chinese ultimates?

ThatOneGuy

mark millar said in wizard 153 that in ultimates vol. 2 new super hero teams will crop up in europe and, more disturbingly, china.

what regular marvel characters are chinese born or based? i think mandarin is, but a guy with magic rings doesn't seem like a good fit in the ultimate universe. :roll:

another possibility (as a chinese-based chracter) is xorn, although he's more of an x-character than an ultimate.

fin fang foom sleeps under the great wall of china if i'm not mistaken, and i think that having him awaken could be a workable storyline as long as they drop or change his name (or at least a mention as something that the chinese ultimates are dealing with). think godzilla meets the chitauri.

thoughts?

Really?

Also, I was thinking Sunfire and the Big Hero 6, though they are Japanese... I dunno, though, could there be a version of Vision on their side? Also, they could have an alliance and share their team with surrounding countries such as Omega Red and even Red Skull. Who the hell knows.

xorn is a jew from Europe

Yeah, and Black Widow is ex-KGB from Russia. Doesn't mean anything.

You mean he is Magneto, which was true but now after what's happening in X-Men it looks like Mags was impersonating a real person. And while not Chinese (the Mags version anyway), Xorn was held captive in China for many years.

Yeah, you're slacking a bit! ;)

It seems a bit too early for Xorn, don't you think? I mean, he just came around about two years ago, right? Also, he is a totally different character now that he is a different person, right?

Agent Karma of S.H.I.E.L.D. was born in Southeast Asia, I think Cambodia, so maybe she could be a double agent for China?

Other characters from Asia from the 616 include Ancient One(Tibet), Jade Dragon(China), Mantis(Vietnam), and Shang-Chi(China).

Erm...

Granted that Ultimates is retelling comics in a modern environment (or however you wish to sum up the whole universe), but have they ever said that they won't create new characters? They're recycling most everyone, but is there something saying they can't create new peoples for the teams?

have they ever said that they won't create new characters?

Welcome :)

They have never said they won't create new characters. Geldoff from USM was a new character. I'd be surprised if they created a brand new major character though; it kind of defeats the purpose of being Ultimate. But no - they have not refused to do so.

ThatOneGuy said:
mark millar said in wizard 153 that in ultimates vol. 2 new super hero teams will crop up in europe and, more disturbingly, china.
UltimateE said:
I'd be surprised if they created a brand new major character though; it kind of defeats the purpose of being Ultimate.
Well, there's no saying that the superhero teams will play any bigger a role in Ultimates than Geldoff did in USM. :)

Erm... to answer that, I'd need to read the Ultimates? The TPBs for that are behind all the UX ones on my To Buy list. After reading Ultimate Six, I'm tempted to bump them up, but I need the UX ones for a fanfic I'm writing.

After reading Ultimate Six, I'm tempted to bump them up

If you do, you won't be sorry. The Ultimates TPBs are better (in my opinion) than any of the X-Men ones.

Yeah, but at this point, I have plans to cross my story (set AU after USM #35) with the Ultimate X-Men, so I need the references. And I know technically they've met before, because of those damn Ultimate Team-Ups, but I'm handily ignoring those as is a writer's prerogative. :)

Rest assured, Ultimates are on my list. I've got all nine USMs, and two of the seven UX now. Slowly but surely, I'm getting them all.

Goodwill said:
Where are you writing a fan fic?
On my computer? :)
No, it'll be posted on a site called Twisting the Hellmouth, because it's a Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Ultimate Spider-man crossover. Someone wanted a Buffy/Spidey-movie crossover, but I just hate the movies.

Latest posts

Back