

cvsa.jpg

:lol:

I like how you say a gorilla would probably beat you in hand-to-hand combat. :wink:

The way I see it, "no weapons" could mean that they don't have modern day weapons, they're stranded with the cavemen.

However, even without weapons, I think the astronauts win.

While the caveman would be more used to fighting, and they'd have a somewhat pack mentality, the astronauts would have first of all, a high threshold of pain due to all the training for space travel. They'd have teamwork and know each other very well from the time spent training. All that training means that as a unit they will fare better than the cavemen, despite being in a situation less favourable.

WRONG. So astronauts spent a little time training how to be weightless? Big ****ing deal. Cavemen have regularly work as a team to keep their society running, not mention that as a team they have to constantly take down giant mastadons for God's sake! So astronauts have been trained on how to survive, cavemen have always survived.

Plus, there are ways to defeat the cavemen that don't involve weapons. For example, using their superior knowledge of 'how things work', the astronauts could easily poison their drinking supply by defecating it (why am I saying this?).

If the land/arena is shared to be fair to both teams. Then the astronauts would be defecating in their own water supply.

Or, if one astronaut is female, they could have easy bait for the rambunctious cavemen and get them to fight themselves.

You astronaut supporters believe that they would win because of them being smarter, and more civilized. Yet you are willing to sacrifice a woman to win? Cowardly. Not mention that there would probably be at least one astronaut who cares for her, and would cause infighting amongst the astronauts.

They could make non-lethal weapons such as small gunpowder deposits to scare the **** out of the cavemen.

While they were busy mining for gunpowder, the astronauts were killed by the caveman hunting team.

The caveman has his primal rage and his club and his ability to survive harsh environments, but a pack of cavemen won't be able to stop a functioning team of astronauts. The best strategy for the cavemen would be to use their ferocity to truly overwhelm the astronauts morale, but these are astronauts. They've trained to fly into the deep reaches of space. They won't be scared by hairy men.

If you call the moon the deep reaches of space then yeah.

The human race's chief weapon that has allowed it to dominate the planet is it's brainpower - to develop technology and language. Cavemen have less brainpower than the astronauts.

Humans have become soft whilst leaning on the crutch of technology. The astronauts aren't allowed technology, and are fuxxored accordingly.

I feel the only way to solve this is to actually get some astronauts and cavemen and watch it pay-per-view.

True.

This is way too unspecific. It depends too much on other variables, and if you start trying to define the other variables, it leads into a whole other argument about what constitutes a fair fight and nobody can agree on the situation. In a straight-up, dump them into an arena with no preparation and have 'em duke it out fight, the cavemen would win. But what if they were in open terrain? What does 'caveman' mean, anyway? How many are there? Do they have time to prepare? What skills do the astronauts have? What resources are available? All these things make a huge difference in the fight.

Without defining the variables very strictly, there's no way to say, and if people already have their minds made up, they're going to create a scenario in which their side would win. I think this argument is pointless.

This is way too unspecific. It depends too much on other variables, and if you start trying to define the other variables, it leads into a whole other argument about what constitutes a fair fight and nobody can agree on the situation. In a straight-up, dump them into an arena with no preparation and have 'em duke it out fight, the cavemen would win. But what if they were in open terrain? What does 'caveman' mean, anyway? How many are there? Do they have time to prepare? What skills do the astronauts have? What resources are available? All these things make a huge difference in the fight.

Without defining the variables very strictly, there's no way to say, and if people already have their minds made up, they're going to create a scenario in which their side would win. I think this argument is pointless.

That's why I asked about the variables. If they fought in an arena, cavemen would win, if there is an open terrain, there is no thought the astronauts would win.

Please

Cavemen

That's True Logic
Indeed.
Humans have become soft whilst leaning on the crutch of technology. The astronauts aren't allowed technology, and are fuxxored accordingly.
Indubitably.

Those are all valid questions and points, but pointless or not I will argue this to the death.

Cavemen FTW!

Are the cavemen in the past or they were ressurrected from a block of Ice or something? If they are from the past the Astronauts wouldn't be able kill them, since they would create a Time Paradox.

Last edited:
That's why I asked about the variables. If they fought in an arena, cavemen would win, if there is an open terrain, there is no thought the astronauts would win.

I disagree. Imagine astronauts and cavemen dumped onto open terrain with nothing but minimal clothing. For some reason, they understand the rules and what they have to do. The cavemen have been hunting, making weapons, and fighting all their lives. They're used to working as a unit and fighting other humans. The astronauts, on the other hand, quite possibly have never had training in hand-to-hand fighting. They're used to living in our modern world with everything provided. Unless one of the astronauts has had extensive training or is a big survivalist, the astronauts will have as much trouble finding food and water and making fire as they will fighting off the cavemen, unless you're saying "They find each other immediately", in which case we're back to an arena-like match.

This just proves my point. My scenario examples are pro-cavemen because I've already decided that cavemen would win.

Also, I think the question of how many there are is very important, as is the question of whether or not they know each other. Cavemen who've never met would have more trouble fighting astronauts who've trained together for a very long time.

I disagree. Imagine astronauts and cavemen dumped onto open terrain with nothing but minimal clothing. For some reason, they understand the rules and what they have to do. The cavemen have been hunting, making weapons, and fighting all their lives. They're used to working as a unit and fighting other humans. The astronauts, on the other hand, quite possibly have never had training in hand-to-hand fighting. They're used to living in our modern world with everything provided. Unless one of the astronauts has had extensive training or is a big survivalist, the astronauts will have as much trouble finding food and water and making fire as they will fighting off the cavemen, unless you're saying "They find each other immediately", in which case we're back to an arena-like match.

This just proves my point. My scenario examples are pro-cavemen because I've already decided that cavemen would win.

Also, I think the question of how many there are is very important, as is the question of whether or not they know each other. Cavemen who've never met would have more trouble fighting astronauts who've trained together for a very long time.

Cavemen as a single unit? I don't think so, they are not as organized as Astronauts, they know how to kill a big creature together, but they don't kill it as a single unit. They just beat the **** out of the creature to kill it, they don't have different tasks to follow, they do the same thing.
Astronauts are phisically well trained, most of the astronauts are from the military so they know at least some basic hand-to-hand action or survival skills.
The cavemen don't know how to guard a base. They don't have sentries and if you find their place when they are sleeping, you will win instantly. The Astronauts would probably have a sentry, maybe a scout too.

Cavemen as a single unit? I don't think so, they are not as organized as Astronauts, they know how to kill a big creature together, but they don't kill it as a single unit. They just beat the **** out of the creature to kill it, they don't have different tasks to follow, they do the same thing.
Astronauts are phisically well trained, most of the astronauts are from the military so they know at least some basic hand-to-hand action or survival skills.
The cavemen don't know how to guard a base. They don't have sentries and if you find their place when they are sleeping, you will win instantly. The Astronauts would probably have a sentry, maybe a scout too.

You can't assume that cavemen are incompetent. They would have at least basic organizational skills in order to function. At the very least, they would have established roles within the group, i.e. best spear-thrower, best cook, can make the most arrowheads the fastest, etc.

And why do you think they wouldn't have sentries? Cavemen fought each other and there are some animals who use sentries.

Wrong. Cavemen were very intelligent hunters. They used strategy to take down incredibly dangerous animals with only the simplest of weapons.
Unless they planned ahead for this situation they'd have some pilots and some scientists. That's all there is on the average space mission. Not exactly Navy Seals.

Unless they planned ahead for this situation they'd have some pilots and some scientists. That's all there is on the average space mission. Not exactly Navy Seals.

Yeah, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't most ex-military astronauts come from the Air Force? They might be good physical specimens, but I don't think they'd get extensive survival and hand-to-hand training.

Ok wich cavemen are we talking about? Homo sapiens, Neanderthal or other species? You guys are saying some things that I don't think some os this species were able to do.

Latest posts

Back