CBR reveals Ultimate X-Men #78-79 preview sketches

Re: Ultimate X-Men #78-79 preview sketches

Ugg, I usually dont care about art but 79 looks pretty bad, Bobby looks like a weight lifter and Kitty looked 26

Last edited:

Huh, I thought Paquette was going to be the artist on this for a while, not just another fill-in...

It looks like Grizzly can turn into a real bear. Cool.

Huh, I thought Paquette was going to be the artist on this for a while, not just another fill-in...

I kinda wish he was. I like it.

Kinda glad Kitty's leaving and possibly joining the Spider-Man cast. Cuts down the bloated cast of X-men and gives her more room for development.

I guess Rogue gets a new arm? I'm assume she steals Wolverine's power, but. . .who knows?

Where does Kirkman mention Paquette is a fill-in? The solicits state that he's the artist for #78 and #79, so I just assumed he'll be sticking around for a little while.

It was announced he was permanent starting #77, and then I noticed Oliver is doing the next issue, so I thought Paquette must have been a fill-in.

What I wanna know is why Scott is just free lance jumping out of the X-bird like an idiot, with no parachute and leaving the professor open for attack. Smart move there oh great leader, real smart --;;

What I wanna know is why Scott is just free lance jumping out of the X-bird like an idiot, with no parachute and leaving the professor open for attack. Smart move there oh great leader, real smart --;;

He used his blast to slow his fall in the second annual. He may use it again.

It's funny, I didn't like Oliver's art...until the Cable Arc. Before the Cable Arc, Paquette joining as artist was a step up. But now...I really can't get over how bulky Bobby got.

Great looking Rogue though.

Seeing X-Men disappear left and right in this comic...leads me to think we're close to a "All New, All Different Ultimate X-Men!" issue.

I think this title needs a little revitalization... Maybe all this change is going to be worth something in the end. I certainly hope so - Kirkman has big changes in store for the UXM universe. Personally, I can't wait.

I do like the art very much. Reminds me of Immonen to some degree. You guys may complain, but it's a step up from the quality of art we've been getting lately.

Pretty sure the X-Jet stabilizes the gravity while they're making their enterance/exit. He's not just jumping out.

Don't think I've ever heard that.

You've never heard it because it's implied. It's like how a UFO picks up people. "Beams them up" by lifting them or placing them on the ground by forming a tunnel-like passage way that neutralizes the gravity in a specific path. It's been done everytime the X-Men have been picked up.

Last edited:
ManWithOutFear has a point, although I don't think I've seen them do that since the Millar run. He used it all the time, the X-Jet was beyond belief in abilities. Cloaking, beaming people up, it could go underwater, super sonic, it was a stealth jet, I'm really surprised he didn't have missiles on the thing.

I'm no physics expert, but wouldn't the force needed to do that basically cause his neck to snap?

And Cap's legs would break from half the jumps he does, out of buildings or out of aircraft.

Physics + Comics= Yellow Sun makes an Alien super strong and able to fly.

Latest posts

Back